BOND 25 : YOU are MI6's Casting Director : Which characters/cast would YOU bring back ?

edited April 2017 in No Time To Die Posts: 19,339
This has been discussed but spread all over the forum ,rather than in a condensed,dedicated thread .

But,there have been so many characters over the years,why do we need to look at a character returning only from SP..is there any other character you would like to see return from the franchise,and played by who,and what would be their purpose and contribution to BOND 25 ?

So,from 007 downwards ,who would you bring back...would Craig return as Bond,or some new actor ?... Would Q or MP disappear altogether ? ...would Felix return but not played by Wright ?

And the enemy .....Blofeld return but not Waltz ,or Blofeld put on ice to make way for a stand-alone film ?

Hinx,Seydoux?

All of them ?....None of them ? a clean start ?

Remember this is ,as of now,only a 1 film deal,so we would need to bear this in mind...lets see your thoughts as 'MI6 forum's Casting Director :

Comments

• Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    Bring back Ben Whishaw, scrap the rest. Go for lesser known actors next time.
    bring back Jack Wade.
  • edited April 2017 Posts: 19,339
    The more I think about it the more I think Craig's tenure should end as they planned it,at the end of SP .
    It might be time to introduce a new Bond,time to wet the appetite of the public with a standalone adventure ,so ,my bit of casting at the moment is :

BOND ,OUT : CRAIG,story arc finished.
    BOND ,IN : FASSBENDER,HIDDLESTON,HARDY.

BLOFELD put into freeze,Waltz approached later or replaced.

M,Q,MP, IN : FIENNES,WISHAW,HARRIS (For continuity).

TANNER,OUT : KINNEAR, has never done anything worthwhile or had a personality since Kitchen.

• NSGWNSGW London
    edited April 2017 Posts: 299
    I'd bring them all back except Swann and Tanner. I liked her but each film should have its own main Bond girl. Tanner for the same reasons as @barryt007.

Then tone down the screen time for the MI6 crew and give Felix a bigger role.

After that for Bond 26, bring in Fassbender but retain the same supporting players for the long term.

In general though I also wouldn't mind seeing more lesser known actors in these roles.
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    edited April 2017 Posts: 4,416
    Besides Mi6 people include Tanner

Camile
    Felix
    Lucia (re-named)
    Clair Dowar (
    Madeline mother
    )
    Dominic Greene

Flashback:
    Vesper (Vesper Video)
    Mr White

Optional:
    Airplane guy Qos
    Beam
    Hinx
    Viliers return from CR. That Tobias Menzies been seen in the Night Manager not make it easier to let return. If so, him be only trater i accepted.
  • JamesBondKenyaJamesBondKenya Danny Boyle laughs to himself
    Dominic Greene is super dead tho
    GREGORY BEAM is always welcome back IMO....especially as Felix is now in his position.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Clair Dowar and Mr. White had a child? Yikes.
    I think we ought to have a new Bond, maybe Fassbender or Benedict Cumberbatch, but I think someone nobody is talking about might be best.

Fiennes and Harris ought to return. I could live with retiring the Q character, but do like Winshaw.

I'd bring back Waltz if he wants to come back. No on bringing in Hinx or Madeleine. Definitely no on people from older entries like Greene or Camille

I'd love to see Wright/Felix make a return appearance.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    I want both Harris and Wishaw back. Fiennes is good enough, but if they can find someone who can convincingly portray Messervy instead, I am all for replacing him.

It is also time to introduce Max the parrot in this timeline.
    I want both Harris and Wishaw back. Fiennes is good enough, but if they can find someone who can convincingly portray Messervy instead, I am all for replacing him.

It is also time to introduce Max the parrot in this timeline.

Maybe he could be Sylvia Trench's Parrot this time.
    Or maybe Mary Goodnight s pet bird, trained to spy on the villains and reveal their plans.
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    Helen Mirren as M's sister N

Noomi Rapace as Petra Moneypenny

Taron Egerton as Q

Mark Gatiss as Mycroft Tanner

Simon Pegg as James's long lost brother Gary Bond

Hugh Laurie as Minister Of Defense

Eddie Redmayne as 006

Dan Stevens as James Bond
  • echoecho 007 in New York
    Helen Mirren as M's sister N

Noomi Rapace as Petra Moneypenny

Taron Egerton as Q

Mark Gatiss as Mycroft Tanner

Simon Pegg as James's long lost brother Gary Bond

Hugh Laurie as Minister Of Defense

Eddie Redmayne as 006

Dan Stevens as James Bond

Why is it that Eddie Redmayne is the one I can't stand on that list?
  • dominicgreenedominicgreene The Eternal QOS Defender
    Director: Tarantino

Give him free rein. :D
    Mary goodnight
    Sylvia Trench
    Old school Film Bond - drinking, smoking, womanising. No mother issues. Ruthless. Witty. Feline grace and irresistible charm.
    Quarrel Jnr.
    tanaka123 wrote: »
    Quarrel Jnr.
    Getafix wrote: »
    Old school Film Bond - drinking, smoking, womanising. No mother issues. Ruthless. Witty. Feline grace and irresistible charm.

Perfect....that's exactly what we need back,and NOW.
    I would like the film to be shorter. Under 130 mins is the right length for a Bond film.
    Agree. Less than two hours even
  • edited June 2017 Posts: 170
    delete
    But hopefully a not so bloody incompetent Mary Goodnight , @Robertson ?
    Getafix wrote: »

You know, you might be onto something there. But that's probably too radical a concept.
    delete
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    Mathis' girlfriend Gemma returns. And she's pissed.
    donna.jpg
    delete
  • echoecho 007 in New York
    Irma Bunt.
    DannyTrejo-snapshot.jpg
    11094-20438.gif
    Mr Wint and Mr Kidd