Bond Fan Posters

Comments

• 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    A minimalist poster for From Russia with Love, in the vein of my last poster for Thunderball:

AOQ9NM6.jpg
  • edited May 2017 Posts: 158
    Some very talented people here. Great stuff!

• ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    I like it.
  • edited May 2017 Posts: 2,005
    rdMrxcH.png

Excellent artwork, I love the combination of Moore's headshot with his original Gunbarrel pose

A minimalist poster for From Russia with Love, in the vein of my last poster for Thunderball:

AOQ9NM6.jpg

Amazing, an excellent tribute to my favorite Bond film, and all time favorite film.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    Stellar work on behalf of everyone.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    @007ClassicBondFan, cheers. You've got fine, fine taste.
  • stagstag In the thick of it!
    edited May 2017 Posts: 1,053
    @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7 I love those two posters. I wonder if I could have your permission to copy them (A4 size), so they can be framed and hung on my study wall?
    stag wrote: »
    @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7 I love those two posters. I wonder if I could have your permission to copy them (A4 size), so they can be framed and hung on my study wall?

@stag, by all means, go for it. It'd be an honor.

I'll have to do a minimalist poster for Dr. No next, to complete the Young trilogy.
    Great work on this thread @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7 do you use a graphic tablet for PC to create your posters?
    Great work on this thread @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7 do you use a graphic tablet for PC to create your posters?

@fire_and_ice, cheers.

I have a Wacom graphics tablet that I've used for my digital art in the past, but for these recent posters I've just used a regular mouse and keyboard. I'm a bit out of practice with the tablet, so that may be why I've yet to jump to it yet. I usually use the tablet for major projects where I need to digitally ink something, and use a stylus as I would a real ink pen. It gives me the freedom of movement and the ability to make dynamic lines with the pen pressure of the stylus in a way I wouldn't be able to with a mouse.

I've just stepped away from digital art to do more traditional pen and paper stuff in the past year or so, and have only just gotten back into the swing of the digital stuff again. Once you get lost in the clouds of current technology it's great to get back to your roots. There's something so satisfying about taking up a pen and sheet of paper and just sketching away without the need of a gadget or program. At this point I can jump to different styles easily, and often digitally ink and color drawings I pre-sketched in pencil, so I use both approaches on a lot of projects.
  • stagstag In the thick of it!
    stag wrote: »

@stag, by all means, go for it. It'd be an honor.

I'll have to do a minimalist poster for Dr. No next, to complete the Young trilogy.

Thanks. I think I'll be able to do them A3 size, they'll look great in thin black frames. I'll do the same with the Dr No poster!

@fire_and_ice, cheers.

I have a Wacom graphics tablet that I've used for my digital art in the past, but for these recent posters I've just used a regular mouse and keyboard. I'm a bit out of practice with the tablet, so that may be why I've yet to jump to it yet. I usually use the tablet for major projects where I need to digitally ink something, and use a stylus as I would a real ink pen. It gives me the freedom of movement and the ability to make dynamic lines with the pen pressure of the stylus in a way I wouldn't be able to with a mouse.

I've just stepped away from digital art to do more traditional pen and paper stuff in the past year or so, and have only just gotten back into the swing of the digital stuff again. Once you get lost in the clouds of current technology it's great to get back to your roots. There's something so satisfying about taking up a pen and sheet of paper and just sketching away without the need of a gadget or program. At this point I can jump to different styles easily, and often digitally ink and color drawings I pre-sketched in pencil, so I use both approaches on a lot of projects.

Interesting a few months back I got GIMP - GNU Image Manipulation Program still learning the basics, been looking online at drawing tablets thought it may make things easier drawing free hand. No sure which graphics tablet to get for my PC running Windows 10.
  • edited May 2017 Posts: 17,241
    Any Wacom tablet is a good choice. Have a 13-inch Wacom Cintiq (of the older type) myself, and that does the job great for illustration work. Might upgrade to a 20-something-inch tablet at some point for work purposes, but for now, the handy 13-inch is enough. Go for one of the more recent tablet releases if possible; do believe they are the closest you get to drawing on real paper.
    Any Wacom tablet is a good choice. Have a 13-inch Wacom Cintiq (of the older type) myself, and that does the job great for illustration work. Might upgrade to a 20-something-inch tablet at some point for work purposes, but for now, the handy 13-inch is enough. Go for one of the more recent tablet releases if possible; do believe they are the closest you get to drawing on real paper.

Cheers for that I don't mind spending a bit of money, I'll check what the recent Wacom tablets are like. Still getting my head round graphic design was thinking of doing a course to bring me up to speed.

Cheers for that I don't mind spending a bit of money, I'll check what the recent Wacom tablets are like. Still getting my head round graphic design was thinking of doing a course to bring me up to speed.

Ah, I see. I work as a graphic designer and illustrator, and a Wacom tablet can be a useful tool. Rarely use the tablet for graphic design purposes though, mostly illustration work. However, the tablet can be fun to use for those difficult masking tasks in Photoshop, for example.

Don't know too many alternatives, but I know people who use an iPad Pro, and suitable apps - if you want a multi-purpose alternative. To my knowledge, a good Wacom tablet and an iPad pro can end up costing just as much. Have yet to try the latter.
    That is interesting. Do you work freelance or for a company?

Ah, I see. I work as a graphic designer and illustrator, and a Wacom tablet can be a useful tool. Rarely use the tablet for graphic design purposes though, mostly illustration work. However, the tablet can be fun to use for those difficult masking tasks in Photoshop, for example.

Don't know too many alternatives, but I know people who use an iPad Pro, and suitable apps - if you want a multi-purpose alternative. To my knowledge, a good Wacom tablet and an iPad pro can end up costing just as much. Have yet to try the latter.

Makes me wonder if there are compatible apps on my Sony Xperia tablet, I looked on Amazon found a few Wacom tablets various price ranges though the size seemed to dictate the price. I saw a medium Wacom for around £80 though I am guessing based on your post it must be a basic model.
    @fire_and_ice An £80 Wacom tablet will be one of the more basic models, yes. Looked on Amazon right now, and the one closest to the one I have myself (only a more recent model) cost £649.70. But, I don't know how the cheaper models from Wacom are like these days. They are most likely much better than the few cheaper models I've tried. Depends on how you're going to use it, really - and how much. If it's just for fun, maybe a cheaper one can be just as good.

@Thunderfinger I work freelance right now, which has it's advantages. However, I do miss working for a company, and - as I might be on the move sometime this year, I hope to get back into that. :-)
    Best of luck to you.
    @fire_and_ice An £80 Wacom tablet will be one of the more basic models, yes. Looked on Amazon right now, and the one closest to the one I have myself (only a more recent model) cost £649.70. But, I don't know how the cheaper models from Wacom are like these days. They are most likely much better than the few cheaper models I've tried. Depends on how you're going to use it, really - and how much. If it's just for fun, maybe a cheaper one can be just as good.

@Thunderfinger I work freelance right now, which has it's advantages. However, I do miss working for a company, and - as I might be on the move sometime this year, I hope to get back into that. :-)

I'll probably get a mid price range tablet and see how I get on with it, graphic design is very much a interest at the moment I have a lot to learn. I studied Technical Drawing and Design and Realisation years ago, got some basic knowledge thanks for your advice.
    @Thunderfinger Thank you! :-)

@fire_and_ice That can be a good idea. The 13-inch Wacom I have can bee seen as a mid range tablet, if you count those big 21-24 inch models. What I like with the 13 inch Wacom is that you draw directly on a screen, not on a tablet looking at a separate screen, as some other models do. Looking at Wacom's website now, I see that they separate their product range in the "pen tablet"-category, "pen display"-category and the "pen computer"-category. Outside the price range, this is probably the most important thing to look at.

What subjects did Technical Drawing and Design cover? Product design, architecture, or engineering?
  • edited May 2017 Posts: 6,432

@fire_and_ice That can be a good idea. The 13-inch Wacom I have can bee seen as a mid range tablet, if you count those big 21-24 inch models. What I like with the 13 inch Wacom is that you draw directly on a screen, not on a tablet looking at a separate screen, as some other models do. Looking at Wacom's website now, I see that they separate their product range in the "pen tablet"-category, "pen display"-category and the "pen computer"-category. Outside the price range, this is probably the most important thing to look at.

What subjects did Technical Drawing and Design cover? Product design, architecture, or engineering?

Project design and development of design and fundamentals in tech drawing it was only O level, I noticed some tablets are locked to the stylus. I think a 13 inch will suit me to start with my laptop is 15.6 inch though I connect my PC to my 4K TV if the tablet directly matches my screen sounds good.
    mtm wrote: »
    As everyone likes painted ones, I thought I'd paint one!

AHopeInHell_markmurphy_L_zps37ev3mgy.jpg

MAG-NI-FI-QUEEE!

Project design and development of design and fundamentals in tech drawing it was only O level, I noticed some tablets are locked to the stylus. I think a 13 inch will suit me to start with my laptop is 15.6 inch though I connect my PC to my 4K TV if the tablet directly matches my screen sounds good.

Technical drawing is an interesting subject!
    I use my own tablet connected to a Macbook Pro, which works just fine. The cables can be a bit irritating though, but wouldn't be surprised if the 13-inch available on their website have better cables.

I use my own tablet connected to a Macbook Pro, which works just fine. The cables can be a bit irritating though, but wouldn't be surprised if the 13-inch available on their website have better cables.

I am suprised it won't work with WiFi or bluetooth as apposed to cables, though perhaps not using cables takes a fraction of accuracy away?

I am suprised it won't work with WiFi or bluetooth as apposed to cables, though perhaps not using cables takes a fraction of accuracy away?

Perhaps, don't know the reason, really. Especially with those new models. For the old ones I can understand that might not be possible.
    rdMrxcH.png

Perfect!
    I felt inspired by some of the stellar work above and thought I'd try my hand at it.

Here's a random Sean Connery as James Bond poster.

TIp7Bp2.png
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Excellent!
    Thank you! :D