Rest In Peace, show your respects to those who have passed away.

Comments

• M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    Evzen Kolar who work on Never Say Never Again as Second United Manager past a way on the age of 67 this Thuesday (11 July). Besides that Double Impact is possible his moost fames movie he work on.

Source:http://www.imdb.com/news/ni61304143?pf_rd_m=A2FGELUUNOQJNL&pf_rd_p=2540377602&pf_rd_r=1YF26MJB31KJ4RS6RF6Q&pf_rd_s=center-6&pf_rd_t=15061&pf_rd_i=homepage&ref_=hm_nw_tp1
    Damn, I've never seen Joe Robinson in anything else, but I loved his role in Diamonds Are Forever.
  • QuantumOrganizationQuantumOrganization We have people everywhere
    This is one of the Bond people you never hear about. Makes you think of all the talented people who have worked on the films. RIP
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Most of these people are gods now.
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    Lesson #007: Close Quarters Combat

It was one of the better fights in the series. An energy explosion and a claustropobic nightmare at the same time.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Just goes to show how much work, staging and prep goes into such a short sequence. One of Hamilton's greatest accomplishments as a Bond visionary, and one of the most dynamic fights ever filmed, with nothing else like it around.
  • edited July 2017 Posts: 11,189
    Ive always felt that elevator fight was a bit...meh. Certainly in comparison to what came before it.

• edited July 2017 Posts: 5,772
    Just learned of the passing of Anne Golon, writer who, with her husband Serge, created the character of Angélique, heroine of a series of historical novels set during the reign of Louis XIV. The first volumes of this saga were adapted in a series of very popular movies in the sixties, with Michèle Mercier as Angélique.

jeanmarcmorandini.com/article-370417-la-romanciere-anne-golon-qui-a-ecrit-la-celebre-serie-angelique-est-morte-a-l-age-de-95-ans.html

95 is not a bad age to go.
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    RIP George A. Romero
    Sad to learn this, I've enjoyed many of his films and I loved the
    original Day of the Dead.
    They'll have to chain him in his coffin, then.

Yes, I know, but somebody was about to do it, no ? Anyway, Night of the Living Dead was really a frightening movie. A masterpiece of horror, even. Rest in Piece, Mr. Romero.

If you can.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    RIP, Mr. Romero. Kicked off an entire genre with a film that's still so incredible and terrifying to this day.
    So sad to hear about Romero. Night of the Living Dead is one of my favorite movies. RIP.
    Gerard wrote: »
    They'll have to chain him in his coffin, then.

Yes, I know, but somebody was about to do it, no ? Anyway, Night of the Living Dead was really a frightening movie. A masterpiece of horror, even. Rest in Piece, Mr. Romero.

If you can.

That s funny.
  • Oh man, RIP George Romero. I love all three of his first Living Dead films dearly. This one cuts deep. Will be revisiting all his films now for sure. A true icon of horror cinema.
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    RIP, Mr. Romero. Kicked off an entire genre with a film that's still so incredible and terrifying to this day.

I often feel he was the only one to understand the genre he had created.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    I've been avoiding watching zombie movies for the past few weeks. Now I feel like a right bastard.
    Wow RIP George Romero. What a year 2017 is.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    edited July 2017 Posts: 40,368
    The legendary Martin Landau has passed away at the age of 89:

http://www.tmz.com/2017/07/16/martin-landau-dead/
  • A wonderful actor. I'm somewhat ashamed to admit he's an actor whom I would chronically over the years mistakenly assume was no longer with us. Likely because of his tremendous turn as Bela Lugosi in Ed Wood. Now he really has passed. A long life and many wonderful performances left for posterity.
    Wow Martin Landau too.
    RIP Martin Landau. Big loss; wonderful actor. This one hurts.
  • Martin Landau's warm-up (sort of) to playing Bela Lugosi: Playing a Transylvanian villain on The Man From UNCLE. He spoke in the same accent that he'd use decades later in Ed Wood.

count-zark.png
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    edited July 2017 Posts: 4,548
    RIP, Martin Landau. I will never forget Landau's verbal attack on MTV's Kennedy at the premiere of Mission Impossible. Kennedy basically asked, "What brings you here this evening?" Landau, of course, had starred in the original TV series and, in a tirade, let her have it. The gist of his message was, "If you're going to be an entertainment reporter, do your $#@! homework!" LOL
  • TripAces wrote: »
    RIP, Martin Landau. I will never forget Landau's verbal attack on MTV's Kennedy at the premiere of Mission Impossible. Kennedy basically asked, "What brings you here this evening?" Landau, of course, had starred in the original TV series and, in a tirade, let her have it. The gist of his message was, "If you're going to be an entertainment reporter, do your $#@! homework!" LOL

Good for him!
    Ed Wood, North by Northwest, and The Majestic are my favorite Landau films.
  • edited July 2017 Posts: 5,772
    North by Northwest for me. Of course, I only knew that gentleman through Mission Impossible and Space 1999, but I liked him in both roles.

Edit : plus, I learned relatively recently that he was the father of Juliet Landau. Yes, his daughter is a vampire (and a Time Lady, but only in the audios from Big Finish).
  • JohnHammond73JohnHammond73 Lancashire, UK
    RIP Mr Romero and Mr Landau.
  • GoldenGunGoldenGun Per ora e per il momento che verrà
    Wow, terrible news. Romero's first three Living Dead films are among my favourites. RIP, Mr Romero :(

Martin Landau also a great actor. Remember him vividly in Cleopatra. RIP