Last James Bond track or theme you listened to...

Comments

• MurdockMurdock The minus world
    @vzok, that was fantastic! Thank you so much! :-bd
    No problem.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Murdock wrote: »
    Here's the best version of that track you can find, completely clean. All thanks to @Vzok. :-bd
    Vzok, you are a legend. Many thanks.
  • edited February 2017 Posts: 3,336
    Brilliant track from one of my favourite bond scores.
  • edited February 2017 Posts: 6,432

Wish this was a option on the BD
  • Diamonds Are Forever...heard briefly to introduce the Best Supporting Actress category on the Oscars ;)

Barry was a genius. Although AVTAK is one of the weakest Bonds, it does have probably the best score in the series. It's brilliant.

I do like this version alot
    Listened to Live and Let Die earlier today.
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans

My Favorite!

And the last title track I listen to was a cranked up You Know my Name as I was driving to the gym, ;)

• edited April 2017 Posts: 6,432
    talos7 wrote: »

My Favorite!

And the last title track I listen to was a cranked up You Know my Name as I was driving to the gym, ;)

You know my Name is the first track on one of my training play lists, great track taps into the positive aggression.
  • BondAficionadoBondAficionado Former IMDBer
    I know that many people dislike Arnold, but still, what are people's top 3 DA scores? Sadly, I haven't seen any threads talking about his fantastic work on the Bond films - at least not recently - and I'd like to see what the general consensus is.

Top three:
    1. CR
    2. TND
    3. QoS
    I know that many people dislike Arnold, but still, what are people's top 3 DA scores? Sadly, I haven't seen any threads talking about his fantastic work on the Bond films - at least not recently - and I'd like to see what the general consensus is.

Top three:
    1. CR
    2. TND
    3. QoS

1. QoS
    2. DAD
    3. CR
    4. TWINE
    5. TND

I think all Arnolds scores have at least one amazing theme

Top three:
    1. CR
    2. TND
    3. QoS

1. QoS
    2. DAD
    3. CR
    4. TWINE
    5. TND

TWINE would also be at my #4. Some great music during the submarine finale though!

Top three:
    1. CR
    2. TND
    3. QoS

1. QoS
    2. DAD
    3. CR
    4. TWINE
    5. TND

TWINE would also be at my #4. Some great music during the submarine finale though!

I can easily listen to Arnold's Bond work, far superior to the dross we got from Newman.
    My top Arnold scores ranking.

1.TND
    2.DAD
    3.TWINE
    4. CR/QOS (tied)
    CR and QoS are your worst? You must of welcomed Newman with open arms then.
  • j_w_pepperj_w_pepper Born on the bayou. I can still hear my old hound dog barkin'.
    My media PC set to random is just now spitting out "Another Way To Die". Wouldn't pick it on purpose, but as a theme it is FAR better than that Madonna mess from DAD.
    j_w_pepper wrote: »
    My media PC set to random is just now spitting out "Another Way To Die". Wouldn't pick it on purpose, but as a theme it is FAR better than that Madonna mess from DAD.

I don't mind Another Way to Die I prefer it to Skyfall and Writing on the Wall. I struggle with the last two Oscar winning tracks.

Last Bond track I listened to was...

• j_w_pepperj_w_pepper Born on the bayou. I can still hear my old hound dog barkin'.
    I must admit that until reading your post I wasn't even aware that "Writing" also got an academy award, just like Adele's "Skyfall". Must have suppressed it. At any rate, I like neither, think that Adele's voice is overrated, and (definitely NOT judging Sam Smith in any other regard) also do not like that falsetto stuff. So yes, I am tempted to agree that "Another Way To Die" is a better Bond theme than those two...although I remembered totally hating it the first time I heard it.

I just hope I won't suddenly start to like that cut-up mess that is the QOS PTS as well one of these days. But naaaah, that's unlikely.
    Ha ha I like Quantum despite the editing, just thought Adele and Smiths efforts were too generic though I am stuck in the 20th century when it comes to music.
    Yes, so am I, really. I stopped listening to popular radio in the late 70s and only started in the 2000s to pick up on appreciating 80s' and 90s' music (or some of it). But I'm still not listening to radio any more.

And I think QOS is a solid mid-field Bond film, but I still hate the editing and consider it a waste of perfectly good film stock (or was it shot digitally? you get the gist).
  • GumboldGumbold Atlantis
    Murdock wrote: »
    Here you go. Complete with gunbarrel music.

That gunbarrel intro is one of my favorites. The drums are just superb
    j_w_pepper wrote: »
    Yes, so am I, really. I stopped listening to popular radio in the late 70s and only started in the 2000s to pick up on appreciating 80s' and 90s' music (or some of it). But I'm still not listening to radio any more.

And I think QOS is a solid mid-field Bond film, but I still hate the editing and consider it a waste of perfectly good film stock (or was it shot digitally? you get the gist).

True never liked shaky cameras QoS flirts with my top ten has some good moments though writers strike also hampered the film.
  • BMW_with_missilesBMW_with_missiles All the usual refinements.
    edited June 2017 Posts: 3,000
    I had never heard this extended version before. Fantastic!

Edit: Evidently this is a fan remix. I had thought it was official. Much respect to the person/people who made it.
    I had never heard this extended version before. Fantastic!

Awesome the thumbnail was the cover of the 7inch vinyl single I had.
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    edited June 2017 Posts: 4,548
    SP end credits, about twenty minutes ago, in my car. Gorgeous piece of music--especially the Madeleine theme. .

• Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Live and Let die: Underground Lair this piece of music purrs love it.
    The James Bond theme arranged by Erich Kunzel and the Cincinnati Pops Orchestra.