CLOSED

Comments

• DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    True, @Thunderfinger, but I'm very frustrated over the apparent lack of effort from those decent Muslims to

a) oppose the radical fractions
    b) teach their children why they can never join those radical fractions
    c) assist our military services in fighting the terrorists
    d) critically re-examine the teachings of the Quran themselves and maybe detect where some of the problems come from.
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    I hear there have been bombings at Christian churches in Egypt just now.
    There has x 42 dead i think.

Personally i dont give a shit about muslims domestic problems,i worry about the West and the fact they are determined to achieve something which is ,frankly,impossible.

One day they will push the |West too far,and they will need THEIR God to help them ,when they do.
  • JamesBondKenyaJamesBondKenya Danny Boyle laughs to himself
    And then every minority will suffer even me and Im not a Muslim but when the west gets pushed too far they will get tiered of everybody
    And then every minority will suffer even me and Im not a Muslim but when the west gets pushed too far they will get tiered of everybody

Yes,i'm afraid Maybe we will.
    Not been on for a few days but I just obviously wished to say I am thinking of the poor victims in Stockholm and injured survivors of yet another senseless attack from some brainwashed fool.

Thoughts and prayers are with you.
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    Yes, it's been a terrible few days. Thoughts and prayers are with all those who died, were injured or were otherwise affected by these senseless terrorist atrocities in Sweden and Egypt.
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    DarthDimi wrote: »
    True, @Thunderfinger, but I'm very frustrated over the apparent lack of effort from those decent Muslims to

a) oppose the radical fractions
    b) teach their children why they can never join those radical fractions
    c) assist our military services in fighting the terrorists
    d) critically re-examine the teachings of the Quran themselves and maybe detect where some of the problems come from.
    I'm not quite sure there's a lack of effort there. The moderate muslims I know don't identify themselves with their beliefs, just like moderate christians don't. So you won't see or hear anything from them, which is the way you want it in the first place.

I don't think that those who strongly identify themselves as muslim are moderate. They may be moderate in a way of not wanting to use violence, but that's not moderate in the way of beeing a follower of a religion.
    And on that point C: you'll be amazed about the number of muslims serving in western armies (found an interesting one about the Belgian army: 55 muslims within their ranks are identified as radicalised). Guessing the maonunt of muslims isn't 1 on 1 with the radicalised version, there must be plenty in the armed forces.
  • edited April 2017 Posts: 4,599
    Re : Critical thinking and religion ? like oil and water...forget it.
  • edited April 2017 Posts: 19,339
    Looks like a bomb has gone off next to the Borussia Dortmund team coach,one player is injured.
    Yeah, I just learned about that. More news to come, no doubt.
    Looks like its becoming part of everyday life now...one a week at the moment.
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    barryt007 wrote: »

Soon it will be at the end of the news like the weather:

'And now time for the terrorism. Paris is under complete lockdown, London has the tube closed for the next three hours and there are no flights out of JFK. The outlook for tomorrow is more of the same with occasional light sprinklings of machine gun fire at shopping centres, so don't forget to wear that Kevlar jacket.'
    barryt007 wrote: »

Soon it will be at the end of the news like the weather:

'And now time for the terrorism. Paris is under complete lockdown, London has the tube closed for the next three hours and there are no flights out of JFK. The outlook for tomorrow is more of the same with occasional light sprinklings of machine gun fire at shopping centres, so don't forget to wear that Kevlar jacket.'

It wouldnt surprise me...
  • j_w_pepperj_w_pepper Born on the bayou. I can still hear my old hound dog barkin'.
    In the Borussia Dortmund case, I'd expect so-called "football fans" having gone astray, rather than the usual brand of terrorists. But let's see.
    j_w_pepper wrote: »
    In the Borussia Dortmund case, I'd expect so-called "football fans" having gone astray, rather than the usual brand of terrorists. But let's see.

3 explosions ? ..i dont think its football fans.
    The world is getting an even more dangerous place everyday!
  • j_w_pepperj_w_pepper Born on the bayou. I can still hear my old hound dog barkin'.
    I can see where you are getting. But it's three explosions that barely dented a coach window and injured a player from the glass splinters only. With all due respect, it looks to me like bumbling pyrotechnics freaks rather than, say, Islamists or whatever that should be taken serious. Maybe IS will claim responsitbility for it (after the fact), but then they would have to admit they're a failure.
    The fanatical cowards are taking over basically..hiding in the shadows.
    Only if we let them. And the match is now going to take place tomorrow.
    To be a fly on the wall when Rex Tillerson meets Sergei Lavrov tomorrow!!! :bz
    I'm not a fan of the Putin régime at all, but whatever happens, Lavrov is the most experienced foreign minister around and going to take those amateurs to the cleaners.
    The explosions were hidden in a hedge. Odd.
    thats what i have heard DD..
    Somehow I can't shake the feeling that this isn't the work of our usual brand of terrorists.
    DarthDimi wrote: »
    Somehow I can't shake the feeling that this isn't the work of our usual brand of terrorists.

I expect it to be fanatical football fans with firework bombs aimed at scaring and intimidating the opposite team.
    In which case they must, if caught, receive severe punishment. Deliberately upsetting the order in times when paranoia prevails, is dangerous.
    I dont think Monaco fans are like that.
    The police have now said that whoever planted those explosives there was directly targeting the team. Look, Muslim terrorists are a collection of nutters but if they are targeting specific sports teams, they've lost it completely. It becomes progressively more likely that some local plunker with a hard-on for another team went online to search for recipes for home-made explosives.
    So... a letter was found which mentions Islamic motives. I'm still not convinced that is true. My current hypothesis is that whoever did this, thinks they can get away with it by blaming it on the obvious evildoers.
This discussion has been closed.