ACTING BEHIND THE MASK: DANIEL CRAIG'S INSPIRED PERFORMANCE IN SPECTRE'S PTS

2»

Comments

• ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    Originally, @Milovy, an earlier draft had Bond wearing a commando gear in the Mexican segment of the film. But, they later changed it to a suit because they wanted him to feel like totally Bond from head to toe.
    @ClarkDevlin Did not know that. They made the right choice. Mexico City wasn't the right place for commando gear.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    Agreed!
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Milovy wrote: »
    @doubleoego You mean me? I found it useful to differentiate between the different pieces of the suit for the sake of discussion. Why do you ask?

Figured it would be easier to say suit instead of saying shirt, tie, trousers and jacket
    :D
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    Every time I see the SPECTRE PTS I think, wow...not even Connery would have been better in that.
  • suavejmfsuavejmf Harrogate, North Yorkshire, England
    Every time I see the SPECTRE PTS I think, wow...not even Connery would have been better in that.

True.
  • NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada
    I love Spectre's PTS. The way Craig moves in the mask and skeleton suit are perfect. Something I have wondered about, however: does anyone else find it strange that Bond pulls off the skeleton print coat, tie, shirt and pants - all in a matter of seconds, almost like they're tear-away clothing - only to reveal another coat, tie, shirt and pants underneath? I can't imagine how uncomfortable it would be to wear two sets of clothing like that!

Of course, they want to have Bond wearing Tom Ford throughout the PTS, gotta keep up that product placement deal... The moment also reminds me of Connery removing the wet suit and revealing a white tux in Goldfinger.

But perhaps it would have been better if Bond had simply removed the skeleton print coat before going out on the rooftops. Then undo his tie, throw it aside as he walks, and spend the rest of the PTS in a black shirt and pants. I imagine he would have looked quite cool in all black. (And I always thought it odd that he spends the entire PTS, running and fighting, in a coat and tie. But then again, these are Bond movies after all...)

I think it was just a bit of magical realism for fun, or he was wearing the TF suit under the skeleton suit.

I feel the same way as OP; I turn on Spectre to watch the PTS and before I know it the movie's over, there's just no good place to turn it off.
  • edited April 2017 Posts: 11,425
    The PTS in SP is excellent. One of the best in the series.
    @doubleoego You mean me? I found it useful to differentiate between the different pieces of the suit for the sake of discussion. Why do you ask?

Surely if your talking about a lounge suit then it's a 'jacket' not a 'coat'?