SPECTRE Spoilerish News and discussions

Comments

• MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    Well the video tribute for Bond at the BAFTAs was quite horrible.... It was basicly the 'Craig and Connery' tribute, with a bit of Moore and Brosnan, one single shot of Lazenby's face and stricly nothing from Dalton....

If the video in question is the same one that was played behind Tom Jones as he sang Thunderball recently, then there was a tiny bit of Dalton in the tribute. I was able to pick out 3 shots:

1) As 004 falls to his death, Bond spins around and we're shown Dalton's face for the first time, it's the shot of Dalton's face that is shown in the tribute.

2) The 2nd one I noticed was from LTK when Bond grabs the harpoon on the Wakekrest, ready to shoot Clive. It's the shot of Bond holding the harpoon.

3) The 3rd and last one was the first person shot from the grille of the V8 antage, as the rockets are fired at the Truck.

Those were the ones I could see from the angles we got of the screen showing the tribute behind Jones.
    Seems like shooting in PW

Victor von Doom @mutantblues
    Someone in the office has been over at Pinewood studios and has seen Daniel Craig. I'm a little bit jealous, I'd like to see him.

Olevia Kratzer @Oleviarp36
    Live from Pinewood Studios this morning, Daniel Craig is here filming 007.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    Well the video tribute for Bond at the BAFTAs was quite horrible.... It was basicly the 'Craig and Connery' tribute, with a bit of Moore and Brosnan, one single shot of Lazenby's face and stricly nothing from Dalton....

If the video in question is the same one that was played behind Tom Jones as he sang Thunderball recently, then there was a tiny bit of Dalton in the tribute. I was able to pick out 3 shots:

1) As 004 falls to his death, Bond spins around and we're shown Dalton's face for the first time, it's the shot of Dalton's face that is shown in the tribute.

2) The 2nd one I noticed was from LTK when Bond grabs the harpoon on the Wakekrest, ready to shoot Clive. It's the shot of Bond holding the harpoon.

3) The 3rd and last one was the first person shot from the grille of the V8 antage, as the rockets are fired at the Truck.

Those were the ones I could see from the angles we got of the screen showing the tribute behind Jones.

Yes, it seems the Dalton stuff were on the screen while we had close-ups of Jones singing... shame... but sometimes the video screen was so small I couldn't see very well what was happening.

• I'd LOVE to see the Pinewood sets. They've now shot a lot of footage at Pinewood that we know next to nothing about.
  • I'd LOVE to see the Pinewood sets. They've now shot a lot of footage at Pinewood that we know next to nothing about.

Apparently they've built a full size hollowed out volcano with a fake lake at the top...

;)

Apparently they've built a full size hollowed out volcano with a fake lake at the top...

;)

I hope there are also sharks with frickin' lasers attached to them ;-)

;)

I hope there are also sharks with frickin' lasers attached to them ;-)

At the very least!

I don't know, if there is a car thread, but that is the problem, if a new thread is opened for everything ;)

Germanlady wrote:
    I don't know, if there is a car thread, but that is the problem, if a new thread is opened for everything ;)

Thats as close as i will get to knowing what its like to drive the DBS! :(( ;) Thanks for posting!
  • JamesPageJamesPage Administrator, Moderator, Director
    British actress Naomie Harris, who will be playing Eve in the new James Bond film "Skyfall", has spoken a little more about her character in the latest issue of <a href="http://www.totalfilm.com/news/naomie-harris-talks-skyfall"; target="_blank">Total Film</a> magazine.

When they asked if Eve was an ally or a baddie, she responded, “My character would like to see herself as a female Bond but I don’t think anyone’s really a match for Bond.”

And has she done many stunts? “I kickbox and do a lot with guns. I started off terrified by the sound of a gun, let alone having any idea of how to hold one but now I really enjoy it.”
  • edited February 2012 Posts: 6,601
    I think, this might be true. If so, its sad..also this doesn't sound like a reason to blow up her part to make it bigger then it used to be in the last two..which was too much for many already. As I see it, she will be in the London parts, but although we have seen a lot of her in the few scenes, we have - it doesn't mean her screentime is much.

Dame Judi: My battle to save my eyesight
    In a deeply moving interview, she said her sight is already so bad she cannot see faces in front of her

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/dame-judi-denchs-eyesight-battle-689976
    Germanlady wrote:
    I think, this might be true. If so, its sad..also this doesn't sound like a reason to blow up her part to make it bigger then it used to be in the last two..which was too much for many already. As I see it, she will be in the London parts, but although we have seen a lot of her in the few scenes, we have - it doesn't mean her screentime is much.

In a deeply moving interview, she said her sight is already so bad she cannot see faces in front of her

This sounds untypically critical coming from you!

I didn't know that about Dame Judi's eyes. Let's hope she is okay.
    Getafix wrote:

If you mean the part about her not being in the film that much - LOL, I have nothing against her M at all, I even prefer her to the male M's - but I know, many Bondfans see it different and cannot wait, until she leaves.

Germanlady wrote:
    Getafix wrote:

If you mean the part about her not being in the film that much - LOL, I have nothing against her M at all, I even prefer her to the male M's - but I know, many Bondfans see it different and cannot wait, until she leaves.

I'd have liked to see a face-off between Bernard Lee and Dame Judi. Would have been cinema gold.
    With regard to NH's comments on Eve? Do you get the feeling they trying to give us another JINX?

On Dame Judi's eyesight? I sincerely hope that it can be something that can be rectified? She is a national treasure!
  • edited February 2012 Posts: 11,425
    RogueAgent wrote:
    With regard to NH's comments on Eve? Do you get the feeling they trying to give us another JINX?

On Dame Judi's eyesight? I sincerely hope that it can be something that can be rectified? She is a national treasure!

No, I don't think Mendes would want another Jinx. I do actually think that despite all the denials that they might be setting Harris up as a future Miss M. Just my suspicion.

I think Mendes wants to take the opportunity of the 'reboot' to introduce Q and Moneypenny in an amusing way. Just a hunch. She might not actually be Moneypenny in this film, but I think that could be her destiny.
    Getafix wrote:
    RogueAgent wrote:

No, I don't think Mendes would want another Jinx. I do actually think that despite all the denials that they might be setting Harris up as a future Miss M. Just my suspicion.

I think Mendes wants to take the opportunity of the 'reboot' to introduce Q and Moneypenny in an amusing way. Just a hunch. She might not actually be Moneypenny in this film, but I think that could be her future destiny.

Don't start the whole Eve Moneypenny thing again! %-( X_X :-t PLEASE!!!!!! lol
    Getafix wrote:
    I'd have liked to see a face-off between Bernard Lee and Dame Judi. Would have been cinema gold.

Bernhard Lee was so - dunno - unthreatening, unimpressive. Dench M seems twice the guy he is.

Germanlady wrote:
    Getafix wrote:

Bernhard Lee was so - dunno - unthreatening, unimpressive. Dench M seems twice the guy he is.

Shocker. You gotta love Bernard. Although Judi is defo more scary.
    Yes, Bernhard is for love, but that is not his job. He was too soft IMO. Judi can switch from nice old Lady to "utter one more sillable and I have you killed" and you believe her, too.
  • Germanlady wrote:

That's very sad news... my dad was diagnosed with the same condition years ago and I've seen how hard it is for him. There's no cure, either, you can only pray it doesn't get worse.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    edited February 2012 Posts: 23,449
    jackdagger wrote:
    Germanlady wrote:

That's very sad news... my dad was diagnosed with the same condition years ago and I've seen how hard it is for him. There's no cure, either, you can only pray it doesn't get worse.

I deeply regret that, jackdagger. If you want to elaborate on the subject, you can always do so here.
    Amazon lists two SKYFALL tie-in books

Amazon.com is now listing two Skyfall tie-in books available for pre-order.

The first is Bond on Set: Filming Skyfall by Greg Williams. This will be the fourth "Bond on Set" book from Willams, which feature behind the scenes photographs from the making of the Bond films.

Amazon is also listing LIFE 50 Years of James Bond: On the Run with 007, from Dr. No to Skyfall. No details on this release

http://www.thebookbond.com/2012/02/amazon-lists-two-skyfall-tie-in-books.html?spref=tw
  • gt007gt007 Station G
    I'll definitely get the new Bond On Set. I have the last two and they're amazing. Williams's photos are really beautiful.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    Great. This ties in with what we knew from long ago. One of them is even confirmed for October.

http://www.mi6-hq.com/sections/articles/collecting_2012_books_preview.php3

'XL James Bond', I'd like to hear more about that book. It may well be the best of the lot.
    “I’ve done them all so far. In a couple of weeks we’ve got another big stunt thing, so I don’t know if I can do all of them. But I’m trying to!"

Read more:

http://www.askmen.com/entertainment/news_3800/3838_bond-girls-skyfall.html?utm_campaign=Argyle+Social-2012-02&amp;utm_content=johnny&amp;utm_medium=Argyle+Social&amp;utm_source=twitter&amp;utm_term=2012-02-17-14-45-00#ixzz1mszQSrsM

Naomi Harris.. 'in a few weeks' does that mean she'll be in Turkey?
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    edited February 2012 Posts: 13,350
    Poeple who work for The Sun get payed to write this .... .

This idea may have made Die Another Day better, come to think about it.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=_sUeGC-8dyk

Finally, a practical use for flying robots. Playing the Bond theme.
  • edited March 2012 Posts: 6,601
    Daniel nominated for best actor, Tattoo for best film. You can vote...
    Jameson Empire Awards due to take place March 25

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/movies/news/a369369/jameson-empire-awards-nominations-2012-in-full.html