Your Bond watches

Comments

• imranbecksimranbecks Singapore
    edited May 2017 Posts: 972
    Uploaded a video of my Spectre Aqua Terra... Enjoy! >>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O6Zb5KzmVxk
    So photogenic...

34544739212_ed8cf787ee_c.jpg
    34587173232_637183c74b_c.jpg
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    Superb photos @imranbecks. Especially that last one. Love the video too (great choice of track).
  • LeonardPineLeonardPine The Bar on the Beach
    Birthday present from the Wife....

[IMG_20170526_183135.jpg
    Beautiful @LeonardPine. In fact, it's perfection. Your wife has good taste. My compliments.
    bondjames wrote: »
    Beautiful @LeonardPine. In fact, it's perfection. Your wife has good taste. My compliments.

Thanks! I'll tell her :)

• dominicgreenedominicgreene The Eternal QOS Defender
    edited May 2017 Posts: 1,756
    A bit of a dream come true for me, owning Bond's watch at last.
    I was sort of put off buying this but I finally did it and I absolutely love it. This is the watch that got me into watches, and I feels really cool to have on, I'm technically an adult but I admit I ran around pretending the helium escape valve was a detonator.

This is the midsize version, my wrists are quite slender and I like smaller watches, I really like the proportions as I think the full-size would be too much. In terms of attention to detail, this is a really solid watch. The caseback, bracelet, dial, are all top notch and feel high quality and it didn't cost me a fortune at all.

I tend to flip watches like James Bond flips women but I really think this could be a keeper.

9KvOOen.jpg
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    @LeonrdPine and @dominicgreene congrats to you both on your new pieces. Wear in good health.
    edited May 2017 Posts: 23,883
    Great shot and a great watch @dominicgreene. That was one of my first high end watches (I had the midsize quartz as well) and it was the one I owned the longest. Before that I had the earlier non-Bond model (which I think you used to have as well).

I think the midsize proportions suit the Bond mode better. Enjoy!

[[img][/img]

Wow! I can only dream of owning a ceramic Sub... What a wife! Congrats and wear it well!
    imranbecks wrote: »

[[img][/img]

Wow! I can only dream of owning a ceramic Sub... What a wife! Congrats and wear it well!

I certainly will! :)
    doubleoego wrote: »
    Lovely and then Omega went to ruin it with their new horrible redesign with their crappy horizontal limes.

Spoken for truth. Hate the new aesthetic.
    Would one of you gents clarify a term for me? PCL/BCL? Polished/brushed?
    JET007 wrote: »
    Would one of you gents clarify a term for me? PCL/BCL? Polished/brushed?
    Yes, that's it. Polished centre links (as in the new Aqua Terra's) vs. Brushed centre links (as on the older non-master co-axial ones, like the one Bond wore in SF).
    Thanks for clarifying @bondjames!
    My pleasure @JET007. I'm personally a fan of brushed centre links myself, but the polished looks seem to be more contemporary, to differentiate the sporty lines (like the Planet Ocean/Submariner) from the more dressy ones (Aqua Terra/Datejust).

I looked at the current Datejust line a few months back and really liked them, but they all have PCLs unfortunately. The older ones were brushed.
    Thanks @doubleoego and @bondjames

Just curious bondjames how come you sold yours? What do you currently wear?
    edited May 2017 Posts: 23,883
    @dominicgreene, I currently have a Submariner (non-ceramic) and a Railmaster 39mm. I've sold everything else and rotate between these two every other day.

I honestly loved the Seamaster Bond, but realized that I preferred something a little larger, especially when the big watch craze started. I also realized that ultimately I always wanted a Sub.
    I wasn't too fond of the PCL's of the Master Co-axial Aqua Terra at first, even thought of getting it brushed. But i ended up liking the look. It goes well with the polished bezel and also gives a more dressier look.

34671378522_fc2409b0d8_z.jpg
    I was sort of put off buying this but I finally did it and I absolutely love it. This is the watch that got me into watches, and I feels really cool to have on, I'm technically an adult but I admit I ran around pretending the helium escape valve was a detonator.

This is the midsize version, my wrists are quite slender and I like smaller watches, I really like the proportions as I think the full-size would be too much. In terms of attention to detail, this is a really solid watch. The caseback, bracelet, dial, are all top notch and feel high quality and it didn't cost me a fortune at all.

I tend to flip watches like James Bond flips women but I really think this could be a keeper.

[img][/img]

And congratulations to you sir on owning a classic! Looks good. Mine is the full size and that too was my first Omega watch. These models can be had in the preowned market at some good affordable prices now. You get a good quality and robust watch. I've done almost everything with mine and it still ticks as accurately as ever. The waves on the dial is missed by some on the current ceramic SMP.. Wear it well!

Mine says hi...

34724552521_9fd660ed28_z.jpg
    Watching Spectre.... That cool opening tracking shot in Mexico City... Then I spotted something familiar on his wrist..lol

34664575080_22b9d35823_c.jpg
    imranbecks wrote: »
    I wasn't too fond of the PCL's of the Master Co-axial Aqua Terra at first, even thought of getting it brushed. But i ended up liking the look. It goes well with the polished bezel and also gives a more dressier look.

34671378522_fc2409b0d8_z.jpg

[img][/img]

And congratulations to you sir on owning a classic! Looks good. Mine is the full size and that too was my first Omega watch. These models can be had in the preowned market at some good affordable prices now. You get a good quality and robust watch. I've done almost everything with mine and it still ticks as accurately as ever. The waves on the dial is missed by some on the current ceramic SMP.. Wear it well!

Mine says hi...

34724552521_9fd660ed28_z.jpg

Thank you sir! Indeed, I am still in love with my Omega.

That Skyfall aqua terra is really damn stunning, the case finishing and that dial is perfect. Hope to own it one day.

Wear it in good health.
    I can personally vouch for the quality of the construction of the Seamaster Diver 300M. It is the most robust timepiece I have ever owned. A brick. Sturdy and substantial.
    I can personally vouch for the quality of the construction of the Seamaster Diver 300M. It is the most robust timepiece I have ever owned. A brick. Sturdy and substantial.

The Spectre Seamaster correct?
    edited June 2017 Posts: 23,883

No, I am referring to the Diver 300M, also known as 'The Bond'. Brozza's watch, which put Omega back on the map. The one you and imranbecks have. That thing is a tank.

The Spectre watch is the Seamaster 300.

Omega's nomenclature is confusing.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Aka the SMP.

I believe Prince Billy Windsor still wears his, gifted to him by his mother.

No, I am referring to the Diver 300M, also known as 'The Bond'. Brozza's watch, which put Omega back on the map. The one you and imranbecks have. That thing is a tank.

Ah yes, I sometimes get confused, because there's the Seamaster 300 (Spectre) and the Seamaster Pro (Brozza watch). I personally haven't had to drag this watch through hell (yet), but I'm happy to hear it's very sturdy. Any stories of it's robustness? :D

How does your submariner compare? Would you say it's more of a brick than the SMP?

Also what do you think of the DC planet ocean?
    edited June 2017 Posts: 23,883
    doubleoego wrote: »
    Aka the SMP.

I believe Prince Billy Windsor still wears his, gifted to him by his mother.
    Yes, he does still wear it. I think it's the midsize as well. Joe Biden wears one as well.

Ah yes, I sometimes get confused, because there's the Seamaster 300 (Spectre) and the Seamaster Pro (Brozza watch). I personally haven't had to drag this watch through hell (yet), but I'm happy to hear it's very sturdy. Any stories of it's robustness? :D

How does your submariner compare? Would you say it's more of a brick than the SMP?

Also what do you think of the DC planet ocean?
    Well I had mine for nearly 10 years and wore it daily. when I finally sold it on it looked as good as new. The alternating polished/brushed bracelet hid scratches well. I accidentally dropped it once, and accidentally knocked it on door jambs a few times. No damage, although there was a tiny nick on the blue bezel (the weak spot).

The Sub is a much lighter watch due to the hollow bracelet links. Rolex uses a higher grade steel than most other manufacturers, and I find it resists scratches and holds up very well. It's a very sturdy piece too, but just lighter. Like the Seamaster Diver Pro, I can see it lasting for a long time with minimal visible wear. Probably the weak spot on these watches is the protruding date magnifier.

I can vouch for the DC QoS P.O. 2500 because I had one for a year or two. That is a tremendous watch as well. It's actually heavier than the SMP Diver and very substantial on the wrist. I can't comment on the glassback P.O. 8500 he wore in SF, but generally all P.Os are very strong and recommended watches, if you can tolerate the wrist weight. I found it a bit bothersome and so wore mine most of the time on a rubber strap (loved it).
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator

9KvOOen.jpg
    That's a beautiful piece, @dominicgreene. I've been thinking about saving up for one myself. One of my all time favorite watches.
    jake24 wrote: »

9KvOOen.jpg
    That's a beautiful piece, @dominicgreene. I've been thinking about saving up for one myself. One of my all time favorite watches.

Thank you @jake24. This is a perfect watch to start out with and keep with you for a long time. I definitely recommend :D