The X-Files Discussion Thread

Comments

• ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    "Clyde Bruckman s final repose" from season 3 has to be one of my all time favourite episodes. It s the one with the psychic serial killler.
    I had forgotten that Walter Gotell has a minor appearance as a nazi scientist working for the Americans.
  • edited April 2017 Posts: 2,107
    http://deadline.com/2017/04/x-files-returns-event-series-fox-1202073290/

X-Files season for 2017-2018 announced.

What a weird coincidence. I just began watching the series from season one just few hours ago and I thought they should announce season 11 while I'm wstching through the show. Bang! In a few hours time; season eleven announced. I must be psychic.
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    SharkBait wrote: »
    http://deadline.com/2017/04/x-files-returns-event-series-fox-1202073290/

X-Files season for 2017-2018 announced.

What a weird coincidence. I just began watching the series from season one just few hours ago and I thought they should announce season 11 while I'm wstching through the show. Bang! In a few hours time; season eleven announced. I must be psychic.

Fox and Dana should be knocking on your door any minute now........but then you knew that. ;)

• BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    edited April 2017 Posts: 9,020
    The X-Files on Blu-ray:
    Needless to say, the picture and sound quality is brilliant.
    Also the artwork is beautiful, I love it.

full.jpg
    full.jpg
    full.jpg
    full.jpg
    full.jpg

What great, great news for all loyal X-Files fans!

There will be another season with David and Gillian. I could not be happier, I liked the 6 episodes very much, they are a huge gift to all fans.
    Season 10 was mixed though felt it was too short, ten episodes is about right for a good story to be told so definitely in for season 11.
    I took the 6 episodes as a gift to the fans. As such I liked them well enough.

People who think they will get the X-Files of the nineties back will again be in for disappointment.
    I think the same will happen with Twin Peaks. People have wrong expectations.
    I hope season 11 screws season 10 over the way season ten screwed all the previous seasons over, but that is maybe too much to hope for?
  • edited April 2017 Posts: 4,622
    I hope season 11 screws season 10 over the way season ten screwed all the previous seasons over, but that is maybe too much to hope for?

Yes
    the the first episode of season 10
    basically debunked all 9 seasons worth of alien stuff. I don't think I could watch my complete series Dvd collection again,now knowing that the whole alien conspiracy, that Mulder so diligently pursued, was all along, a retconned government hoax
    timmer wrote: »

Yes
    the the first episode of season 10
    basically debunked all 9 seasons worth of

Mulders 180 was totally implausible for sure
    It makes no sense whatsoever if you go back and watch the former seasons, which I am doing now. I don t consider season 10 canon at all, if they stick to this narrative.
    The X-Files has a long history of contradicting itself. I had no problems at all with series 10.
    Season 10 was fun and quirky XFiles, but it wiped out all that had been built up over 9 tense seasons of adventure, mystery and discovery.

And worse, it was so obviously a full-on, after the fact, not remotely planned in advance, retcon.
    The mother of all bs retcons in fact. Right up there with, "it was all just a dream"

By comparison, the SP retcon seems almost skillfully, and deftly plotted in advance. Not!
    It makes no sense whatsoever if you go back and watch the former seasons, which I am doing now. I don t consider season 10 canon at all, if they stick to this narrative.
    Right, Season 10 can't be taken seriously, considering what came before.
    Seasons 1-9 were methodically mapped out and executed over time, not to mention The Lone Gunmen spin-off too.

Season 10 is a joke and needs to chunked aside as a bad dream, at least the alien conspiracy part does.
    I am so chuffed that we are going to get another 10 episodes of this classic show. Especially with that cliffhanger!!! :bz
    "Ice" was great episode. Reminiscent of The Thing.
  • JohnHammond73JohnHammond73 Lancashire, UK
    edited June 2017 Posts: 4,151
    Ice is a great episode. I'm on an X Files Rewatch at the moment. Currently watching Grotesque from Season 3.
  • edited June 2017 Posts: 11,119
    You have this one already @BondJasonBond006 :-)?
    http://www.ebay.nl/itm/The-X-Files-The-Event-Series-Blu-Ray-2016-Season-10-New-and-Sealed-/252792722299?hash=item3adb9ed37b:g:yEcAAOSw-4BXbPXY
    [img][/img]HtE7G5w.jpg

By the way, it'll be quite weird though. New "Star Trek" TV Series, 15 episodes, and later this year a full new 11th season for "The X-Files" with 10 episodes:
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0106179/episodes?season=11

It's like the 90'sare back again :-O.
    Yes I got the Blu-ray of the six X-Files episodes :)

And I liked them!! Can't wait for more.

People who want to see a guy repeating every word in a 15 minute sequence and call that "superior" TV can watch TP until they drop dead haha...

I'll stick to The X-Files.

My final verdict on TP will be done only after I got through the season, if I'm not dead or boredom until then.
    You have this one already @BondJasonBond006 :-)?
    http://www.ebay.nl/itm/The-X-Files-The-Event-Series-Blu-Ray-2016-Season-10-New-and-Sealed-/252792722299?hash=item3adb9ed37b:g:yEcAAOSw-4BXbPXY
    [img][/img]HtE7G5w.jpg

By the way, it'll be quite weird though. New "Star Trek" TV Series, 15 episodes, and later this year a full new 11th season for "The X-Files" with 10 episodes:
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0106179/episodes?season=11

It's like the 90'sare back again :-O.

Both of those TV facts are music to my ears!
    "Space" was another home run for the first season.
    Is "Fallen Angel" the best episode of Season One?
    R. Lee Ermey and Ryan Reynolds both show up in very short roles in season 3. They both die before the titles in their respective episodes.
    By the way, it might be a good idea to rename the topic into:

"The X-Files" - Production season 11, 10 episodes
    edited June 2017 Posts: 9,020
    Robertson wrote: »
    Is "Fallen Angel" the best episode of Season One?

My favourite series one episodes are:

Episode Number, Title
    1 Pilot
    2 Deep Throat
    3 Squeeze
    8 Ice
    10 Fallen Angel
    13 Beyond The Sea
    17 E.B.E.
    20 Darkness Falls
    21 Tooms
    24 The Erlenmeyer Flask

in bold the best three imho
    underlined my guilty pleasure episodes
    "Fire" was a great episode too. I'll be watching "Beyond the Sea" tonight.
    I was tempted to put Fire in the list I must say.
    Ok, so we are getting a new full Season of X-Files

This is good,but I am still trying to get my head around the fact that we now live in an X-Files world, where there are no space-aliens.
    It was all just a big government hoax.
    OK, whatever. Mulder was duped all these years, and so were we.
    Mulder has been duped so many times. Might have been duped even in season 10. I know for a fact, that there are aliens. Some of my close friends are not from this planet. So X-Files, too, must have some aliens. There also were many of those hoax aliens and then the real ones, who were too alien to be hoax.