Coming soon to TV screens- The upcoming TV shows thread

Comments

• edited February 2017 Posts: 6,432
    It's been reported FOX are interested in rebooting Firefly though the caveat is they will only do it if Whedon is involved.

http://nerdist.com/fox-is-finally-interested-in-rebooting-firefly-but-there-is-a-catch/
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    There's no point in that without using the original cast and doing a XXX years later kind of series. It's nice to see that Fox are trying to remedy one of their greatest mistakes, however.
  • As much as I like Firefly and Serenity because the show was such a short run the quality was very high, I think I would prefer another movie.
    With the BBC's excellent Taboo having reached its conclusion it's time to look forward to the next season of Follow the Money on BBC Four.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    'Bloodline' returns to Netflix for its third and final season on May 26th:

Cannot wait to see how it all wraps up for the Rayburn family.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    Are there many AHS fans here? :)
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    There's no point in that without using the original cast and doing a XXX years later kind of series. It's nice to see that Fox are trying to remedy one of their greatest mistakes, however.

True. The original cast returning would be a must. But I'm torn about the whole thing because
    two of the main characters did die
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    I don t know what to think. Season 10 sucked.
    I've recorded all of Taboo,i haven't got around to watching it yet but I hear it was very good.
  • NSGWNSGW London
    Anyone checked out the latest season of Fargo that premiered this week?
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited April 2017 Posts: 15,686
    New official HBO trailers for some of their most famous TV series. Makes me want to binge watch these again.

@barryt007, if you get around to 'Taboo' in the near future, do share your thoughts, as I've wanted to check it out at some point, as well.

@NSGW, I was going to wait for it to be finished so I could enjoy it in one viewing (much like I did with the second season a couple weeks ago). If you've seen it, is it good?

@DaltonCraig007, 'Deadwood' is one of the best shows I've ever seen, and Ian McShane confirmed the other day that a two-hour movie script was submitted for a new "season" of sorts! I can only assume instead of doing a brand new season, they'd just shoot it like a film instead. Looking forward to it.
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    @barryt007, if you get around to 'Taboo' in the near future, do share your thoughts, as I've wanted to check it out at some point, as well.

Will do...I've just started watching series 2 of 'Lucky Man' that I recorded,so when I finish that I will move on to 'Taboo' and let you know matey.

• NSGWNSGW London
    @Creasy47 Yeah its off to a great start and is in keeping with the overall style of the series, perhaps not as strong as the opening episodes of the other seasons but its early yet and I'm still getting used to the set up and new batch of quirky characters. I was pleasantly surprised to see Michael Stuhlbarg show up, as I didn't know he had joined the cast, who I've loved since first seeing him as Arnold Rothstein in Boardwalk Empire. I recently binged the first two seasons in preparation for this new one so I may hold out until this season is over to watch the rest like yourself, much easier to keep track of what's going on that way.
    @NSGW, I gave that show another chance about a year or so back, and as bad as I wanted to get into it, it really wasn't doing it for me. Then, I had the bad luck of looking up something on YouTube for it, in hopes of clarification, and came across a wave of spoilers I couldn't unsee. Maybe I'll try it again one day.

There are very few shows now that I manage to watch weekly, most of them I'm patient enough to enjoy in one sitting or two - like you said, makes it much easier to keep track of all the minor characters, events, and details that take place that are otherwise easily missable or forgettable.
    'Scream' suddenly becomes an anthology series for season three, which will receive only six episodes and an all new set of cast members and showrunners:

http://collider.com/scream-season-3-reboot/

I can only assume the second season ended with cliffhangers or twists of some sort, so that's a shame for the fans. I sat through season one, which was more than enough for me.
  • edited April 2017 Posts: 6,432
    Deleted
    'Roseanne' will receive an eight episode limited series revival, with the original cast slated to return:

http://deadline.com/2017/04/roseanne-revival-roseanne-barr-john-goodman-sara-gilbert-1202078883/
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    'Roseanne' will receive an eight episode limited series revival, with the original cast slated to return:

http://deadline.com/2017/04/roseanne-revival-roseanne-barr-john-goodman-sara-gilbert-1202078883/

Every show is doing this now, it seems.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    Is it too much for me to ask that Wings come back next?
    I think it's only natural we'll get a lot of reunion shows, now that so many others are doing it through Netflix and cable. Fresh Prince, Family Matters, Friends, Seinfeld, Everybody Loves Raymond. The list is endless.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    I wish this would show on a channel I have. The book was brilliant.
    My best friend has been waiting for that show for a long time. He loves Gaiman, and American Gods especially.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    Are there any American Horror Story fans here that are looking forward to Season 7?
    The first trailer is out for season five of 'House of Cards,' and it looks incredible:

Season two of 'Stranger Things' has wrapped filming:

http://www.slashfilm.com/new-stranger-things-season-2-details/
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."

The first season is on my Netflix watchlist, I really need to get round to watching it I have heard it's good.

The first season is on my Netflix watchlist, I really need to get round to watching it I have heard it's good.

It's damn good. I flew through it the first day of release, and will likely do the same with the second season (especially with how big it's gotten, want to avoid spoilers).