The hair thread

edited December 2014 in SPECTRE Posts: 6,601
nuff said...

Comments

....World is not Enough-said...!!! =))
    Atlast! Thats my last comment on this thread!
    Oh.....!!! Go on folks, more hair stuff!!!!

Like.....does Bond use wax or gel!! OMG this is going to bug me now!!! :-((

Need to get out more....
  • edited February 2012 Posts: 229
    Very interesting thread and usefulpas-compris.gif
    Maybe we could open a thread about french nail varnish lol
  • St_GeorgeSt_George Shuttling Drax's lovelies to the space doughnut - happy 40th, MR!
    And the point of this thread is...? :-/
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    edited February 2012 Posts: 13,350
    St_George wrote:
    And the point of this thread is...? :-/

Take a look at the last few pages of the aforementioned photo thread. I think even you'll agree @St_George - things got a little hairy. ;)
  • St_GeorgeSt_George Shuttling Drax's lovelies to the space doughnut - happy 40th, MR!
    Ah I see, thanks, Sam. So, as I suspected, there's no good reason for this thread then? Find one, peeps, and I won't close it... ;)
    It seems when given the choice of continuing the argument elsewhere or stopping it altogether, those involved made the right choice.

I'd personally wait and see if any action kicks off again, before taking any decision here. This thread may be of use.
  • Ok, mates, what is your all time favorite Bond hair style?

Dalton's slicked back vampire-esque LTK hair?

Pierce's 80's Goldeneye hair?

Daniel Craig's ultra-short SF buzz?

Rog's short and proper LALD or floppier AVTAK?

Connery's actual hair? Or Goldfinger rug?

Or is it another hairstyle?

Which style screams Bond to you and why?

Best hairstyle for each actor:

Connery: FRWL
    Moore: LALD
    Dalton: TLD
    Brosnan: TND
    Craig: SF
  • X3MSonicXX3MSonicX https://www.behance.net/gallery/86760163/Fa-Posteres-de-007-No-Time-To-Die
    For me, the Best hair was Brosnan in TWINE.
  • Agent005 wrote:
    Best hairstyle for each actor:

Connery: FRWL
    Moore: LALD
    Dalton: TLD
    Brosnan: TND
    Craig: SF

Connery: DN
    Moore: OP
    Dalton: TLD (goes without saying)
    Brosnan: GE (I'm in the minority here, but I think Pierce worked better as a youthful Bond. People think he was better as he aged, but I think he would have been better in the 80's. This was Brosnan closest to his 80's persona, with the hair to match).
    Craig: SF (Love the short cut. The only cut I would actually want. [Except, of course, I would Brosnan's hair. That's a helluvahead of hair. I think any guy would take it, regardless of their feeling on Brozzer])

• edited February 2012 Posts: 555
    Request @St_George for a thread change to:

"A Man That Has Less Hair Than Wit: Bond Hair Styles"

(little play on a classic Mark Twain quote there) ;)

I really think this thread has legs.
  • edited February 2012 Posts: 5,634
    Maybe we should get the Sex Pistols to do the next Bond theme

"Never mind the Bouffants"

8-|
    I'm done with discussing Craig's hair. I think his hair is too short for the character, and many here think the opposite.

Move on.
  • I think that Craig's hair looks fine and suits "film Bond" in 2012 quite well. As a woman told me a long time ago almost every man looks great with an "in-style" haircut. Craig's hair is towards the shorter end of what's currently in style but it's not unusual in the least. It also makes sense for a man who is physically active.

Someone mentioned TB above; to me TB was when it became apparent that Connery was wearing a toupee. I thought that what he wore in the previous films looked far more natural.
  • I'm done with discussing Craig's hair. I think his hair is too short for the character, and many here think the opposite.

Move on.

We have. The discussions is about ever Bondhairstyle. Anything to add?

The hair of each actor is a fascinating subject:

Connery - the rug gernerally looked ok up until NSNA when something appeared to have died on his head.

Lazenby - though it was all his own his hairstyle seemed to belong to someone else.

Moore - his hairstyle was pretty good up until the last few when it was longer and slicked back, possibly to cover up a bit of thinning?

Dalton - not much to say on this one, his hair looked like most 40 year olds in the 80's.

Brosnan - his hair seemed to get shorter with each film, i'm sure it's just coincidence that the films got worse as Brozza's hair got shorter but hey there is a theory in there somwhere.

Craig - pretty basic clipper job, possibly due to budget cuts?

Oh my :))

BTW - in order to get a clearer picture of those so called cuts, I watched the whole of the press conference again and in hindsight, the way MGW put his remarks in ways of "We will get everything we need" etc. in a talking around it sort of way, it MIGHT be, they don't have the zillions, they said, they have, but I also believe, they knew, WHAT they had right from the beginning. Maybe we all think to much into it, but IF that is an issue, I don't think, they cut anything after start.

It would interest me, if somebody else would listen to it again, as well and tell me, what he thinks.
    Germanlady wrote:

Oh my :))

BTW - in order to get a clearer picture of those so called cuts, I watched the whole of the press conference again and in hindsight, the way MGW put his remarks in ways of "We will get everything we need" etc. in a talking around it sort of way, it MIGHT be, they don't have the zillions, they said, they have, but I also believe, they knew, WHAT they had right from the beginning. Maybe we all think to much into it, but IF that is an issue, I don't think, they cut anything after start.

It would interest me, if somebody else would listen to it again, as well and tell me, what he thinks.

I agree they went into this film knowing the budget but so did we. We've known of the product placement deal since May:

http://www.mi6-hq.com/news/index.php?itemid=9415

45 x 3 made the $135 million we knew about even before then. No cuts have made since filming began, at least that's my understanding.
    We don't know, if anything has changed since that date, but how ever that might be - I feel, there is no reason to moan, even IF they have to play it cheaper. It does make sense to me, that after all the MGM trouble, money cannot be in a "lets just throw it around" mode. Not possible IMO and we have seen with QOS, that big money doesn't guarantee a good film.
    So far, it seems to me, that they have spend the money wisely on a good script writer, good actors and a good creative and action team. Locations can be made looking gorgeous, I believe, these days without the need, to film everything on location.

Time will tell...but I am positive, the result will live up to expectations and maybe beyond.
  • edited February 2012 Posts: 289
    i was just comparing SF with the posted CR picture, its not that much shorter in the front just shorter on the sides. CR picture the hair is twizzled beckham (short) style that was big back then now its straight forward,
    I'm done with discussing Craig's hair. I think his hair is too short for the character, and many here think the opposite.

Move on.

We have. The discussions is about ever Bondhairstyle. Anything to add?
    The styles which suited the actors the best are -

Connery, best hair - GF
    Lazenby had a a cool style in OHMSS (digging the sideburns)
    Moore, best hair - LALD
    Dalton, best hair - LTK (liking the sideburns, not so much the style he has in his tux)
    Brozza, best hair - GE
    Craig, best hair - QoS

Is this enough for you, or shall I elaborate further....?
  • I'm done with discussing Craig's hair. I think his hair is too short for the character, and many here think the opposite.

Move on.

We have. The discussions is about every Bond hairstyle. Anything to add?
    The styles which suited the actors the best are -

Connery, best hair - GF
    Lazenby had a a cool style in OHMSS (digging the sideburns)
    Moore, best hair - LALD
    Dalton, best hair - LTK (liking the sideburns, not so much the style he has in his tux)
    Brozza, best hair - GE
    Craig, best hair - QoS

Is this enough for you, or shall I elaborate further....?

Only if you want to!

Does anyone happen to have an HQ pic of Craig's new cut?

• Craig looks like Gunnery Sgt. Bond in Skyfall... though I thought they wanted to reflect Bond's military roots with his hair style in CR? I thought it was too short at first but I had that cut for awhile and thinking of going short again... anyway. His hair in Skyfall is trimmed right to the wood and I can't say I like it that short. But the new photos look awesome... it's making me forget about the haircut;
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    He looks suave with the haircut he has now IMO.
    Gunnery Sgt Bond! LOL. That's dead-on!

I understand the thinking - action hero shouldn't be bothered with his hair, and it's clearly Craig's preference - but I think its out of place with the vanity of the suits and just exacerbates the harshness of his face. Anyway, it is what it is and a moot point now.
  • edited April 2012 Posts: 6,665
    I don´t like his hair, but he doesn´t have a nice hair and never will. The fact that he can remain cool even with that hair, short or not, now that´s something. It´s like Dalton, the man had really bad hair (still good in TLD) and he could still pull it off. Connery had a wig most of the time. Only Lazenby, Rog and Pierce had really good hair. The fact that I prefer the 3 Bonds with worst hair is...well...strange, considering I still have full head of hair. Still, Craig is cool because he´s cool, not because of his hair.