No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

• ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    Who says EON cannot do two things simultaneously?
    Big Brother Cuckoo.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Did the BBC really say that?
  • 007Blofeld007Blofeld In the freedom of the West.
    edited April 2017 Posts: 3,126
    I meant MGM MGM is the main reason for the slow down not necessarily all EON
    Fake News Central did.
    Fake News Central did.

Then it must be true.
    Fake News Central did.

Then it must be true.
    True True!
    007Blofeld wrote: »

• Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead

I agree, EON are producing the war drama, then Bond is next on the schedule. Hopefully Daniel will have an answer by then.

I agree, EON are producing the war drama, then Bond is next on the schedule. Hopefully Daniel will have an answer by then.

Got to be and MGM better have a way to finance bond 25 by then instead of focusing on a tomb raider sequel that will make nothing

Got to be and MGM better have a way to finance bond 25 by then instead of focusing on a tomb raider sequel that will make nothing

Indeed.
    To be honest they could have retconned it well. Rogue one did a great job of reverse engineering a story into an existing framework. They did it very poorly though.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited April 2017 Posts: 23,883
    Matt007 wrote: »
    To be honest they could have retconned it well. Rogue one did a great job of reverse engineering a story into an existing framework. They did it very poorly though.
    I would have preferred if they hadn't, but yes, the execution was deplorable. We all know what they were trying to do. That part is obvious. It's just that some of us think it was done in the most inexcusable fashion worthy of condemnation, and that is why I personally hope they don't draw attention to it any more going forward, whether it be in B25 or any future entry.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    bondjames wrote: »
    I would have preferred if they hadn't, but yes, the execution was deplorable. We all know what they were trying to do. That part is obvious. It's just that some of us think it was done in the most inexcusable fashion worthy of condemnation, and that is why I personally hope they don't draw attention to it any more going forward, whether it be in B25 or any future entry.

Succinctly put. Mirrors my feelings exactly.

Do you think that EON realise that?
    vzok wrote: »

That's an interesting question. No.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited April 2017 Posts: 23,883

It's a very good question. They've proven to be quite adept at picking up on these things previously, so one can only hope. The longer the gap between SP and B25, the higher the chance that they will move on. That is my strong preference even if it means waiting an extra year.

It's a very good question. They've proven to be quite adept at picking up on these things previously, so one can only hope. The longer the gap between SP and B25, the higher the chance that they will move on. That is my strong preference even if it means waiting an extra year.

Here's hoping you are right.

This is also the problem with having a story arc. Fine in a TV series. Not fine in a movie series where 5 movies can stretch out over 15 years.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Everyone is too cynical and pessimistic these days. Have some optimism people. The doom and gloom train is boring.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Murdock wrote: »
    Everyone is too cynical and pessimistic these days. Have some optimism people. The doom and gloom train is boring.

Haven't you heard, @Murdock? EON are hacks, and McClory might as well have had the license for Bond films. I am so close to giving up on this franchise!!!

*stomps feet and walks out door*
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7, I expect that kind of whining and tantrum throwing from angry trekkies. Not intelligent Bond fans. ;)
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Murdock wrote: »
    @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7, I expect that kind of whining and tantrum throwing from angry trekkies. Not intelligent Bond fans. ;)

Unfortunately there are Bond fans like that out there.
    Where?
    Where?

Some are right here, for starters. Some days I feel like I'm in the front row of a pageant for drama queens.
    Bond films, DC films and remakes are all hated here.
  • edited April 2017 Posts: 1,314
    I think the babs and mike know all too well how Spectre was received, from the public, the press and the senior peeps at Sony. That said I don't think it's as bad as all that. It's Craig's worst along with qos, but not as bad as some.

Craig's era though does seem like very high points mixed with wasted potential.

The era has brought back some class and dignity to proceedings and the craftsmanship has never been higher. Spottiswoode? Apted? Tamahori? How the fck that guy was allowed near a bond film I will never know.
    Can't believe j w pepper has died no
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    edited April 2017 Posts: 10,586
    When is the next MGM conference call? Early May?
    edited April 2017 Posts: 7,969
    jake24 wrote: »
    When is the next MGM conference call? Early May?

And what can we expect to hear!

At least they can't suspend production, since it technically hasn't begun.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    I'm sure it'll go the same way the last few conference calls have gone. If not, then we're in for a pleasant surprise.
    I ain't expecting anything sadly!