Connery did a FRWL game in 2005, which film/actor would you like to see with a game next?

Comments

• Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    I'd love to see a faithful adaptation of some of the films as unlikly as it is to happen.
    'Faithful adaptation' ? How can that be possible if Craig replaces the film's original actor ? Surely that makes a faithful adaptation impossible.
    I meant in terms of the story and locations of the recreated scenes of course. From Russia With Love could have been a lot better than it was for instance.

I still only suggested Tomorrow Never Dies as a potential way Activision could go due to the success of GoldenEye though so we're now going off-topic. Activision can try anything they want, so why not another updated adaptation of a film to continue in that successful path or something completely new? Lets do something different for once, or would lame, generic action games be OK for the foreseeable future in your book? If they have access to all the locations, villains and everything else from the last 49 years it stuns me the Bond games are yet to be given a real shake up.

To start Bond 23 using GoldenEye's engine could win favour with both fans and critics next year and also sell well.
  • i dont want a bond 23 tie in or another movie remake, i want an original game. I have always prefered original games because its a brand new bond adventure, not one i've already seen at the cinema. one of the reasons i loved nightfire so much is because you felt like you were in a brand new bond movie (everything or nothing was also awesome but despite having the proper actors the voice acting was not as good as nightfire. the only one excited in EON was john cleese, the others just seemed like, ah f*ck it its only a game, not a movie)

Maybe they could composite some of the best elements of each Bond movie era; in other words, have a Bond game with the best stuff from the '60s Bond movies, the '70s, and so on.
    These are the Bond games that I think would have full-force potential for being made into games:

-Thunderball
    -You Only Live Twice
    -The Spy Who Loved Me
    -For Your Eyes Only
    -Octopussy
    -A View to a Kill
    -The Living Daylights
    -License to Kill
    -Die Another Day

Remakes:
    -Tomorrow Never Dies
    -The World is not Enough
    OHMSS with the likeness and voice of Lazenby.
    Dr_Metz wrote:
    OHMSS with the likeness and voice of Lazenby.

Though OHMSS is my least favorite Bond movie, I do agree that it would make a pretty good game. The PTS, fight with Draco's henchman in the hotel room, the two ski chases, the car chase, and the raid on Piz Gloria would all make for awesome levels.
  • I would love to have some sort of a collaborative game where each stage/level/mission whatever is based off of a single entry.
  • I would KILL for a GoldenEye style remake (like how they swapped Brosnan for Craig) only this time it would be Diamonds Are Forever.... with Lazenby's likeness!
    I'm sure Connery wouldn't give a crap, lol
    Unfortunately, only hardcore Bond fans would get how awesome such a game would be, and sales would likely be terrible :(
    I would KILL for a GoldenEye style remake (like how they swapped Brosnan for Craig) only this time it would be Diamonds Are Forever.... with Lazenby's likeness!
    I'm sure Connery wouldn't give a crap, lol
    Unfortunately, only hardcore Bond fans would get how awesome such a game would be, and sales would likely be terrible :(
    I like the DAF we got.

• X3MSonicXX3MSonicX https://www.behance.net/gallery/86760163/Fa-Posteres-de-007-No-Time-To-Die
    edited February 2012 Posts: 2,635
    U guys know something i don't understand? Why in 2005 they made FRWL game, with Sean Connery and no Pierce Brosnan. Because, they made Goldeneye 2010, and they had Pierce Brosnan to do it, but they made it with Daniel Craig. The point is, at the GE remake, they shoulda had used Brosnan, because as i see on the reviews, and at here on the forums, the remake sucks with Daniel playing Bond, instead of Brosnan.
  • That was because when FRWL came out, there was technically no current Bond actor. With GoldenEye however, Craig was Bond in the movies.
    I don't know, it's a rule or some ****
  • X3MSonicXX3MSonicX https://www.behance.net/gallery/86760163/Fa-Posteres-de-007-No-Time-To-Die
    edited February 2012 Posts: 2,635
    That was because when FRWL came out, there was technically no current Bond actor. With GoldenEye however, Craig was Bond in the movies.

if there WASN'T, Brosnan should be used, because, Still having no Bond, he was the last one.
  • edited February 2012 Posts: 4,813
    A good point. But I guess it could have also had to do with the fact that they actually convinced Sean to do it!
    I remember seeing the preview for the game and all I could think of was 'oh my god, how did they get CONNERY?? This is incredible!!'
    I remember seeing the preview for the game and all I could think of was 'oh my god, how did they get CONNERY?? This is incredible!!'

One word: A LOT of green papers.

Anyway, my point, although being good as actually you said, is not quite useable, cos' Brosnan wouldn't accept it because as we all know he would say No, as it appears he tries to forget that he was Bond someday.
    (P.S: That fact is pretty a shame, firstly for Me, because i am a GREAT fan of him. And also, a shame for Him, because HE was the best Bond for ME.)
    @X3MSonicX: Oh I fully agree that the remake with Craig is stupid and unnecessary! If they thought Connery just couldn't possibly be replaced or else the world would go into chaos, why take Brosnan out of his best Bond movie?! He deserves to stay in GoldenEye! It isn't GoldenEye without Pierce Brosnan.
    A few of us here would be interested in a period piece film, why not a period piece series of games?

You could have whoever you want as Bond, or stick with Connery and have a whole storyline of games set in the 50's 60's or whenever.

Just mix it up. Brosnan in the 60's, Moore in today's, Dalton in the 80's. Really mess it up :P
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    That's a good way to go about it. My only conern is would a Bond game set in the 50's or 60's sell well? I'd love to see it though and may work out even better than a period piece film.
  • If likeness rights and legal BS wasn't an issue, then a new game not based on any movie and I've got two words for you: SELECT PLAYER. All the Bond's baby.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    I'd like to see the Bond#17 story used with Dalton. Like EON acted as the 5th Brosnan film, Bond#17 could act as the 3rd Dalton film.
    Bond Movies with Game Potential:
    -Thunderball
    -You Only Live Twice
    -The Spy Who Loved Me
    -Moonraker
    -For Your Eyes Only
    -Octopussy
    -The Living Daylights
    -License to Kill
    -Die Another Day

Re-Make Needed:
    -Tomorrow Never Dies
    -The World is not Enough
  • ROGER MOORE IN A MOONRAKER GAME B-)
    JWESTBROOK wrote:
    A few of us here would be interested in a period piece film

I think it was you who suggested a Tarantino Bond film set in the 50s. That would be awesome.

Anyway, I'd like it if they thought of an original game and got Timothy Dalton to star in it.
    A Roger Moore game is a must IMO! But it would also be super cool if there was a game where all the six Bond actors could be used, both in SP and MP. In MP Roger Moore Bond can be played against the others as bots.
    A Roger Moore game is a must IMO! But it would also be super cool if there was a game where all the six Bond actors could be used, both in SP and MP. In MP Roger Moore Bond can be played against the others as bots.

I like it! That's a great idea, having Bonds on Bonds, hahaha. It'd be even cooler if you could perform signature moves for each of the six, and each of them could have special gadgets such as the briefcase for Connery, the dart-watch for Moore, the key ring for Dalton, and the cell phone for Brosnan, or something like that.
  • edited April 2012 Posts: 5,745
    JWESTBROOK wrote:
    A few of us here would be interested in a period piece film

I think it was you who suggested a Tarantino Bond film set in the 50s. That would be awesome.

Anyway, I'd like it if they thought of an original game and got Timothy Dalton to star in it.

More of a Bond-style/influenced Quentin Tarantino spy film. He's very good at getting the vibe and feel of genres, and I'd love to see him do spy!
  • HASEROTHASEROT has returned like the tedious inevitability of an unloved season---
    I've mentioned before how I would like to see TSWLM or even TLD transfered to a videogame, as both have potential to be great games - and it would be easy to transfer plot elements to a video game world, without having to stretch and add a lot unnecessary garbage, like in the FRWL game..

but if Craig must be the only option when it comes to playing as Bond in these current games, then i would either want something completely original.... or something for the 50th Anniversary, where it's a game packed with various levels inspired by all the films.... just something..

ideally - i would want a sandbox style Bond game, in the vein of GTA - with a generic looking Bond, and for the videogames to be their own entity, separate from the films.. and it would be an easy way to incorporate elements from the post Fleming novels (that they sometimes refuse to use in the films).... would love to see either Rockstar or Rocksteady take a stab at Bond games in the future, once Activision is done bleeding the pig.
    I don't want Craig to star in a game of a film that isn't his again.
  • RC7RC7
    HASEROT wrote:
    ideally - i would want a sandbox style Bond game, in the vein of GTA

I always wished they'd make a Dr.No sandbox game. Given that all the action takes place in Jamaica and Crab Key I thought it would be fantastic fun to recreate both Islands and let you have free roam with Connery Bond.

Crab Key is naturally unlocked once you've completed certain missions in Jamaica.

The story would of course have to be expanded but if you combined the detective style gameplay of L.A. Noire with the action of GTA you'd have a cracking 60's set game.

@RC7: I wouldn't exactly think that Dr. No would be the best choice for a game of this sort. I mean, your idea is great, but I don't think it would work out with Dr. No. It would probably have the same drawbacks as the FRWL, in that there's not enough action so new levels would have to be built that are just filler action with barely any point. If you'd like a '60s sandbox Bond game, I'd think that Thunderball or You Only Live Twice would be the way to go, since there are plenty of opprotunities for great action levels.
    I would really like an original Dalton sandbox Bond game set in the present day. Or a Brosnan one.