[MI6] Cover Art Competition - Live And Let Die

Comments

Hope the others like it.........it's 100% hand-drawn, by the way, (except for the author''s
    name). U guys are doin' soooooooo good!!!!!!!!
  • LudsLuds MIA
    @felixbnrj Good work mate. Old school drawing!
    Yup jus' like it was in the old days.........wanted to see if my drawing impresses. Did you send one too? Didn't see yours
    Here's the final artwork for my 'Live and let Die' cover. I just evened out the colors a
    bit.
    < img src="http://img263.imageshack.us/img263/4263/liveandletdiecoverfinal.png/">
    if this fails, jus' try this link below
    http://img263.imageshack.us/i/liveandletdiecoverfinal.png/
  • edited April 2011 Posts: 16
    [AGAIN]Here's the final artwork for my 'Live and let Die' cover. I just evened out the colors a
    bit.
    if this fails, jus' try this link below
    http://img263.imageshack.us/i/liveandletdiecoverfinal.png/
  • nick_007nick_007 Ville Marie
    http://img263.imageshack.us/img263/4263/liveandletdiecoverfinal.png

Try putting that link into your code. You will see that it works.
    Um, this the final cover. Hope it works
    Jobe, yours is fantastic. I'm voting for that and no mistake.
    Right I'm getting in on this skull thing -
    laldskull-31-03-2011 -1
  • retrokittyretrokitty The Couv
    hmmm... I have a skull too. Might have to do a second one to see if I can do something different.

James Bond Flemining
  • AgentJamesBond007AgentJamesBond007 Vesper’s grave
    edited March 2011 Posts: 2,630
    These are really good and creative. @retrokitty, I really like your's
    Thanks, Agent... It's my first attempt at a book cover. I'm learning some adobe products for work now so figure this was a good way to learn and stretch my skills. It's way harder than it looks really.
    It really captures the Voodoo spirit well. Good job Madame Kitty!
    Ok... we'll I can't get away from the skull. 8-X

I really liked this art so wanted to use it.

Photobucket
    nice really it captures perfectly :)
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    Me eyes! Wow! That certainly catches you attention kitty, I like that cover a lot if only for that. A great use of basic colour too. I'm looking forward to see what else you can do.

Meanwhile maybe I should stretch my skills and see what I can knock up in Paint...
    Judging by the entries here, I say we close down these forums and open a new company called MI6 Community Design.
    Try it, Samuel. But one thing I do for all my creative stuff is do it until I think it's complete and then leave it for a few hours or overnight before publishing. There is usually something I want to tweak after I've been away from it for a bit.

Paint will be harder because you can't move the layers around after adding other bits...
  • HASEROTHASEROT has returned like the tedious inevitability of an unloved season---
    Quoting retrokitty: But one thing I do for all my creative stuff is do it until I think it's complete and then leave it for a few hours or overnight before publishing. There is usually something I want to tweak after I've been away from it for a bit.
    ah... the life of artist who is never satisfied... lol... i am the same exact way...... i'll love a design i make - and then 2 days later i'll look at it, and go "crap, pure crap" - gotta start over lol...
  • HASEROTHASEROT has returned like the tedious inevitability of an unloved season---
    Photobucket
    Oooh, Haserot, I love that last one.
  • DiscoVolanteDiscoVolante Stockholm, Sweden
    haserot, you rock \m/
    Very nice work haserot.
    wow now this looks like battle.wow how you can choose only one winner?
    latest haserot entry looks funny,it looks like that skull is showing his middle finger :)
    Haserot,

your latest entry might just be my favourite of all your contributions thus far. There's just something not sitting well with me in the "Live And Let Die" portion of it. I don't know what it is so I can't offer any specific complaints. Superb!
    Quoting retrokitty: leave it for a few hours or overnight before publishing. There is usually something I want to tweak after I've been away from it for a bit.
    Absolutely. I could have benefited from waiting a little and not have had to post a revised cover.
    Haserot, you are the best in originality. Your art is the best. I give up in this competition...
  • MI6MI6 Administrator
    Quoting AgentJamesBond007: I give up in this competition...
    That's not the spirit! ;-)
    Quoting MI6: That's not the spirit! ;)
    i concur.... everybody has their own style, and i like to see what others come up with - this is fun :)
    Agent, yours and the others are great too. I'm really impressed. And, if it doesn't take away from the mystery, I'd like to know how some of these were built and from where the images come. I use images from a stock image site for which I pay. I then manipulate the images through InDesign and Photoshop.

I'd like to know what images are totally original and how they are done. Some of them are in credible.

edited April 2011 Posts: 2,630
    Quoting MI6: That's not the spirit! ;)
    It's still April Fools Day isnt it ;)... to tell you the truth, I'm currently working on a second one for this competition.