Last album you listened to?

Comments

@Birdleson
    I've seen Stones and Who multiple times, and Page&Plant the once, but never Clapton or Beck, probably because the Stones, Who and Zep have always had a big band concert appeal, as opposed to the more understated solo stagings of the two guitar virtuosos.
    But I've collected plenty from all of the above, both audio and vid.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    BOYD RICE-WOLF PACT
    EURYTHMICS-IN THE GARDEN
    Jamiroquai - Automaton [2017]
    001 wrote: »
    Jamiroquai - Automaton [2017]

Same
  • edited April 2017 Posts: 4,622
    Birdleson wrote: »
    That's great. Last time I saw Clapton was in Atlantic City in '90 on stage with The Stones and John Lee Hooker. My big one was The Dead. 95 shows, and over 100 times seeing various members separately. Dylan, the Allman Bros and Willie Nelson are the other ones that I've seen a ridiculous amount of times. Like you, I've seen The Who and The Stones a decent amount.
    Man you are prolific in your concert going.

I like a wide variety of rock music, but I love my core of Brit blues-rock gods.
    Ie Stones, Who, Zep, Beck and Clapton, in that order.
    Beck is still cutting edge. His latest album Loudhailer (2016)is a collaboration

"..,the guitarist previously told Rolling Stone his aim with the album was to move past "guitar nerd" albums, which is why he teamed with singer Rosie Bones and guitarist Carmen Vandenberg of the London group Bones, who wrote the songs and their lyrics with him. Beck met them at Queen drummer Roger Taylor's birthday party and after seeing them live, he drafted them to help him to redefine his sound.

"I thought, 'If I don't change course now [musically], I'll be stuck with that Guitar World [magazine] thing, and that's not where I come from at all,'" Beck said at a listening preview of the album. "Even though I've been on about 400 of their front covers, I'm not that person."

At the listening event earlier this year, Rolling Stone asked if he intended the LP to be a protest album. "It's an observation," he said. "It's undeniable when [Rosie] sings, 'plastic fantastic little creatures,' it's complaining about the plasticity of reality shows like American Idol and all this, where 99.5 percent of it is just crap and you should never be exposed to it, just to get that little morsel of talent," he said. "That, to me, is just the worst, so that's my little poke at that.""

Best thing about this album is that while the girls bring attitude, Becks heavy guitar licks are ever present.
    Makes for an exciting mix!
    Don't know if this material would work live though without the girls

HAROLD BUDD-AVALON SUTRA
    Birdleson wrote: »
    He had several female singers in his band when I saw him last summer, Buddy Guy opened. Are you familiar with John McLaughlin? He came up through Miles Davis' band in the late '60s, he's also played with Jeff Beck. I've got a ticket to see him in SF in December.

No I don't know McLaughlin. Good associations though, playing with Miles and Beck.

M: I score I like my movie soundtracks...
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Danny Elfman's M:I Score rules.
    Murdock wrote: »
    Danny Elfman's M:I Score rules.

The music for the finale is awesome
    edited April 2017 Posts: 45,489
    In celebration of his 70th birthday...
    IGGY POP-POST POP DEPRESSION

• Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    One of my favorite Iggy tunes to celebrate his birthday:

I saw the Stooges in 2004. Great show.

NOT SO COLD-A WARM WAVE COLLECTION
    @Thunderfinger, I bet that was wild. He's gotta have a great stage presence.
    He was bare chested with his trousers slipping down his ass as always. He looked like Satan s granddaddy.
    He was bare chested with his trousers slipping down his ass as always. He looked like Satan s granddaddy.

That's a very fitting description.
    Just bought and listened to Guardians of the Galaxy' Awesome Mix 2. Not bad at all.
    BRIAN ENO-MY LIFE IN THE BUSH OF GHOSTS
  • Agnes_007Agnes_007 Manchester, UK
    The last album I listened to was the latest Metallica one...I love it!! :D
    SHE PAST AWAY-BELIRDI GECE
    THE KLINIK-MISCELLANEOUS
  • ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
    Orbital Work 1989 - 2002
    Sherlock : The Abominable Bride soundtrack. Great ! Now, on to series 4.
    THE SISTERS OF MERCY-FLOODLAND
    THE LUCID DREAM-COMPULSION SONGS
    THE ESSENTIAL CYPRESS HILL
    In celebration of his 70th birthday...
    IGGY POP-POST POP DEPRESSION

My favourite album from last year. Having Iggy and Josh Homme working together is something I thought I'd never see (hear). There is a very noticeable Homme-sound to the album (as with all of Homme's non QOTSA-projects), and some groovy drum tracks by Matt Helders.
    Agreed