Zao goes from diamonds to purses....

edited February 2012 in News Posts: 555
The gun-toting, Vin Diesel-hating villain from "The Fast and The Furious" is now a major player in the dangerous world of women's fashion accessories ... and TMZ has learned he's now at the center of a lawsuit involving the most COVETED purse on the planet.

Rick Yune -- who played Asian gang leader Johnny Tran in the 2001 flick -- is being sued by a husband and wife duo from London who claim they struck a deal with Yune to buy 10 Hermes Birkin handbags in October 2011.

MANSLATION: The Hermes Birkin bags are the Holy Grail of hand bags ... famously prized by Samantha in "Sex and the City" ... and with a super-long waiting list, they're virtually IMPOSSIBLE to obtain.

The London couple claim they wired Yune $198k for the first 8 bags ... and promised to pay him another $95k for 2 additional bags upon delivery.

According to the lawsuit, filed in L.A. County Superior Court and obtained by TMZ, the couple claims they NEVER got the bags ... and Yune never returned their cash. The Brits are suing for their money back ... plus damages.

But Yune is calling BS ... a rep for the actor tells TMZ the actor insists he DID deliver the bags to a man who works for the couple ... and Yune believes that particular employee ran off with the goods.

The rep adds, "Rick is not only a very successful actor and businessman, he is one of the most honest people out there. It's a shame someone is trying to tarnish his name and he has fallen victim to a scam."

http://www.tmz.com/2012/02/14/fast-and-furious-rick-yune-johnny-tran-hermes-birkin-handbag-purse/#.TztIvU4ge8A

Comments

• 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    The rep adds, "Rick is not only a very successful actor and businessman, he is one of the most honest people out there. It's a shame someone is trying to tarnish his name and he has fallen victim to a scam."

Now that, my friends, is the true crime committed here. B-)
  • The rep adds, "Rick is not only a very successful actor and businessman, he is one of the most honest people out there. It's a shame someone is trying to tarnish his name and he has fallen victim to a scam."

TMZ....DAD...purses....best thread ever?
  • JamesPageJamesPage Administrator, Moderator, Director
    Don't blow it all at once.

I'll get my coat...
  • edited February 2012 Posts: 12,837

TMZ....DAD...purses....best thread ever?

the REAL best thread ever is the argentinan actress one ;)

I always forget zao was in fast n furious. But then again I've never been a huge fan because I thought the 1st one was just point break with cars, I didn't like the 2nd one, but I did like tokyo drift and fast 5.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    With his sparkling personality, Rick must have delivered quite a few punch lines when selling those purses.

The word *purse* on this forum. It's a first for me... in nearly 7 years (!).
    DarthDimi wrote:
    With his sparkling personality, Rick must have delivered quite a few punch lines when selling those purses.

[-( [-(
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    edited February 2012 Posts: 13,350
    I love stories like this - how wrong of me. Hopefully there's some follow up on this soon.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    Samuel001 wrote:
    I love stories like this - how wrong of me. Hopefully there's some follow up on this soon.

Fox must have already bought the rights to produce a TV series based on these true events. ;-)

Rick Yune will be played by Steven Seagal.