Worst superhero moments of all time.

Comments

• ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    I have a vague recollection that Will Smith was up for Robin and Travolta the scarecrow, glad the Travolta one did not work out.

At one point, Michael J. Fox was up for Robin.
  • edited October 2014 Posts: 6,432
    The Green Hornet Seth Rogans acting and script. [-(
    I want to add Guardians of the Galaxy to this.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    I want to add Guardians of the Galaxy to this.

I'd agree, but that was probably one of the more forgettable movies I've ever seen. Couldn't recall anything noteworthy from it days after catching it in theaters.
    Exactly. It is like something you read in a dentist waiting room.
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    @Thunderfinger @Creasy47 are you guys talking a comic book, because you certainly couldn't mean the actual live action film, who is the best Marvel (or DC) film of this decade at least.
    edited April 2017 Posts: 40,372
    @Thunderfinger @Creasy47 are you guys talking a comic book, because you certainly couldn't mean the actual live action film, who is the best Marvel (or DC) film of this decade at least.

I definitely am speaking of the movie. It's not objective, it was highly forgettable to me. I struggled to recall anything more than a couple of key scenes mere days after I saw it. Won't make the same mistake with the second one.
    I won t see the second one, either.
    WOW I was already totally sucked into the movie by the second sequence, let alone that fantastic PTS if you will call it that.

I usually are not a Marvel fanboy that's for sure, as I am a DC fanatic but GOTG really turned things around for me. Civil War was another such enlightenment for me, especially after that dismal Bull v Shame experience.

Having said that, nothing will ever come between me and Batman 1989, 1992 and 1995 plus Batman Begins.
    I'd say this was around the time I started to get very burnt out on all the superhero fare, so GOTG was a bit of a nail in the coffin for me. Now I avoid most of it and am very selective with what I bother to check out, particularly after making the mistake of enduring the likes of BvS, Suicide Squad, and Civil War. I do think 'Logan' looks great, though the 'X-Men' series is one of the few that I've been intrigued by over the years.
    I love all of those films you mentioned, and am still sucked into most superhero films.

GOTG did nothing for me, though.
    Guardians of the Galaxy is OK though I do feel it's overrated.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Guardians was nice to look at but as others mentioned it is rather forgettable.
    suicide-squad-35-gif-transcend-ance-123wtf-watch-the-film-saint-pauly.gif?w=1200

So very very bad...
    Yeah Suicide Squad was probably the worst superhero movie since Man of Steel.
  • QsAssistantQsAssistant All those moments lost in time... like tears in rain
    Suicide Squad is extremely underrated while Guardians of the Galaxy is a bit overrated. I do love both though.
  • suavejmfsuavejmf Harrogate, North Yorkshire, England
    chrisisall wrote: »
    OHMSS69 wrote:
    Most of Tim Burtons decisions concerning the Batman franchise were crap following the first film Batman (1989)
    The first one is in my top ten superhero movies of all time.
    Batman Returns is a sublime art-house detour.

They both lack action. Batman hardly fights anybody! Burton failed in this regard.
    I'm tempted to say Catwoman. But somehow I enjoy watching it, it's so insanely bad that it's already a cult film again.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    I'm tempted to say Catwoman.
    That's the one I'd go for. Bloody awful.
  • Last_Rat_StandingLast_Rat_Standing Long Neck Ice Cold Beer Never Broke My Heart
    Batnips and Batbewbs..

Nuff said
  • We seem to be ignoring the Roger Corman Fantastic Four movie. Or does this one somehow not count? Really, realllllly bad. Not even "cult film" level bad.
    Still better than that Josh Trank Fan4istic.
  • I have to confess I didn't bother to see that one. The previews left me thinking, "That isn't even the Fantastic Four! Why should I waste my $10-12?"
    I didn't see it either. =))
    Just about every scene in Captain Marvel.
  • Just about every scene in Captain Marvel.

We shall agree to disagree. And how did you feel about Black Panther?
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!

Agree I did not like that film at all.

Forgot about this thread, had a good laugh reading some of the comments.

---

I will add the majority of Justice League to the list a patchwork of continuity era's.
  • It's hard to expect a long-running superhero franchise to toe the continuity line. Something that contains as many characters as JLA would have to be 5 hours long in order to satisfy all the continuity points. When the first X-Men movie came out, the astonishing thing to me was that they had touched on so much of the X-franchise's stifling continuity points and still managed to release an entertaining film. That said: most of DC's non-Bat movies haven't done a lot for me. Marvel's releases are generally more satisfying to this viewer... but I don't expect them to completely follow the gospel set down by Lee & Kirby et al.

We shall agree to disagree. And how did you feel about Black Panther?

One of the weaker Marvel movies, but far better than Captain Marvel and a few others.