Realistic & Serious Story Ideas for Bond 25 (...to be used by EON Productions Ltd.??)

Comments

• CigaretteLeiterCigaretteLeiter United States
    Other than the villain's name in DAD and M being kidnapped in TWINE, what parts of Colonel Sun have been used?
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Other than the villain's name in DAD and M being kidnapped in TWINE, what parts of Colonel Sun have been used?
    Much of the dialogue from the SPECTRE torture sequence is lifted straight from the book.
  • JamesBondKenyaJamesBondKenya Danny Boyle laughs to himself
    Didn't someone in colonel sun also get their eyes gauged out
    Here is my plot while I know many will dislike it I think I figured out how to add action to the top half of the film keep the focus on bond and allow for the status quo (swann and Potentially Blofeld dead bond as 007 again etc) to be put back at the end of the film.

Here we go

Currently I am using the title The Property of a Lady because I like it but honestly I am not in love with the title Garden of Death could work as well

PTS

It's dark in bond's (either Craig Fassbender or Hardy) house in Jamaica after a night of making love to Madeline Swann We see 10 or so swat team esque people coming sneaking into the house Bond's 6th sense alerts him to the danger and he stealth fully takes out all of them but one and see swann brutally murdered, Bond awakes from the nightmare realizing it was just a dream and our credits role

title sequence if it's Craig give the song to Muse or the remnents of rush or yes I want a rock theme and I want it to be as heart pounding as You Know My Name If its Hardy or Fassbender screw it I want a rock theme!

Bond is back in London Meeting with Fidel Barbery (personally I would love to see Hugh Grant in this role just because I picture Barbery to be the exact opposite of M complete fan boy over 007 and almost wanting his autograph) head of diplomatic relations (bond's new job) he is told by Fidel that he is needed to run security at a health summit in Japan (which swann is going to as well.) He says Bond (now codenamed 7777 under Barbery's insistence) will meet with the head of Japanese Secret Service Tiger Tanaka (really I want Daniel Kim from Lost and Hawaii 5-0 in this role or if it has to be someone else maybe Ken Wantanabe) and work with him to make sure the summit goes smoothly

Bond in the hall way runs into Tanner who informs him the new 007 Gala Brand will also be going to this event due to the amount of threats lobbied against this. Bond and Brand meet at an interactive shooting range and we get to see them complete a training course together (action sequence number 2 for those keeping score at home) Bond is impressed by Gala (who basically if there is a british actress who is Caity Lotz but british that is what I want youthful blonde yet with eyes who have seen the world)

We cut to Blofeld faking his death and being taken Back to spectre head quarters in Cyprus (which is rumored to be used in the film as of this current date) It is here we meet Irma Bunt Bond's lover who is also a well respected dr and attending the same conference (I am sure someone will rip this apart and call it Quantum of Convience but meh name me one bond film that didn't have this) their plan is to infect memebers of the council with a disease set up in the Garden of Death.

There are 2 attempts on swan's life one not successful ( ski chase) and one that is we end up in Blofeld castle in Cyprus with Bond and Blofeld having an intense sword fight as the castle blows up around them.
  • QuantumOrganizationQuantumOrganization We have people everywhere
    Risico007 wrote: »
    Here is my plot while I know many will dislike it I think I figured out how to add action to the top half of the film keep the focus on bond and allow for the status quo (swann and Potentially Blofeld dead bond as 007 again etc) to be put back at the end of the film.

Here we go

Currently I am using the title The Property of a Lady because I like it but honestly I am not in love with the title Garden of Death could work as well

PTS

It's dark in bond's (either Craig Fassbender or Hardy) house in Jamaica after a night of making love to Madeline Swann We see 10 or so swat team esque people coming sneaking into the house Bond's 6th sense alerts him to the danger and he stealth fully takes out all of them but one and see swann brutally murdered, Bond awakes from the nightmare realizing it was just a dream and our credits role

title sequence if it's Craig give the song to Muse or the remnents of rush or yes I want a rock theme and I want it to be as heart pounding as You Know My Name If its Hardy or Fassbender screw it I want a rock theme!

Bond is back in London Meeting with Fidel Barbery (personally I would love to see Hugh Grant in this role just because I picture Barbery to be the exact opposite of M complete fan boy over 007 and almost wanting his autograph) head of diplomatic relations (bond's new job) he is told by Fidel that he is needed to run security at a health summit in Japan (which swann is going to as well.) He says Bond (now codenamed 7777 under Barbery's insistence) will meet with the head of Japanese Secret Service Tiger Tanaka (really I want Daniel Kim from Lost and Hawaii 5-0 in this role or if it has to be someone else maybe Ken Wantanabe) and work with him to make sure the summit goes smoothly

Bond in the hall way runs into Tanner who informs him the new 007 Gala Brand will also be going to this event due to the amount of threats lobbied against this. Bond and Brand meet at an interactive shooting range and we get to see them complete a training course together (action sequence number 2 for those keeping score at home) Bond is impressed by Gala (who basically if there is a british actress who is Caity Lotz but british that is what I want youthful blonde yet with eyes who have seen the world)

We cut to Blofeld faking his death and being taken Back to spectre head quarters in Cyprus (which is rumored to be used in the film as of this current date) It is here we meet Irma Bunt Bond's lover who is also a well respected dr and attending the same conference (I am sure someone will rip this apart and call it Quantum of Convience but meh name me one bond film that didn't have this) their plan is to infect memebers of the council with a disease set up in the Garden of Death.

There are 2 attempts on swan's life one not successful ( ski chase) and one that is we end up in Blofeld castle in Cyprus with Bond and Blofeld having an intense sword fight as the castle blows up around them.
    No. Bond has to be 007. No ifs ands or buts.

cnn.com/videos/world/2017/04/21/putin-arctic-mega-military-base-todd-tsr-dnt.cnn

Wouldn't this be a cool concept for the new Piz Gloria/snow base for the next film?
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    I really think its time that a Bond film was made out of the situation in the Middle East. The idea of Bond getting caught up in some kind of proxy war is interesting to me. Bond would have to be wary of territories, etc. And have world powers breathing down his neck. There is a sense not of an evil supervillain looming, but a more realistic existential threat.

I'm amazed that Bond hasn't properly tackled this topic before now.
    I really think its time that a Bond film was made out of the situation in the Middle East. The idea of Bond getting caught up in some kind of proxy war is interesting to me. Bond would have to be wary of territories, etc. And have world powers breathing down his neck. There is a sense not of an evil supervillain looming, but a more realistic existential threat.

I'm amazed that Bond hasn't properly tackled this topic before now.
    A rare time I agree with you. They need to take a more realistic route as far as a threat goes in Bond 25.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    I've always assumed fans were getting sick of realistic and timely plots. The Craig film have all been focused on a very contemporary issue we've deal with in the new millennia, and some of them, like QoS, are disliked for painting such a real world scenario for audiences.

I think to some it doesn't feel like a Bond film if the plot is too "real." I've enjoyed the more grounded stories and how topical they are, but I know many have tired of it. I just think it's harder to do a truly ambitious plot with Bond at this point, with the kind of world we're in.
    I've always assumed fans were getting sick of realistic and timely plots. The Craig film have all been focused on a very contemporary issue we've deal with in the new millennia, and some of them, like QoS, are disliked for painting such a real world scenario for audiences.

I think to some it doesn't feel like a Bond film if the plot is too "real." I've enjoyed the more grounded stories and how topical they are, but I know many have tired of it. I just think it's harder to do a truly ambitious plot with Bond at this point, with the kind of world we're in.
    I just don't think an Austrian with daddy issues who's goal is to have cameras at every corner of the globe is very topical or "real world."

• 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"

I just don't think an Austrian with daddy issues who's goal is to have cameras at every corner of the globe is very topical or "real world."

The plot is essentially the danger of surveillance, and that's what I'm getting at. Blofeld as a villain has nothing to do with it, as that's the character, not the scheme. CR was terrorism, QoS was elite corruption and environmental conspiracy/the importance of resources, and SF and SP being about how technologically impedes and constricts the humans who are subjected to it, continuing that theme of modern concerns.

Obviously SPECTRE's power is very much a cinematic, glorified and over the top idea (we have people everywhere, etc), but it feels very grounded to me that an organization would be engineering it so that a program like Nine Eyes would be at their disposal to give them eyes all around the world to counter-act any plans to stop their operations, and for them to find anyone they needed silence. Ultimate surveillance is ultimate power, where you can't hide from the constant eyes of cameras unless you really go off the grid. If you do that, they still have satellite imagery and other tracking methods to get you.

As Blofeld says, "knowledge is power." If the rest of the world is blind and you're the one with the bifocals, they're at your mercy. SPECTRE and Blofeld in SP is simply a larger than life representation on a more Bondian scale of showing that fear drives people to ask for more surveillance, and more surveillance equals more power for others high up to use against us to shatter our privacy and take out undesirables with unlimited connections.

The fact that C was able to make Nine Eyes get approved because of a fear of terrorism he himself allowed Blofeld to create the atmosphere for (look at what happens to South Africa in the film), is scary and not too removed from where we're at. Since 9/11 our privacy has been shot to hell and everywhere we go we're treated as a potential threat that needs to be surveyed. The fear of terrorism people in SP bought into to C and Blofeld's pleasure and ultimate power through the surveillance apparatus they were able to sell because of that fear aren't far removed from our own world leaders and lawmakers, who put too much power into the hands of governments with things like the Patriot Act that treats citizens as guilty until proven innocent.

So, while the Bond films are always bigger than our own lives (they have to be), there is often a pure truth the schemes of the villains are centered around that feeds into our real world fears.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    The only thing that is unbelievable about the Nine Eyes plot is that MI6 is against it.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    The only thing that is unbelievable about the Nine Eyes plot is that MI6 is against it.
    Why though?

Nine Eyes is forming a one world government type of power which endangers the entity of nations...
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Why though?

Nine Eyes is forming a one world government type of power which endangers the entity of nations...

The only question is, who is at the top of that? MI6 thwarts Nine Eyes, then make it their own is a more likely outcome.
    Why though?

The only question is, who is at the top of that? MI6 thwarts Nine Eyes, then make it their own is a more likely outcome.
    That's very true, as every agency, cornerstone, department and other factions act like their own and often being in competition with each other. In the realistic image, MI-5 and MI-6, from what I've read and seen in pop culture, hate each other, so that would be a spot-on plot for MI-6 to want the Nine Eyes superiority for itself so it can overthrow other agencies and urge them to merge into its own.

However, if we want to remain in the Bond saga, that part of realistic MI-6 is not likely as they always have to be portrayed as the sensible heroes and never be antagonized. Otherwise, Bond might as well quit the agency and start working for an independent firm that parallels his ideology (which he has none from what I know) rather than staying in a corrupt government faction.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    edited April 2017 Posts: 5,834
    I just think do what they did with Skyfall, just stick with an original villain and a good story. Spectre is literally titled what the problem was, 'SPECTRE'. After Skyfall, they should've taken whatever formula they used to perfect that, instead of getting the rights to SPECTRE and being like right let's get a Spectre film out. I was disappointed to see that the things I liked about Skyfall weren't there; the sophisticated, the beauty of it :) Don't get me wrong, Spectre had some beautiful shots but not as much as Skyfall, which felt grander in scale. I'm kinda tempted to redo Bond 24 myself haha. Just for fun, see what I can achieve.
    Skyfall was an emotional soap opera with enforced melodrama. That's about all there is with it. The only thing I'd have loved to see return from Skyfall was the beautiful landscapes captured by Roger Deakins. I'd retain that, the soul of Quantum's storytelling and action, and the characteristics developed for Bond throughout Spectre, where I think he was best at during Craig's tenure.

Well, Mallory is against it. I don't think the majority of his government agrees, however, considering C was given his own building to lead and the room to present his idea that got him the merger opportunity he was well-backed for (he also went to college with a big whig in Brit politics, a huge advantage and connection). Mallory despised Nine Eyes because the public didn't know about it and wouldn't approve of it, and he realized the massive harm such a gigantic surveillance apparatus could do in the wrong hands. And guess what? He was right.
  • -Bond is trapped a mansion, SWAT team descents

they use heatsignature ray scanner "he's in the upstairs bathroom!

they SWAT bust in only to find, the bathtub filled with microwaved dinners and cuts of meat

HARD CUT to BOND is in the kitchen BLAM he bursts out the fridge "I'm checking out" and leaves the mansion

cue titles

Denial Craig is Ian Flaming's James Boned in

THE INCESSANT HELLFIRE
    edited May 2017 Posts: 15,423

THE INCESSANT HELLFIRE

Sooo... Craig has been publicly put to Denial as James Bond? Even in the credits? A little harsh. ;)
    -Bond is trapped a mansion, SWAT team descents

they use heatsignature ray scanner "he's in the upstairs bathroom!

they SWAT bust in only to find, the bathtub filled with microwaved dinners and cuts of meat

HARD CUT to BOND is in the kitchen BLAM he bursts out the fridge "I'm checking out" and leaves the mansion

cue titles

THE INCESSANT HELLFIRE

@CasparFleming, utterly compelling. I hope Bond had the chance to make himself a lunchtime sandwich before escaping the SWAT team!
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    Oh. I thought this was going to another old chestnut.
    ff-lethal-weapon-toilet1.jpg
  • then after the PTS he steals a milk truck

Denial Craig is Ian Flaming's Games Bond in

THE INCESSANT HELLFIRE
    Denial Feig as Igor Fridrich's Games Joint
    then after the PTS he steals a milk truck

Denial Craig is Ian Flaming's Games Bond in

THE INCESSANT HELLFIRE

As a lactose intolerant person, this idea fascinates me. You should really blow the budget out for the pre-title sequence, and have as many explosions and bullets firing as you can. This way, when Bond escapes in the milk truck he can turn to the camera and give a wink while saying, "They're really milking this pre-title, aren't they?"

[cue Bond theme]
  • no there is nothing in the PTS except Bond microwaving dinners and cuts of meat so he can put them in the bathtub and trick the SWAT teams heat radar

the climax is Bond bursting out the fridge and running out the mansion backdoor

the milk truck is later on in the moive

THE INCESSANT HELLFIRE
    no there is nothing in the PTS except Bond microwaving dinners and cuts of meat so he can put them in the bathtub and trick the SWAT teams heat radar

the climax is Bond bursting out the fridge and running out the mansion backdoor

the milk truck is later on in the moive

THE INCESSANT HELLFIRE

Can we make Bond wear a "Kiss the Cook" apron in the scene, so that in the next moment after the opening titles he is actually being kissed by a stacked blonde who is hungry for more than his food, giving the film a connectivity?

It's sort of a must with me, you see.
  • @double0brady0matic sure

THE INCESSANT HELLFIRE
    @double0brady0matic sure

THE INCESSANT HELLFIRE

My dreams are vindicated!
  • THE INCESSANT HELLFIRE