Feedback and Suggestions V2

Comments

• PropertyOfALadyPropertyOfALady Colders Federation CEO
    I'll add my name to the 'Why am I logged out' list.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Computers are stupid, they do stupid things. I think we're a long way towards mystery solved here.
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    Computers are stupid, they do stupid things. I think we're a long way towards mystery solved here.

Exact quote from one of my law lecturers about ten years ago!
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    I on the other hand, Respect our Cyborg overlords. ;)
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    Naah, the Martians did it, I'm sure. ;)
    I blame the chem trails...
    Have no fear, for Duck Dodgers is here.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"

Everyone knows that it's the lizard people who rule us. Cyborgs? Don't be cute.

Everyone knows that it's the lizard people who rule us. Cyborgs? Don't be cute.
    featured-8-625x352.jpg
    Wow, some good looking overlords ! ;)
    tumblr_obtdlqyUGy1tu6tfso6_r1_500.gif
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Let's keep it on topic, everyone.
    An example of a Mod coming to the rescue, that's pretty good feedback . ;)
  • BMW_with_missilesBMW_with_missiles All the usual refinements.
    I get signed out all the time, both on my Google Chromebook and my iPhone. It seems to happen at random intervals and more frequently on my iPhone.
    I assumed​ it was a monthly thing ?
    I wonder if you log in from a different computer/phone if you are logged out of the one you're currently logged in on.
    edited March 2017 Posts: 3,000
    I wonder if you log in from a different computer/phone if you are logged out of the one you're currently logged in on.

I don't think so. I'm always signed in on both my Chromebook and my phone, sometimes using both devices simultaneously for some tasks. One doesn't seem to log the other out.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    Yes, the mods here are brilliant. There's spam on the pages at times, yes, but the mod team are not full of pre-cogs and thus they can't readily predict when spam posts will go up. They rely on us to flag the rubbish and alert them to its presence so that it can be dealt with in a timely manner. It must not be forgotten that they have actual lives away from the forums as well, and can't be here at all hours of the day. Accept for @DarthDimi, at least. I believe they strap him with chain to a chair and sit him in front of a computer screen, with two pee breaks a day. That's the rumor, anyway.

@0BradyM0Bondfanatic7, that rumor is sadly incorrect.
    I only get one pee break.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    And you are not a pre-cog. You only guess.
    Again, I have a complaint to submit. Apologies if it comes off repetitive and as rude by now, but this auto-save draft is really really really bothering me and is definitely slowing down the process of my IP loading this page for too many minutes.

I understand some of the users here find the Auto-saving action very useful, but clearly for me this isn't the case. Just the opposite and as such is slowing me down. I hope there'd be an option in the personal preference settings (for each user) to switch the Automatic Save Draft on or off. Thank you.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    There is an error in your request. Please try again later.
    There is an error in your request. Please try again later.
    giphy.gif
    [Saved as draft]
    Again, I have a complaint to submit. Apologies if it comes off repetitive and as rude by now, but this auto-save draft is really really really bothering me and is definitely slowing down the process of my IP loading this page for too many minutes.

I understand some of the users here find the Auto-saving action very useful, but clearly for me this isn't the case. Just the opposite and as such is slowing me down. I hope there'd be an option in the personal preference settings (for each user) to switch the Automatic Save Draft on or off. Thank you.

Not only am I still having the occasional auto-save glitch on mobile, now I'm having a unique version of it on my Chromebook too. While I'm writing a draft, I'll notice the "save draft" button will fog over, as it does when auto-saving, but it will stay fogged for a long time, then it will corrupt the screen, and sometimes post my unfinished draft. It also fails to save the draft.

This was a screenshot I took of it a while back;
    Screenshot%202016-12-04%20at%209.00.25%20PM_zpsyimzzjgt.png
    @BMW_with_missiles, I get that from time to time, but you can still get through the corrupted screen wall to copy your post and save it. It's inconvenient, but not a big deal for me.
    @BMW_with_missiles, I get that from time to time, but you can still get through the corrupted screen wall to copy your post and save it. It's inconvenient, but not a big deal for me.

Yeah, that's what I do. I just find it a bit strange.
    The site has definitely been wonky, or wonkier, as of late. I assume this isn't just my experience, judging from recent complaints.
  • I don't really seem to be having any of those sort of problems. Most of the time when I'm on here, I'm using my phone. Yeah sometimes it does log me out, but doesn't really bother me. Seems to run fine on my laptop also
    Strange new glitch for me. The B25 production diary thread is always fogged out like I've read it, even after new posts. I've only noticed it on mobile, but I'll have to check on my laptop.
    Strange new glitch for me. The B25 production diary thread is always fogged out like I've read it, even after new posts. I've only noticed it on mobile, but I'll have to check on my laptop.

It's cursed, obviously. But we've known that since it was created.