Feedback and Suggestions V2

Comments

• ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    Gold_160s.png?v=1413891922
  • edited March 2017 Posts: 19,339
    Thank you chaps....that actually is very good tea,and the gold blend...160 bags...at 2 bags a time in my tea,thats 80 cups...
    And being half Irish it will hit the spot even more !
    Perhaps you should have been called 'barrytea007'
    That was an impressive ad-lib actually ...made me laugh ..bravo.
  • PropertyOfALadyPropertyOfALady Colders Federation CEO
    Or if you wanted to go the full tea route.... Berrytea007. Like the flavour.

You're welcome!
    Sounds spiffing.....fruity and hot....just like me .
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    barryt007 wrote: »
    Tea is fantastic....bravo Brady.....Bond had an off day.

@barryt007, it'd be interesting to look into why Bond hates tea in the novels. Maybe Fleming saw the beverage as having an aristocratic ancestry, and decided that Bond was too counter-culture to sip a drink meant for the elite, he being a mere foot soldier for a secret government service.

It would make sense that Fleming thought that, considering that the sight of Windsor tie knots was enough to put him over the edge.
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    Funnily enough, tea has always been my favorite beverage.

Me too. I differ from Bond on that regard, and many others!
    I can only surmise that maybe Fleming hated tea and passed that onto the Bond character ?
  • MrcogginsMrcoggins Following in the footsteps of Quentin Quigley.
    edited March 2017 Posts: 3,144
    Quite so Barry he would never drink tea Blue Mountain coffee was his cup of choice.
    Ive just had my morning cup lovely stuff .
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Im never corrected on here with my spelling..if i was then i would have reported it,as that would have annoyed me !

@barryt007, there should be a full stop after "spelling". You have a new sentence starting with "If", with a capital I.
    Im never corrected on here with my spelling..if i was then i would have reported it,as that would have annoyed me !

@barryt007, there should be a full stop after "spelling". You have a new sentence starting with "If", with a capital I.

Hahaha bugger off Dr @Thunderfinger

I can only surmise that maybe Fleming hated tea and passed that onto the Bond character ?

Yes, he certainly did. He said it was responsible for the downfall of the British Empire no less!
    Aaaah well there it is then...mystery solved.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    Just a question.

Why does the site sign me out automatically from time to time? I never sign out from here.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Just a question.

Why does the site sign me out automatically from time to time? I never sign out from here.

I think it happens to everyone from time to time. It certainly does me.
    Another thing: If I follow a link out of here, everything is weird when I return. Usernames won t show, for instance. I have to exit the whole board and reenter. Strange.
    Just a question.

If you run a pc cleaner, it will automatically sign you out of everything. Could that be it? Or maybe you have a security system that runs automatically and sees the connection as a potential threat?
    Just a question.

I think it happens to everyone from time to time. It certainly does me.
    I see. Thanks, mate.
    Just a question.

If you run a pc cleaner, it will automatically sign you out of everything. Could that be it? Or maybe you have a security system that runs automatically and sees the connection as a potential threat?
    No antivirus or newly installed program. Just the regular Windows 10 Protection System.
    Neither of these things happen to me,but my laptop is a Google Chromebook..maybe the site works better on Chrome ?
    I always use Google Chrome. But, it doesn't matter which browser I use. On my iPhone, it's the Safari. Both sign me out from time to time. I'm guessing it's an internet cookie thing?
    Mmmmm thats all it can be then,i think..unless i personally sign out ,i'm always logged in..weird.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    If something is clearing your cache automatically, I believe it will log you out.
    Must be that. Even though, there's no clear evidence of the cache being cleared out. Is it a regularity with Chrome?
    No, I have Chrome. Never happens to me. Maybe the mods don t like you.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited March 2017 Posts: 23,883
    Must be that. Even though, there's no clear evidence of the cache being cleared out. Is it a regularity with Chrome?
    No, it shouldn't be. I use chrome and manually clear it out from time to time to improve performance. So perhaps a protection program you have is set to do this automatically?

The way to check if this is what's happening is to see if it logs you out of everything you're in (including email accounts) at the same time. It shouldn't be selective.

Another possibility is that the MI6 site itself logs us out after a period of inactivity (like bank sites do). I don't normally stay logged in and inactive for too long though, so wouldn't know. I'll try it today and see what happens.
    No, I have Chrome. Never happens to me. Maybe the mods don t like you.
    giphy.gif
    bondjames wrote: »
    No, it shouldn't be. I use chrome and manually clear it out from time to time to improve performance. So perhaps a protection program you have is set to do this automatically?

The way to check if this is what's happening is to see if it logs you out of everything you're in (including email accounts) at the same time. It shouldn't be selective.

Another possibility is that the MI6 site itself logs us out after a period of inactivity (like bank sites do). I don't normally stay logged in and inactive for too long though, so wouldn't know. I'll try it today and see what happens.
    It's not really something new. It's been happening on my older operating system, as well. Although, it could be the case of my default Windows Protection program doing the wonders.

I'm rarely inactive here. Well, like any other social media, I come to the site at least once in every 30 minutes. So, I don't think that'd be the reason. Ah well.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    I've never been signed out automatically. In fact there are times where I thought I logged out and when I get on the next day, I'm still logged in.
    Murdock wrote: »
    I've never been signed out automatically. In fact there are times where I thought I logged out and when I get on the next day, I'm still logged in.

Maybe you exited the page before you were properly logged out?
    Yes, I've had the logged out thing happen to me too at times though I thought it was my computer just doing something strange. Interesting to hear that It's a shared experience of members here.