Favorite version of the Bond theme?

HASEROTHASEROT has returned like the tedious inevitability of an unloved season---
edited February 2012 in Music Posts: 4,399
what was or is your favorite version of the classic Bond theme?

- was it the traditional, and original version from Dr. No by John Barry?

- was it the funky George Martin rendition from Live and Let Die?

- perhaps it was the disco'd versions from Hamlisch or Conti?

- or maybe it was even the techno'd Moby version from Tomorrow Never Dies?

you have various soundtracks, and 22 films to choose from - so which "Bond theme" is your favorite?

Comments

I have a soft spot for the disco-y tune, gets me moving a bit.

But I love the traditional, always have.
  • EmilioEmilio Palmyra, Nassau
    OHMSS
  • tqbtqb
    I always liked Arnold's classic version of the bond theme that you hear bits and pieces of in TND. - e.g escaping the Newspaper factory.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    The original from Barry, followed by Arnold's Bond theme from the moment Bond shoots mr White in the leg.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    Barry's original will forever be the best in my opinion.
    -The LALD Bond theme
    -LTK while Bond drives through the flaming tanker wreck
    -TWINE ending credits
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    doubleoego wrote:
    The original from Barry, followed by Arnold's Bond theme from the moment Bond shoots mr White in the leg.

Ahh, My two choices as well.

I've always had a soft spot for OHMSS, first the gun barrel opening and then the PTS when M says to Q "wish we could get a location fix on 007!!" and bang drums roll and were into a smooth swinging arrangement of that oh so classic theme!!
    This never happened to the other fella!!!!!
    All John Barry's doing!!!
  • HASEROTHASEROT has returned like the tedious inevitability of an unloved season---
    my personal favorite would probably be the synth/orchestrated version from The Living Daylights - used during the PTS, and particularly in the snow chase, where it has a nice build up.
  • X3MSonicXX3MSonicX https://www.behance.net/gallery/86760163/Fa-Posteres-de-007-No-Time-To-Die
    My favourite version, Beyond the classic one, is the one that is on this trailer:

I still searching for that one for a download, but I don't find it. :/
  • brinkeguthriebrinkeguthrie Piz Gloria
    never saw that trailer before, too cool.
  • St_GeorgeSt_George Shuttling Drax's lovelies to the space doughnut - happy 40th, MR!
    The original. Obviously. It's just too cool for school - and always will be.

Probably second on my list would be OHMSS' synth effort, must admit. There's a cool eeriness to it, which works brilliantly after the emotional wallop and the recurrence of We Have All The Time In The World as an instrumental at the film's end. Sort of pulls you back and sends out the message that, for better or worse (for him), Bond will go on.

Love Martin's version for The 'Die too, though; so much fun... :)

My favorite versions of the Bond theme:
    The original version from DN
    Followed by the LALD version
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    The original DN version.

Nothing beats it.
    1) The OHMSS Bond Theme
    2) The Octopussy Jon Barry Theme
    3) The TWINE End Credits Bond Theme
    4) The DAF Bond Theme
    5) The Living Daylights Bond Theme
  • I was just listening to the track 'Bike Chase' from the TND soundtrack, it has Bond theme throughout, and IMO it sounds great!
  • X3MSonicX wrote:
    My favourite version, Beyond the classic one, is the one that is on this trailer:

I still searching for that one for a download, but I don't find it. :/
    PM'ed
  • X3MSonicXX3MSonicX https://www.behance.net/gallery/86760163/Fa-Posteres-de-007-No-Time-To-Die
    PM'ed

Thanks, but i've already found it :)
  • Lol okay, I guess that's what I get for surfing threads months after they were last replied to.

I haven't been on MI6 in a while.
  • I really liked the CR version at the end of the film.
  • WillardWhyteWillardWhyte Midnight Society #ProjectMoon
    I absolutely love James Bond with Bongos, in From Russia With Love. it's certainly a terrific piece.
    I liked the version from OHMSS
    i like the version from TND, although the "original" from CR is the best.
    OHMSS Bond theme and JB with Bongos FRWL are both simply devine, but mostly anything by Barry and zero by Arnold, Hamlisch or Conti.
  • You are all wrong. THIS is clearly the best version:
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    Best : TMWTGG
    Worst : CR end credits
    1) the original one
    2)LALD
    3) OHMSS
    4) CR
    5) the one in this fan made tribute I think it's fantastic.
    This is easy:the traditional, and original version from Dr. No by John Barry.
    I was waiting for that day when I could see Bond in DN on the Cinema screen having read a few Bond novels before then. John Barry added another dimension to the thrill.
  • HASEROTHASEROT has returned like the tedious inevitability of an unloved season---
    You are all wrong. THIS is clearly the best version:

shocked.. i rather enjoy it...lol... i could picture flying down the highway to this.... nice find.

• MurdockMurdock The minus world
    My favorite versions of the James Bond theme would be the Orchestrated versions used during the Roger Moore Era.