Bondcollectibles

in Merchandise Posts: 1,637
http://www.bondcollectibles.de/catalogue/products.php?product=7307

I thought Dalton refused to sign Bond stuff these days ??

Comments

• Alex Brauchle of Bond Collectibles has what can only be called a LARGE collection, old and new!
    Is that really true about Dalton? Does anybody have any experience here about meeting him and asking him to sign something Bond related?
    For many yrs now he has refused to sign 007 stuff , yes.
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    I believe Sir Roger has stopped signing now too as signed items were immediately ending up on eBay.
    Ruins it for the genuine fans!
    RogueAgent wrote: »

Indeed! I was lucky enough to get a lovely signed pic from Sir Roger by post in April 2002 and I treasure it.
  • edited May 2017 Posts: 3,333
    Me also, @Dragonpol. I sent off a letter to Roger around the time of TSWLM and got a signed photo just before the release of MR. I'd actually forgotten I'd sent it, as it took years to get the reply. The only other actor to bother doing this at the time was Harrison Ford. He sent me a signed photo as Hans Solo with the Empire Strikes Back logo beneath it. I still cherish both of these.

On the subject of Dalton, even though I bumped into him at the TLD premier, it was my girlfriend who managed to secure his autograph under completely different circumstances - at an airport!
    Dragonpol wrote: »

Indeed! I was lucky enough to get a lovely signed pic from Sir Roger by post in April 2002 and I treasure it.

Was hoping for a signing opportunity at one of his "Evenings with!" but sadly that was a no no on both occasions.

Was hoping for a signing opportunity at one of his "Evenings with!" but sadly that was a no no on both occasions.

Did he sign for some people or not at all?

The event I attended he was whisked away immediately. Their was no hanging about.

The event I attended he was whisked away immediately. Their was no hanging about.

His signing policy must have definitely changed then?

I would say so. What bugged me was the amount of dealers there with stupid amounts of stuff they expected signing, which again spoils it for genuine fans, that would have treasured a moment and a few words with the great man himself.

I would say so. What bugged me was the amount of dealers there with stupid amounts of stuff they expected signing, which again spoils it for genuine fans, that would have treasured a moment and a few words with the great man himself.

That type of cynical exploitation of autographs by dealers is highly likely to be another reason why Sir Roger no longer signs. Had not thought of that one, actually.
  • LeonardPineLeonardPine The Bar on the Beach
    Would never buy an autograph on Ebay. Its just not the same as getting it personally.

I would never sell the autographs I have!

When Sir Rog was visiting Truro, I popped down to the theatre during my lunch break to drop down the one book of his I didn't already have signed, ready for when he arrived in the evening. He was kind enough to sign and personalise it. Definitely no sign of him hanging out afterwards though.
    John Glen signed his book for me when I saw him.
    tanaka123 wrote: »
    John Glen signed his book for me when I saw him.

Not had the opportunity to meet him yet, but from what I have heard, he is a really nice guy to meet.
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Roger-Moore-signed-8x10-James-Bond-photo-007-inscription-in-Person-/172692880651?hash=item28354c3d0b:g:IdkAAOSwX9FZJZO2

I notice that forgers often get the "R" in Roger wrong , this looks suspicious , not to mention "007" , which he usually never added.
    They suspect that the Augers and Greens that comes thru the Artmedia , France addy , are fakes.

The Greens certainly differ from her in person sig.
    www.youtube.com/watch%3Fv%3DEqKLPZkESSM&ved=0ahUKEwiFraG54fLaAhWJXCwKHYlPAh4Qo7QBCC0wAw&usg=AOvVaw1h3ppmuiTOCpIOVR-3lazb

Legit ?
  • edited May 2018 Posts: 1,637

Legit ?
    The problem is collectors know Connery or Moores autographs , the obscure ones not so much.......