Tom Felton Wants James Bond Role

Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
edited March 2011 in News Posts: 13,350
Tom Felton wants to play a James Bond villain.

The 23-year-old actor - who is best known as Draco Malfoy in the 'Harry Potter' movie series alongside Daniel Radcliffe and Emma Watson - wanted to get into films because of movies about the British spy, but would now happily play an evil character instead of the leading role.

Speaking at the Jameson Empire Film Awards at London's Grosvenor House Hotel last night, Tom exclusively told BANG Showbiz: "Anything that challenges me and anything that is well written would be a dream come true. I love Bond. That was the reason I got into acting.

"As a seven-year-old child I said, 'I want to be James Bond.' Now I'm side-stepping that desire and I think I'd like to be a James Bond baddie. That's what I'm pushing for in the next decade."

The blond star has now finished shooting on the 'Harry Potter' franchise and he admits he is looking forward to some projects in the future, including 'Planet of the Apes' prequel 'Rise of the Apes'.

He revealed: "There's so much to look forward to. We've kind of been in our own little bubble for the last 11 years and then suddenly you get to go to America and see all these different places and see what's happening.

"I've got 'Rise of the Apes' coming out in August. I was very nervous because I was expecting this big American Hollywood set. You hear these stories. Very luckily the director Rupert Wyatt was a charming British gentleman.

"My character is quite dark, he's not the most pleasant of characters. I'm more than happy to play a villain for the whole of my career."

http://www.contactmusic.com/news.nsf/story/tom-felton-wants-james-bond-role_1209830

This news is a couple of days old now but I thought I'd post it none the less.

It's nice to see he knows it'll be a decade until he gets a role. I wouldn't mind if it was longer though.

Comments

definitely i can not imagine him as Bond,and definitely not now,but who doesnt want to be Bond?
  • edited March 2011 Posts: 1,497
    I don't see him as a convincing Bond villain, no, but he could be a good side ally like Campbell from OHMSS
  • LudsLuds MIA
    Is he kidding? He looks like a 13 year old! If he were in Bond, it would be for the Villain's high school son.
  • edited March 2011 Posts: 638
    Quoting Luds: If he were in Bond, it would be for the Villain's high school son.
    SCOTT!!!!

• edited March 2011 Posts: 110
    Yeah. I think I see it.
  • AgentJamesBond007AgentJamesBond007 Vesper’s grave
    Not a chance. He doesn't have the looks, the acting ability, or the accent to be Bond.
  • LudsLuds MIA
    Quoting jaguar007: SCOTT!!!!
    Exactly. No teenagers please.
    If they ever do a Laurel and Hardy bio-pic, he's a natural to play Stan
    I had him picked out years ago. He's soooo perfect for a real IF Bond. I'd cast him in a second!
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    Maybe in ten years? He looks like he's hardly a day over 18. Can't see him fit any role in a Bond flick TBH...
  • GoldenGunGoldenGun Per ora e per il momento che verrà
    Maybe as Nick Nack's brother... :D
    Well, they could always turn back the clock & start with the "early days". This scenario may be inevitable, despite some fan objections. But TF in 5-7 years, also good. He just fits my imaginary Bond perfectly...

http://www.examiner.com/images/blog/wysiwyg/image/feltpics_2.jpg
    http://www.hunkymalestars.com/416/Sexy-Images/Pic_0.jpg
    http://www.puertoricantwilighters.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/draco-malfoy-3.jpg
    Firstly everyone please note Felton said he wanted to play Bond when he was seven. Haven't any of you ever expressed a desire to play a famous role or something? He was seven ... don't take as that is what he wants to do now. Besides in that article he noted wants to be a villian and give him a few years (or a decade or so) and he can probably do that convincingly.

I don't think its fair to completely base all his acting on the Potter series either but he hasn't done poorly as Malfoy. He's done a convincing job in the role.

Let Felton grow up before you say "NNNOOOOOO!" and see how he branches out.
  • j7wildj7wild Suspended
    I can relate to Felton. I've been wanting to play Hugh Hefner since I was 10!

:-D :-))