Suggestions how Skyfall might be mentioned in Skyfall!

edited February 2012 in Skyfall Posts: 1,661
Bond beats the bad guy, saves the world, and gets the girl.

Girl:
"James, we did it! You stopped the bomb just in time!"

Bond:
"The sky won't fall while I'm around!"*

Girl:
"Oh James.... you're so witty!"

:P

*Best said in a Roger Moore Bond kinda way.

Comments

• There's every chance that skyfall won't be mentioned at all, we still don't know what it really relates to
  • edited February 2012 Posts: 366
    Bond:
    So the sky lives to fall another day.

**Runs**
  • You've got nothing to be embarrassed about, I'll run with you :-S
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    It could quite possibly be the name of either the failed operation that could haunt M, or the mission Bond is on in the film a la TB.
    Is there a satelite in the story?
  • echoecho 007 in New York
    Adele: "Skyfallllllllllll. Skyfallllll! Skyfall!!!!!!!!!!"
    The title song..?

Or Javier Bardem as Ernst Stavno Skyfall

Oh, @echo beat me to it-
    It could quite possibly be the name of either the failed operation that could haunt M, or the mission Bond is on in the film a la TB.

I'm with you on this one.

• Its believed to be the name of something, such as a place, as well as having an 'emotional context'.
  • edited February 2012 Posts: 1,661
    How about some top secret bit of computer software. Skyfall sounds a bit like Skyfox - which was a computer game back in the 1998s. A new computer game, Skyrim, has recently been released and is very popular.

• Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    edited February 2012 Posts: 13,350
    Getafix wrote:
    Is there a satelite in the story?

That's come up through an unfounded rumoured. It's not confirmed though may be part of the story. I doubt it though, it's almost too easy to guess.
  • As there's some part of the past that comes back to haunt in this years release, maybe it could be a reference to Bond's parents dying in the climbing accident. Has this been mentioned?, can't recall it but it did get me thinking. They 'fell out of the sky' etc on a mountaineering expedition, that would make a certain amount of sense and it comes back to haunt Bond. We can only guess at this point in time but maybe that's a credible theory, no doubt something completely different when we really learn of the circumstances but there you go
  • Agent005 wrote:

Same here. In my head I can practically hear it in Bernard Lee's voice! "Codename:........SKYFALL."
  • echoecho 007 in New York
    Perhaps Berenice is playing Severine Skyfall? ;)
  • edited February 2012 Posts: 1,856
    ^
    Or Eve Skyfall.
  • X3MSonicXX3MSonicX https://www.behance.net/gallery/86760163/Fa-Posteres-de-007-No-Time-To-Die
    Skyfall is her surname? lol
    I'm thinking that its an unofficial black op gone bad!
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    RogueAgent wrote:

That was my thinking too, a mission failed in M's past that she never wanted to be made public. Either that or it is the mission name that Bond goes on in the film. This gets me thinking. If a mission will come back to haunt her, hypothetically speaking, maybe someone will blackmail her or something. Just a thought.
  • X3MSonicXX3MSonicX https://www.behance.net/gallery/86760163/Fa-Posteres-de-007-No-Time-To-Die
    RogueAgent wrote:

That was my thinking too, a mission failed in M's past that she never wanted to be made public. Either that or it is the mission name that Bond goes on in the film. This gets me thinking. If a mission will come back to haunt her, hypothetically speaking, maybe someone will blackmail her or something. Just a thought.

I'd want, that this secret, could be her name's revelation.
    Bardem in theory if this is the case? Could be an abandoned ally seeking retribution on her?
    Going slightly off track, but Mossad once used the term "the sky is falling" as a term for a serious attack - perhaps the line could be used to describe a chaotic situation i.e. an attack on MI6 perhaps?
  • St_GeorgeSt_George Shuttling Drax's lovelies to the space doughnut - happy 40th, MR!
    In the scene when Bond and Eve are on the roof towards the end of the film (as we know takes place from one of the images of filming), a satellite dish next to them turns towards a point in the sky and starts bleeping and a big light in its centre starts flashing. Both look up to the point in the sky to which the dish is turned, hearing a great roar. Eve exclaims: "Oh James, the sky's falling in!". Bond responds: "No, you plonker, that's a bloody jumbo jet!". We see a 747 heading right for them, attracted by the satellite dish. Cut to end credits.

Actually, hang on, that's a scene from an episode of Only Fools And Horses, isn't it...? ;)
  • Agent005 wrote:

Same here. In my head I can practically hear it in Bernard Lee's voice! "Codename:........SKYFALL."

My thoughts too...

Unless it's a reference to Asterix: The only thing the Gauls were afraid of was the sky falling on their head :p
  • Adele going "The we could watch the sky fallllllllllllll" and/or is a codename for something.