No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

• RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    And bring back Gemma.

donna.jpg
    And bring back Gemma.

donna.jpg

Gemma said in a recent article that she wouldn't do another Bond film.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    @Some_Kind_Of_Hero, I can understand why Bond only speaks to Tanner over MI6 business. He's such a boresome oaf nobody would ever want to be around, and is unfortunately written to be that way. In retrospect I wish they'd never called him Tanner. It invites comparison with a character from the books that Fleming actually wanted to be likable.
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    Then bring back the Canadian!

kate-with-gun

• talos7talos7 New Orleans
    The Canadian Had a Rene Russo look to her.
  • @Some_Kind_Of_Hero, I can understand why Bond only speaks to Tanner over MI6 business. He's such a boresome oaf nobody would ever want to be around, and is unfortunately written to be that way. In retrospect I wish they'd never called him Tanner. It invites comparison with a character from the books that Fleming actually wanted to be likable.

Part of the problem with Tanner is that there often isn't very much for him to do, apart from spouting exposition. He certainly doesn't need to be in every film. I hope they remedy both his character and his screen time moving forward.
  • SeanCraigSeanCraig Germany
    Matt007 wrote: »
    I really really want them to Film the first 90 or so pages of moonraker. Blades, gambling, cheating... it's the most bondian bond scenario that Fleming wrote imo

Amen to that! I would love that, too. Would make a terribly good start for the next movie - next it should blend into elements of LALD, DAF and maybe OHMSS.

I would never have thought of it myself - but the idea of Beam pulling strings for SPECTRE now in the US government is brilliant, imho. Maybe Felix had left / had to leave the CIA (see the novels) and now teams up with Bond again since he is after that. A (Gold- ?) Smuggling operation with headquarters on Jamaica is used to finance a broader plot that Beam is involved in since he pulls political strings for SPECTRE. Someone else took over the role of "Number One" since Blofeld is arrested but the organization tries to involve UK and the USA into some sort of international conflict for SPECTREs benefits. All classic Bond elements but stirred the right way it would make a very decent movie.
  • Man, I feel bad for Craig. None of us know the whole story behind this, but if that quote of his—“Being on your own would be sad, sick and weird, I don’t trust myself, I need that balance"—is any indication of his current state, I feel for him.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    So sorry to hear that.
    That´s great, might be a good motivation to give a mean Bond performance. Spielberg also made his best Indy film when he got seperated.

• And they're both re-writing the Page Six story from the New York Post.
    Then bring back the Canadian!

kate-with-gun

Now THAT I would like ....she could be worked into a storyline really easily.

• doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    007Blofeld wrote: »

Don't know if it's true or not but it's hardly surprising. That's just one of the fundamental drawbacks of actors marrying actors; especially if both have big enough profiles. Craig has often lamented the fact that shooting Bond films keeps him over half a year away from his family. In any case, again if true it's very unfortunate but such is life in the business. I bet Satsuki Mitchell would be delighted.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    I read that article when it came out (note that the date is Feb 20th) but didn't post it here because it hadn't been verified. I noticed that Craig looked quite under the weather at that recent game he was at however, which might be on account of his alleged personal troubles, thinking about it retrospectively. She's not getting any younger, so if she's the one calling it off she may want to reconsider.

They say: Acting Bond makes your life turn into Bond: A lonely blunt instrument who can not get a stable relationship.

Well, the good news, doing a 5th Bond is now the perfect recipe to get over this shit with women :-).
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    edited April 2017 Posts: 13,350
    To put it politely, it's bollocks.

http://www.gossipcop.com/daniel-craig-rachel-weisz-separate-lives-marriage-split

Come on, this is the same site that said Sony offered Craig $150 million for two films.

Back to Bond 25.
    Getafix wrote: »
    Wright is good but don't bring in Leiter just for the sake of it.

If they bring back Felix Leiter this way, then I'm all in for a return of dear Uncle Felix :-):
    https://www.docdroid.net/q503afj/story-treatment-james-bond-007-in-murder-on-wheels-final-2docx.pdf.html
    I'm all for Felix's return, just as long as they don't maim him again in order to create a pretext to send Bond on another revenge driven rampage.
  • MrcogginsMrcoggins Following in the footsteps of Quentin Quigley.
    Let's have no more of this rumour about Mr & Mrs Craig if you please as Sam put it earlier is a load of Balls and is not fitting for this place Thankyou .
    bondjames wrote: »
    I'm all for Felix's return, just as long as they don't maim him again in order to create a pretext to send Bond on another revenge driven rampage.

Exactly. I agree. Like I said, the way I brought back Felix in my treatment is the best way. No backstories. Just Felix as an asset to execute his mission.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    The Craig/Weisz split article has all the hallmarks of bullshit, and it's from a rag tabloid site with writers and "sources" who represent the absolute lowest forms of humanity. Do people consider where what they're reading is coming from?

The bottom of Radar's articles includes this message, for crying out loud:

We pay for juicy info! Do you have a story for RadarOnline.com? Email us at [email protected], or call us at (866) ON-RADAR (667-2327) any time, day or night.

Let's move on to facts, folks.
  • ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
    boldfinger wrote: »
    That´s great, might be a good motivation to give a mean Bond performance. Spielberg also made his best Indy film when he got seperated.

He separated before making Raiders?

• jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    The Bond 25 Production Diary - Celebrating 500 pages of great conversation (and 200 pages of garbage). :D
    edited April 2017 Posts: 23,883
    If I'm not mistaken, we actually don't have any knowledge or information on B25 from the people who make these films. Consequently, if we're being pedantic, the most pertinent comment on this thread was captured on the very first page, in the 2nd post which I requote below.
    JCRendle wrote: »
    Who says there will even be a Bond 25 ;)

Nah, course there will :P

I think we can all agree that the above is accurate. The rest is all varying degree of conjecture, speculation and opinion. In lieu of hard facts, I'm all for the open discussion as I've said before, and don't discriminate between comments & opinions which are more in line with my own thinking, and those which aren't.
    Samuel001 wrote: »
    To put it politely, it's bollocks.

http://www.gossipcop.com/daniel-craig-rachel-weisz-separate-lives-marriage-split

Come on, this is the same site that said Sony offered Craig $150 million for two films.

Back to Bond 25.

Nice one Samuel! Your word is good enough for me! :-bd
    jake24 wrote: »
    The Bond 25 Production Diary - Celebrating 500 pages of great conversation (and 200 pages of garbage). :D

Brilliant! =))
  • edited April 2017 Posts: 5,767
    Shardlake wrote: »
    boldfinger wrote: »

He separated before making Raiders?
    Spielberg says on some dvd bonus that Temple of Doom got so dark because he went through a divorce shortly before.
    I find Temple to be rather cheesy.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    @jake24, time to change the headline.
  • Let's move on to facts, folks.

Like Jeffrey Wright tweeting a pic of himself from ten years ago suddenly igniting 5 pages of discussion, champagne uncorking, and a new headline? ;)

Literally nothing in this thread is facts. It is pure, unadulterated, unmitigated speculation. 700+ pages of it. Do we know anything at all about Bond 25 at this point, apart from P&W being announced by Baz (which even some have refused to believe)?
    bondjames wrote: »
    If I'm not mistaken, we actually don't have any knowledge or information on B25 from the people who make these films. Consequently, if we're being pedantic, the most pertinent comment on this thread was captured on the very first page, in the 2nd post which I requote below.
    JCRendle wrote: »
    Who says there will even be a Bond 25 ;)

Nah, course there will :P

I think we can all agree that the above is accurate. The rest is all varying degree of conjecture, speculation and opinion. In lieu of hard facts, I'm all for the open discussion as I've said before, and don't discriminate between comments & opinions which are more in line with my own thinking, and those which aren't.

Precisely this.