The "HOT or NOT" Music Singles Topic!

edited June 2017 in General Discussion Posts: 11,119
I want to add a bit more to.....just a topic where people are posting their favourite pieces of music and no one is interacting with each other. So, I add a little 'game' to it. We will post one music single, via YouTube. Then the following posts must contain at least 10 or more "Hot" or "Not"s until we move on to the next YouTube music video. And off course with some argumentation and reasoning for your choice. Right? Clear? Here we go :-D!!

I kick off the thread with this song from the Dutch singer Thomas Azier:

Comments

• PropertyOfALadyPropertyOfALady Colders Federation CEO
    Not. I don't much care for the melody. Plus the lyrics are a bit odd.
    Is this going to be just for "current" tunes?
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    edited June 2017 Posts: 4,416
    Not. The track is from 2014, but present of course have effect on it. Overall there is to much of trance music and inspecialy this.

What i mis in Dutch top 40 charts is normal Dutch music. Last couple of years there is almoost none.
    vzok wrote: »
    Is this going to be just for "current" tunes?

Nope for ALL tunes ;-)
    Cool.

Not - I found Thomas Azier to be somewhat tuneless.
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    NOT for me.
    four big "NOT"s already. 6 more ;-).
    anyone?
    Not! and not keen on Euro pop.
    For me it's a big "HOT" then. Reminds me a bit of Alphaville.
    Okay, that was a big "NOT" anyway hehe. Let's leave it at 7 votes for now! So there will never be a draw. What about this? Hot or again Not!??!

Come onnn
    I would rate this as CRAP.
    Not
    The lady doth screech too much. A big NOT from me.
    I'm am pretty much flabbergasted. Apparently not many people in here like new trip-hop revelations:
    http://www.npr.org/sections/allsongs/2017/04/26/525594654/sevdaliza-releases-stunning-debut-ison-with-surreal-visuals

Big HOT for me.
  • edited July 2017 Posts: 11,119
    Anyone else care to vote?

Four votes in. Three more votes. The 7th voter gets to post the next music video.
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    Not. Look to much on spoof of Ed Sheeran and Lupa.
    M_Balje wrote: »
    Not. Look to much on spoof of Ed Sheeran and Lupa.

You gotta be kidding me. That it is a 'not' for you I can understand. But comparing Sevdaliza with singer-songwriter Ed Sheeran is like comparing trip-hop lounge with country,......or apples with...a penis. If you have to compare Sevdaliza with someone, then bring up Gotan Project, Björk, Grace Jones or even Goldfrapp.
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    edited July 2017 Posts: 17,728
    NOT. My ears are bleeding in fact.

65722881.jpg

True story.

Additional comment: She looks like an Iranian Beyonce, only much less successful of course.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    All right. NOT. It isn t horrible, but nothing special. I think I am the 7th, do I get to post the next? And does it have to be something new?
    Yes @Thunderfinger. Your turn :-)
    Thanks!

Hot or not?
  • HOT!

Better still in Nino Rota's original orchestration, but it's hard to mess up one of cinema's greatest love themes.
    I just checked it out. I never heard Rota s original version before, so thanks for that. Beautiful indeed. I want to post it,
    Definitely HOT! I love that song. Anybody heard Lana Del Rey's 'Old Money'? Song takes the tune but she made the lyrics. She licensed the original melody of course.

I like hers too.

In summary:

Original (Nino Rota): HOT
    Remake (Henry Mancini): HOT
    Old Money (Lana Del Rey): HOT
    Not
  • Definitely HOT! I love that song. Anybody heard Lana Del Rey's 'Old Money'? Song takes the tune but she made the lyrics. She licensed the original melody of course.

I had no idea about the connection with that Lana Del Rey song even though I'd heard it before. But I hear the theme there now. Good on her for actually licensing the music. Many wouldn't.
    vzok wrote: »
    Not

Heathen.
    I've never liked the plinky simplicity of that one. Much better romantic pieces out there
  • Fair enough. I was just joking with my "heathen" remark.