The NHL Thread

Comments

• Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    edited May 2017 Posts: 40,372
    Pens had no chance last night with that awful win. They play anything like they did last night, or how the Ducks played in game six against the Oilers, and they're out. Hope it's not the case, so I can avoid the cocky Caps fans until next season.
  • Last_Rat_StandingLast_Rat_Standing Long Neck Ice Cold Beer Never Broke My Heart
    edited May 2017 Posts: 4,382
    Ducks will lose game 7. It's in their nature as seen the last 5 seasons. Game 7s do mean more league revenue so I'm not surprised to see both the ducks and pens series to go 7. Especially since no round 1 games went to 7. I see the Rangers winning tonight to force another game 7 in Ottawa
    Man we would be spoiled to have 3 Game 7s this round. Would be cool though. Pens-Caps Game 7 is going to be great I think.
  • Last_Rat_StandingLast_Rat_Standing Long Neck Ice Cold Beer Never Broke My Heart
    As much as I want pens caps game 7 to be great, I see it being a blowout in one way or another
  • TheSharkFromJawsTheSharkFromJaws Amity Island Waters
    Pittsburgh will win Game 7. You heard it here first.

Washington tends to choke in game 7s
    I'm worried, but I still have faith in the Penguins.

Should be a good game though. It's an aggressive, angry team that's firing on all cylinders vs an experienced and calm team that knows how to overcome adversity. Unstoppable force vs Immovable object? I can't see the game being a blowout, but if it is, I'm willing to bet it's gonna be the Pens that do the dominating.

I'll throw a prediction in here: 4-3 Penguins in a back and forth game.

Nervously yet anxiously awaiting Game 7 tomorrow.
    Last night would've been a horrid blowout if the Pens didn't decide to start scoring when it was too late. I just hate when a team is a game away from moving on and they can't do it. They get too comfortable and don't play 100% for the full 60 minutes. Still bitter at that loss, so they better win it tomorrow!

I'm bummed now because I got mixed up and thought the Oilers/Ducks were playing at 7:30, but it's the Senators/Rangers game. Oh well, I'll watch it in hopes of the Rangers finally being eliminated.
    10:00 tomorrow for oilers ducks. Too late

I was even more bummed out when I realized that. I'd miss the first half hour of it due to the Pens game, and I might try and watch the first and second period, but I don't know. Those games last too late for me.
    Creasy47 wrote: »

I was even more bummed out when I realized that. I'd miss the first half hour of it due to the Pens game, and I might try and watch the first and second period, but I don't know. Those games last too late for me.

Winner will host Nashville regardless which means at 9 p.m. start time for that whole series
    Creasy47 wrote: »

Winner will host Nashville regardless which means at 9 p.m. start time for that whole series

Which is even better, because no matter who goes on to face Nashville, that'll be a series I have to watch. I can handle the game ending around midnight, better than 1:30-2:00 A.M. Hell, that double overtime Ducks win they had with game five, I believe, didn't end until 3:00 A.M. or so.
    Congratulations to the Senators for moving on!
    I dont pull for Canadian teams but I dont mind Ottawa and I despise the Rangers so I'm glad.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    @Last_Rat_Standing : I hope you're right. Pens look physically drained. Crosby's not a hundred percent. Top D is gone. Fleury has started to look shaky...
  • Seven_Point_Six_FiveSeven_Point_Six_Five Southern California
    So its do-or-die night for my Ducks, and I'm not gonna lie, that game 6 has me a bit worried about their chances tonight.
    Caps throwing everything at the Pens and coming up short. Been very exciting. Great job by Fleury thus far.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    Wow, two great hockey series-- well done to the Ducks, but I think this is a preview of what the oilers will bring over the next few seasons.

And love to see the Pens, banged up and all, come through-- thanks to the Flower!
    I'm now torn in who I'm pulling for out of the West. Anaheim is my second team but I've really like what I've seen from Nashville. I typically pull for teams that have never been and especially a southern non traditional market
    I'm glad 3/4 of the teams left haven't been to the Cup in a while (or ever). Nice to shake things up.
    10 years since Anaheim won.
    Nashville never won, never been for that matter.
    Ottawa, 1 finals trip 10 years ago losing to Anaheim.

Crazy if we got the same matchup 10 years later but afraid ratings won't be good with any potential matchup.
    The Pens will probably repeat anyway haha
    Probably. Nashville has a better chance against them because of Pekka Rinne. I dont like Anaheims chances because Gibson is too inconsistent
    I agree. Nashville-Pittsburgh would be a good finale.
  • edited May 2017 Posts: 928
    Well, all my favoured teams are out now! Luckily, the World Championship is just heating up.
    Preds are outplaying the Ducks in this game but all it has taken so far is Gibson being on fire and a lucky shot for the latter to be up. Definitely a great series so far.
    Smashville is making some noise. Great atmosphere there.
    Happy to see Ottawa is performing well so far. I want them to win the Cup most.
    Pens-Preds final. Should be interesting
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    On paper, the Predators should've won 4-0 or 5-1 last night, but the Pens thankfully somehow found a way. Hopefully they work on their offensive play a bit more before game two, because you aren't winning too many games with 0 SOG's in over 35 minutes of play.
    That wasn't offsides