The NHL Thread

Comments

Rangers-Canadiens has been a great series.
    Jazz007 wrote: »
    I can't describe the disappointment I have in my Minnesota Wild. Ah! I can't look! X_X

As a Hawks fan I can totally relate. And to anyone who thinks I am - I'm not bandwagon. Loyal fan to Chicago/Baltimore sports, good and bad times.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    San Jose spanked Edmonton... brought reality back to that series... I wonder if the same fate awaits my Leafs tonight. I just don't see Ovie rolling over, plus Trotz has said he will play way more minutes than he did last game-- and that can only spell trouble for the Buds...
  • Last_Rat_StandingLast_Rat_Standing Long Neck Ice Cold Beer Never Broke My Heart
    FoxRox wrote: »
    I can't describe the disappointment I have in my Minnesota Wild. Ah! I can't look! X_X

As a Hawks fan I can totally relate. And to anyone who thinks I am - I'm not bandwagon. Loyal fan to Chicago/Baltimore sports, good and bad times.

At least youre honest. Seems like a lot of hawk fans came out of nowhere circa 2010
  • edited April 2017 Posts: 12,242

At least youre honest. Seems like a lot of hawk fans came out of nowhere circa 2010

Unfortunately it just happens with many successful teams (bandwagoning that is). Anyone who knows me well could also tell you I'm a die-hard Bears fan; we all know how good they are.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    When I was younger, my cousin would immediately become a fan of whoever won the Stanley Cup that year, and it was beyond irritating. Bandwagon fans are no fun.
    It just doesn't make sense to me. Why wouldn't you stick with your team(s)? It makes winning championships so much more meaningful and fun.
    It just doesn't make sense to me. Why wouldn't you stick with your team(s)? It makes winning championships so much more meaningful and fun.

Exactly! I guess bandwagon fans prefer blind, unwarranted bragging rights over genuine commitment to one team.
  • Last_Rat_StandingLast_Rat_Standing Long Neck Ice Cold Beer Never Broke My Heart
    I've been a faithful Panthers fan since 2010. Had some good years went to a few playoff games but sat through many abysmal years as well. Still pulling for them to stay consistent and make it out of the first round of the playoffs
    I've been a faithful Panthers fan since 2010. Had some good years went to a few playoff games but sat through many abysmal years as well. Still pulling for them to stay consistent and make it out of the first round of the playoffs

At least you get to enjoy seeing Jagr play, good times or bad, for roughly the next 300 seasons. The man is unstoppable.

Panthers are one of the teams I'm consistently rooting for to make the playoffs, or to have a solid season in general. I enjoy watching them play.
    Most people do unless you're one of those bitter fans who hates sun belt hockey

I can manage to enjoy watching any team play, it's disconcerting at times the amount of angry rivalries and pure hatred I see for particular, unwarranted players or teams.
    Creasy47 wrote: »

I can manage to enjoy watching any team play, it's disconcerting at times the amount of angry rivalries and pure hatred I see for particular, unwarranted players or teams.

I've heard it all here. Mostly the whole "Ohhh look at all of those empty seats, move them to Quebec!!!" "Oh it's a shame (insert player here) has to be in Florida. Wish he was on a real team with real fans! "

I'm just like, you dont know what it's like here. Years and years of horrible ownership, putting crap product on the ice. Imagine the outrage of any of the other 29 teams went 21 years without a playoff series win. Or making it twice in 17 seasons.
    @Last_Rat_Standing, I love a good rivalry as much as the next guy, but it seems some are rather unhealthy and negative about it. I try to avoid the Facebook comment threads for the NHL/separate teams pages, as some of those fans are very pessimistic and hateful at times.
    I'm on plenty but Facebook is horrible.

People are mean
  • peterpeter Toronto
    @Last_Rat_Standing : I can sympathize! The Leafs had horrible teams for the past fourteen years, making it to the playoffs once in that span.

The Club was in bad hands from top to bottom.

Thanks to Shanny, we're finally seeing hope today, and down the road. But my god, for fourteen years it was a horror show on the ice.
    peter wrote: »
    @Last_Rat_Standing : I can sympathize! The Leafs had horrible teams for the past fourteen years, making it to the playoffs once in that span.

The Club was in bad hands from top to bottom.

Thanks to Shanny, we're finally seeing hope today, and down the road. But my god, for fourteen years it was a horror show on the ice.

Yeah but the fans still showed up. Down here unless you're good, the arena is only filled when playing an original 6 team. That's just market down here for all sports.
    Leafs were the ultimate horror show in the '80s, during the Ballard three-ring circus years.
    Circus was back for another extended run over the last decade or so, until this year, and the coming of Auston the saviour.

Meanwhile Caps looking at at blowout tonight.
    4-1 in the first period. Yikes . We're going at least six.
    At least if the Caps keep this up and dominate the entire game, the series is tied before heading back to Washington. Better than Toronto being down AND having to play away.
    Pretty one-sided game so far. I'm just hoping the Hawks can avoid a sweep honestly.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    Toronto finally woke up in the third. Hopefully this was a lesson that they can take back to Washington!

BTW, who the hell leaves Ovie, set up in his usual spot (aka his office), during a PP? The Leafs should have known better.
    It's a better series than anticipated
  • Jazz007Jazz007 Minnesota
    The Wild weren't eliminated last night! What are the chances that they can win the next three and move on? :-S
  • peterpeter Toronto
    One game at a time @Jazz007 ! A hot goalie could steal a game... and before you know it the series is 3-2... at that point, who's got the momentum???
    Hoping the Pens can end it tonight and not let Columbus gain any more momentum. Happy to see the Wild managed a win last night!
    Happy to see Anaheim finish off Calgary.
    Happy to see Anaheim finish off Calgary.

I haven't followed Anaheim too closely lately, so I wasn't sure if it was a result of them being a really dominant team, or if the Flames just didn't have what it takes in the playoffs. Wonder if they'll tackle San Jose or Edmonton in the next round.
    My heart says Edmonton but my head says San Jose
    My heart says Edmonton but my head says San Jose

Same. Rooting for the former, but I have a feeling the latter will take it. Eager to see if the Blackhawks are the next team to get swept tonight.
    Both Hawks and Jackets die tonight.
    Oilers lose again and Rangers roll over Canadians.

Now if you want to make money, bet the opposite. :P