What song could be a great Bond Theme?

Comments

I agree with the above Land of thousand words would of ben an excellent choice
    Erm.. mayble Lana Del Ray SHOULDN'T do a Bond theme...

• First post. Always thought that Arcadia's "Goodbye Is Forever" would have been a really great Bond theme...as well as a Bond title. Could have been perfect between AVTAK and TLD as Dalton's introduction to the series.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    edited February 2012 Posts: 13,350
    JWESTBROOK wrote:
    Erm.. mayble Lana Del Ray SHOULDN'T do a Bond theme...

Please no! I agree, she should stay away from Bond music, not a fan at all! So wrong for Bond.
  • edited February 2012 Posts: 366
    Stripped - Depeche Mode

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/D72fzwqtn9s"; frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Such a shame no Bond films got made when Mode was at the top of their game.
  • something by The Pierces! their classy, beautiful and extremely talented... their like two Bond girls!
  • edited February 2012 Posts: 366
    Stripped - Depeche Mode

• talos7talos7 New Orleans
    Duran Duran's Vertigo ( Do the Demolition)

• Kananga wrote:
    Stripped - Depeche Mode

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/D72fzwqtn9s"; frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Sorry I just got notice of this

Depeche Mode started out in about 1981 and to the best of my knowledge are still active, were probably at their height between 1984-90 and had some significant chart success, they could feasibly have done the theme to maybe A View To A Kill or Daylights but License to Kill would seem inappropriate for a synth-pop group, trouble is nobody bothered to get in touch maybe, it just might have worked. Lead singer Dave Gahan has had a few personal issues over the years that may have worked against them in order to get a Bond effort done but it still could have been plausibly completed

Also check out a band called Echo and The Bunnymen, no longer active as I understand, but for a new Bond theme idea they had some classic tunes such as 'The Killing Moon' that I thought would fit in nicely with a Bond picture, sounded more Craig tenure than anyone else, it did sound kind of appropriate actually
  • As a huge Bond and Alice Cooper follower since I was a young lad, I always loved the Coop's version of "Man With the Golden Gun" - which the band recorded and hoped would be chosen by the Bond producers once they heard TMWTGG was going to be the next Bond film. I like the Lulu official song, but I think Alice's song could have been reworked a bit and served the movie well. If you've never heard it, check it out:

• 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    OK this just popped into my head: "Gimme Shelter" by the Stones.
    Personally, I'd love it. Great moods in that song, masterful guitar; even just parts of it could throb throughout the film at the right moments ... hmmm . Just my opinion. Won't happen, but I'd like it.
  • WillardWhyteWillardWhyte Midnight Society #ProjectMoon

This would be great
    DrGoldfoot wrote:
    As a huge Bond and Alice Cooper follower since I was a young lad, I always loved the Coop's version of "Man With the Golden Gun" - which the band recorded and hoped would be chosen by the Bond producers once they heard TMWTGG was going to be the next Bond film. I like the Lulu official song, but I think Alice's song could have been reworked a bit and served the movie well. If you've never heard it, check it out:

Thats the first time i have heard the song! Classic! I remember seeing Cooper in an interview saying that they written the song as if it was designed for a car chase! Certainly does that apart from the spooky section of the song. Thanks for posting on here though!
  • edited February 2012 Posts: 3
    Actually, it wasn't the Alice Cooper band's first Bondian moment. Their 1973 album, Billion Dollar Babies, featured the track "Unfinished Sweet" (below) that incorporated elements of the Bond theme in the instrumental section around 1:35 into it. The track is about a nightmarish trip to a sadistic dentist...typical Cooper "black" comedy.

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/70ai7plMEac?version=3&feature=player_detailpage"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/70ai7plMEac?version=3&feature=player_detailpage"; type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="360"></object>
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    I still think No Good About Goodbye is an excellent Bond song.

• MartinBondMartinBond Trying not to muck it up again
    A good one for On Her Majesty's Secret Service. Thé greatest musician ever joins the greatest action hero ever. I present you:

It blew my mind away. It definately has that "Bond-mood" around it, and don't get me started on Elvis' voice...
    @DarthDimi well that was one of the best Bond songs I've heard in awhile, since the 80's! Damn shame.
  • edited February 2012 Posts: 3,333
    I always thought this little known track by Raissa sounded quite Bond-ish, though might be a little too pop for some of you hard rocker types here...
  • I could sit in theaters for Skyfall intro and find this plausible and fitting enough, I always thought it quite appropriate, something like this would be ideal, they were a good band back in the 80s

Hey, I got one more. I also agree with Kananga about Depeche Mode being a missed opportunity. This track called Surrender would also suit an into, though it would need to be edited down to fit the titles....
    Reaction to Action or Urgent, both by Foreigner, would be nice.
    Perhaps a new guitar theme...
    Just for fun. There's a norwegian mockumentary about a ficticious boy band whose ultimate goal is to do a bond theme and in the end they do it. The vocals are a courtesy of Morten Harket.

• edited March 2012 Posts: 268
    This one (for more impact)

or this one (for more feeling)

would be my picks if I was the exec. considering both of these already sound like Bond-theme songs :D
  • SandySandy Somewhere in Europe
    obin_gam wrote:
    This one (for more impact)

or this one (for more feeling)

would be my picks if I was the exec. considering both of these already sound like Bond-theme songs :D

Goldfrapp was for many years on my personal list for Bond-song but I think their momentum is gone, unfortunatly. Haven't been hearing much from them lately.
  • edited June 2012 Posts: 11
    The Evil Eye - by Caroline Henderson

Great song & voice for a Bond opening!
    It even has the little section at the end of that transitions to the Bond films.
    Lyrics has a reference to Agent Provocateur! ;)

• 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    I get such a Bond feeling from this, and it is by the best entertainer to ever live:
  • DrGoldfoot wrote:
    Actually, it wasn't the Alice Cooper band's first Bondian moment. Their 1973 album, Billion Dollar Babies, featured the track "Unfinished Sweet" (below) that incorporated elements of the Bond theme in the instrumental section around 1:35 into it. The track is about a nightmarish trip to a sadistic dentist...typical Cooper "black" comedy.

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/70ai7plMEac?version=3&feature=player_detailpage"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/70ai7plMEac?version=3&feature=player_detailpage"; type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="360"></object>

So true. I loved Alice since I was a kid and loved even more his little tributes to Bond. I'd have to guess he is a fan himself. Got to meet his daughter a few years back when she was engaged to a young musician with local Philly ties, I've known the kid's mother and late stepfather for forever.

• edited June 2012 Posts: 371
    Michael Schenker - Before The Devil Knows You're Dead, would of been a great title for a movie, and surely he was thinking 'Bond Theme!' when he wrote it??