007 references in popular culture

Comments

• Major_BoothroydMajor_Boothroyd Republic of Isthmus
    edited November 2016 Posts: 2,721
    Jason Vorhees gun barrel - one of the many reasons part 6 is my favourite Friday the 13th films.
    @IncompetentHenchman will agree!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=7rlW38INlCQ
  • Jason Vorhees gun barrel - one of the many reasons part 6 is my favourite Friday the 13th films.
    @IncompetentHenchman will agree!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=7rlW38INlCQ

Hear, hear!
  • edited December 2016 Posts: 4,622
    Arrow Season 4 , 2016
    Willa Holland as Thea Queen, aka Team Arrow fighter girl, Speedy, openly worries about the team not offing a villain, that they've just taken down.
    She doesn't want them to have Bond supervillain regret.

== again I will provide exact quote and episode for posterity, when I am done with the season.
    The viewing is so riveting, that I am driven forward.
    GoldenGun wrote: »
    When the guys from Top Gear make a trip through Ukraine, at a certain point they play one of Serra's music pieces for the GE soundtrack.

They used Bond music a lot on Top Gear.
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    THE 007 reference.

Bashir, Julian Bashir.
    full.jpg

Mona Luvsitt
    full.jpg

Hippocrates Noah, Falcon, Garak
    full.jpg

Anastasia Komananov in the background on the bed
    full.jpg

and my personal favourite: Honey Bare
    full.jpg
    full.jpg

a game of Baccara with Duchamps, Anastasia and Bon...Bashir.
    full.jpg
    One episode of Lois and Clark had Dean Cain and Terri Hatcher playing a skit based on James Bond once. Kinda hilarious in hindsight, now that I think about it, no ?
  • edited December 2016 Posts: 5,772
    And here's the clip :

"The name is Man. Superman." :))
    As unconvincing as Bond as he was as Superman.
  • JohnHammond73JohnHammond73 Lancashire, UK
    Just watching The Santa Clause with my daughter and we both chuckled when SC is drinking a cocoa that is not too hold, extra chocolate and........wait for it.........shaken, not stirred.
  • edited December 2016 Posts: 4,622
    Gerard wrote: »
    And here's the clip :

That is funny! Miss Goodbottom! :))
    The future, actual Bond Girl, is having a Bond inspired dream.
  • gt007gt007 Station G
    Gerard wrote: »
    And here's the clip :

Interesting bit of trivia there. Thanks for sharing. Haven't seen that show in ages. Looks a bit corny now to be honest, but I used to like it as a kid.
  • gt007gt007 Station G
    A nice little reference from Doctor Who:

Love how he acts a bit annoyed at first, but instantly turns to loving the comparison.
    Just watching Gremlins & the character played by Judge Reinhold has just ordered a vodka Martini, "shake, don't stir" he says.
  • Dalton_FishersDalton_Fishers Barcelona
    edited January 2017 Posts: 17
    Nobody has mentioned this one? I love it! (Specially because it starts with "TDalt" :D

Paul Rudd in "I Love You, Man"
    https://youtu.be/mQsmjnWAFVc
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    I frickin' love that film.
  • edited January 2017 Posts: 4,622
    A couple of references from last years Supergirl Season One.
    The DC TV producers do have a Bond sensibility as we have seen similar references creep into the Arrow series as well. Maybe Flash too, I can't remember.

From Supergirl Season 1, Episode #3 Fight or Flight, 2015
    "Look at you in your big-boy suit, like James Bond making a living playing with toy trains"
    Calista Flockhart as Cat Grant to Peter Facinelli as Maxwell Lord

From Supergirl S1 Episode #9 Blood Bonds, 2016

"Do you think insulting my ego, is going to get me to spill like some Bond villain?"
    Peter Facinelli as Maxwell Lord to Mehcad Brooks as James Olsen.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Some of these references are downright cringey.

Nice to see Dalton get a mention in I Love You, Man, though.
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    Here's a nice irony:

In this week's episode of The Blacklist: Redemption, Famke Jansson makes a quip about a spy's clothes, to which he replies, "I left my James Bond suit at home." ;)
    edited March 2017 Posts: 4,151
    Just watching a movie called Knock Off (a Van Damme effort) and the character played by Rob Schneider has just given us his best Connery impression.

Oh, the movie is awful by the way but i have to see it through now.
  • Agent_99Agent_99 enjoys a spirited ride as much as the next girl
    One of my favourite songs by one of my favourite artistes: Nancy Sinatra's 'Last of the Secret Agents' - who, we are informed, is so hopeless "he thinks James Bond's some kind of suit".

The horns in that song are very Bond inspired as well. Fitting that the chanteuse of one of the great Bond title songs, would also do an energetic spy spoof track.
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    edited April 2017 Posts: 12,914
    Growing up outside Albany, NY, there was the local band named Blotto that had a minor hit, novelty song back in the 80s called "(I Wanna Be a) Lifeguard".

Better for me was "Goodbye, Mr. Bond" which gets so many things right.
    Some kind soul made a slick 21st Century video to it.

• JamesBondKenyaJamesBondKenya Danny Boyle laughs to himself
    trainspotting has a ton of references, T2 hasn't released here yet but i'd be willing to bet it does too. has anyone seen it yet?
  • MalloryMallory Do mosquitoes have friends?
    trainspotting has a ton of references, T2 hasn't released here yet but i'd be willing to bet it does too. has anyone seen it yet?

I saw it a while back, the only reference I can remember is the use of a piece of John Barry's Bond music (I think it was from FRWL) during a sequence.
    I saw it about a month ago as well,when I bought the DVD.

I didn't catch much at all re Bond,but maybe I missed it.
  • Agent_99Agent_99 enjoys a spirited ride as much as the next girl
    A friend sent me this, from the day's New York Times crossword (he later informed me he had also found Roger):

211647_600.jpg
    Once in the 60s, Petula Clark did a funny song about James Bond. Well, the secret agents that preceeded him. Here it is :

And here are the lyrics :

https://musikiwi.com/paroles/petula-clark-agent,secret,721344.html

• 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Poor George.
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    Poor George.

I'm sure he and Barry Nelson still come up in pub quizzes though so it's not all bad news. :)
    Dragonpol wrote: »
    Poor George.

I'm sure he and Barry Nelson still come up in pub quizzes though so it's not all bad news. :)

I don't even count Nelson, so maybe I'm part of the problem here? Still, it's OHMSS for Fleming's sake. Give the man his due.