James Bond Diecast Cars (All Brands).

Comments

Omg they've finally released my favorite car in 1/18 scale!!!
    $190 though, yikes!

$_1.JPG
    I bought that yesterday. It look like the one that Timothy Dalton drove in the Living Daylights.

• Agent_99Agent_99 enjoys a spirited ride as much as the next girl
    One of those little nostalgia tales; bear with me:

The first car I can remember my parents owning in the late '70s/early '80s was a Citroen 2CV. I absolutely adored that car - so much that my dad bought me the toy version.

I long ago got rid of all the other beat-up toy cars from my childhood, but I always hung on to the dear old 2CV and kept it nearby, because it was cute.

I have only just worked out it's the For Your Eyes Only model. IDIOT.

So I guess a) this is the first 007 collectible I owned, and b) it's migrating from my desk to my Bond shelf now.

Thanks, Dad!

211989_600.jpg
  • edited April 2017 Posts: 12,506
    /\ That is rather amusing! When did it finally dawn on you what you actually had? How many years had it been? :D
    edited April 2017 Posts: 3,098
    Yesterday, when I saw one listed on eBay :) They were made in the early '80s, so...about 35 years altogether, 20 years as a Bond fan?

In my defence, I've only watched FYEO a couple of times and I'd somehow convinced myself the 2CV in it was red. Bad Bond fan!
    Brilliant Agent99! Perhaps you watched FYEO on a black and white tv set? May explain your thoughts on the red colour? :)) ;)
    That's an excellent excuse. I'll take it!
    Agent_99 wrote: »
    That's an excellent excuse. I'll take it!

:)) Your most welcome! lol! No idea what is going on with the face characters? They don't appear the same as on the menu to select them? :-?
    For the memories for Sir Roger Moore. All the cars he drove in The Persuaders & James Bond I had look at the die cast cars. I got them all. Minicamps,Corgi & The Persuaders Aston Martin DBS. Corgi should do Roger Moore TV & James Bond cars including the Volvo he drove in The Saint for us to remember him.
  • imranbecksimranbecks Singapore
    edited June 2017 Posts: 972
    Seriously hoping to get my hands on the Hot Wheels Elite 1/18 DB10 which has recently been released.... That model looks pretty wicked!
    imranbecks wrote: »
    Seriously hoping to get my hands on the Hot Wheels Elite 1/18 DB10 which has recently been released.... That model looks pretty wicked!

Wonder what the quality of the model will be like.
    001 wrote: »

From the photos I've seen of the model and videos at YouTube, the model looks to be very good quality. Typical high quality that you'd get with an Elite Hot Wheels model..
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Just picked up this baby:

rl7rWK5.jpg

Well I got yesterday. It is quite great.
    Agent7F wrote: »

Well I got yesterday. It is quite great.

Pics please...
    Read this review on Amazon on the HOTWHEELS CMC94 ELITE JAMES BOND 007 SPECTRE ASTON MARTIN DB10 1:18 SILVER

Bought this from a local shop for a friend. Save your money unless you're a hardcore 007 fan. $150 for no photo etched seatbelts or emblems. No chrome trim. No carpets. Really? This shouldn't even be priced at $70. Headlights look like that from a Maisto. I'm glad HWE is back, just not like this.
    I'd still get that 1/18 DB10. From the pics and videos I've seen of it, it looks good. Hope to get it soon.
    AutoArt really is the best brand for 1:18 die cast models. The versions from Hot Wheels, including the new DB10, have parts that are not detailed, fine enough.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    AutoArt really is the best brand for 1:18 die cast models. The versions from Hot Wheels, including the new DB10, have parts that are not detailed, fine enough.
    I really like Kyosho and Minichamps as well.
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    I couldn't help chortling at a full page ad in this months Empire from Corgi for the DB10 from SP.

Well done chaps only almost 2 years to the day late. How are these people still in business?
  • brinkeguthriebrinkeguthrie Piz Gloria
    I will bet you cash money that around Sept. of 2019 there will be a "Special Edition (MOVIE NAME HERE) Aston Martin DB5 from Corgi. And then by June of 2020 there will be the car from the movie, released after the new movie is out on DVD. Bookmark this post.
    =bg= wrote: »
    I will bet you cash money that around Sept. of 2019 there will be a "Special Edition (MOVIE NAME HERE) Aston Martin DB5 from Corgi. And then by June of 2020 there will be the car from the movie, released after the new movie is out on DVD. Bookmark this post.

These are easily the most overproduced pieces of Bond memorabilia out there. How many versions do we need of some of these? I gave up more than a decade ago after the Johnny Lightning versions. I have no desire for a director's cut or whatever nonsense term they come up with.
  • brinkeguthriebrinkeguthrie Piz Gloria
    if you count all the way from AutoArt on the big end to Micro machines, it's 14 for me. And that's AFTER downsizing about 50% of my collection.

Not only are the Hot Wheels not good enough, they are very expensive for the lack of quality.
    bondjames wrote: »

Could you send me some images/links of 1/18 scaled MiniChamps and Kyosho models?
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited October 2017 Posts: 23,883
    bondjames wrote: »

Could you send me some images/links of 1/18 scaled MiniChamps and Kyosho models?
    Sorry, I only saw your post now. You can see Minichamps and Kyosho here (select the appropriate manufacturer links).

http://www.modellisimo.com/

Here are examples of Minichamps 1:18
    http://www.carmodel.com/minichamps/b66960079/1-18/mercedes-benz/sls-roadster-6-3-amg-c197-2011/111946

http://www.carmodel.com/minichamps/155016120/1-18/audi/quattro-1980/112046

And Kyosho 1:18
    http://www.carmodel.com/kyosho/09232msb/1-18/audi/a8l-w12-2014/89734
    The attention to detail in the packaging, like here for example – complete with background and all:
    thespywholovedme-car.png
    ...Are these models supposed to remain inside their packaging?
    The attention to detail in the packaging, like here for example – complete with background and all:
    thespywholovedme-car.png

Their is usually a plastic top to encase the whole thing?
    RogueAgent wrote: »
    thespywholovedme-car.png

Ah, I see. This probably makes any collector want to scream, but if I were to get a diecast car model, it would be great to not feel bad removing the car from it's packaging. I Would feel very bad taking the car out of packaging like that!
    RogueAgent wrote: »
    thespywholovedme-car.png

Ah, I see. This probably makes any collector want to scream, but if I were to get a diecast car model, it would be great to not feel bad removing the car from it's packaging. I Would feel very bad taking the car out of packaging like that!

This "Bond in Motion" car collection is a rehash of the James Bond 007 car collection Eaglemoss did a number of years ago. Are they trying to impersonate Corgi by selling us the same product but with a new front cover on the magazine? I will pick and choose which one I purchase as I already have all the models shown with the acception of the AM DB10!