New Aston Martin DB11: James Bond's New Ride? - Everything Aston Martin

Comments

Boring...new Bond...new car. James needs to drive Alfa Romeos for a while. He always has the DB5.
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    An Alfa,. He'll need to have a mechanic with him at all times. :D
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    Sanchairs wrote: »
    Boring...new Bond...new car. James needs to drive Alfa Romeos for a while. He always has the DB5.

How about this one then? AM-RB001

http://www.f1fanatic.co.uk/2016/07/05/aston-martin-unveils-adrian-neweys-f1-beating-rb-001/

• edited December 2016 Posts: 820
    I got from WhiteBox models is the Aston Martin DB4 the DB5 predecessor & GLM original Limo Lagonda. The current Vanquish has been upgraded to Vanquish S. Now We wait next year to see the V8 Vantage.
    edited December 2016 Posts: 1,575
    ASTONMARTINVanquish-1477_10.jpg

ASTONMARTINVanquish-1477_9.jpg

This is my favourite aston. Great styling.
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    A lovely video by Autotrader with a Bond-theme and starring A DB11

Agent7F wrote: »
    . Now We wait next year to see the V8 Vantage.
    I just read The DB11 Convertible Volante is proto-type in Auto-express But rumoured
    That we may be on sale in 2018 but before that we might see end of the next year 2017. But I thought it might be released next year before the next V8 Vantage.
    We'll see, i hope so. Looking foreward to that version!
  • w2bondw2bond is indeed a very rare breed
    The DB11 should've been the star of the show. Instead they flog a dead car
    Well the DB10 was a special request from the producers, it wasn't Aston's idea. Perhaps in the new film we'll see the pre-production new DBS. AFAK they haven't started the process for the new film yet and Aston will perhaps bring the new DBS to 2019 or something.
    http://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/motor-shows-geneva-motor-show/aston-martin-plots-mid-engined-488-rival-2021-launch
    Yep Aston Martin are thinking of hypercar.You saw in this year Geneva motor show. That is great. Now about the V8 Vantage replacement we won't see that till end of the year. We don't about Vanquish replacement whether it remind as Vanquish or whether DBS revives or another name. I yesterday got my scale 1:18 Autoart Aston Martin Vanquish & V8 Vantage too which look like the Living Daylights which was driven by Timothy Dalton who debut as James Bond in that 007 movie.
    Not much of a hypercar fan myself, I like the GT's more. Still, developing the cars will help the GT's too. The replacing of the Vanquish will probably be in two or three years'time, it just had a facelift. The V8 is first after the DB9-11 transition.
  • PropertyOfALadyPropertyOfALady Colders Federation CEO
    edited March 2017 Posts: 3,675
    Gy7qy0T.jpg

wilnPNW.jpg

MwkSO0y.jpg

At the Twin Cities Auto Show this weekend, 18 March.
  • cwl007cwl007 England
    There is a little watched show in the UK called Top Gear!, on last Sunday's show there was a film on the DB11, what a stunning looking car. I'm going to buy one as soon as available, in 1:18 scale. Find the show on iPlayer if in the UK, it's good.
  • MrcogginsMrcoggins Following in the footsteps of Quentin Quigley.
    Looks like someone had a good weekend @PropertyOfALady.
    It was very good! I loved it!
    I don't like the look of the black carbon fibre bottom bits at the front ,rear and back.
    It spoils the cars looks and looks cheap.
    I think Bond should not get any Aston Martin at all in the next Bond film.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    Eon really aren't getting rid of the DB10 anytime soon. They didn't make a bespoke sportscar with all that money just for one film with a mere five minute appearance.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited March 2017 Posts: 23,883
    I agree. I'm tired of them to be honest. Unfortunately, the brand has become as associated with Bond films as the Walther PPK so I doubt it will go anywhere.

I personally would prefer to see him in a classic car from a different brand, like a Bentley (rappers, footballers and chavs thankfully don't drive the classic ones as far as I'm aware). After all, Connery himself did that in FRWL. Then use a regular car which he finds somewhere for a requisite chase (like he did in OP).
    Eon really aren't getting rid of the DB10 anytime soon. They didn't make a bespoke sportscar with all that money just for one film with a mere five minute appearance.
    Sad, but probably true. What a waste.
    @Property can't see the pictures because of my employer's internet settings sadly. Saw one on the Autobahn though while going on wintersport. Life the car is even better looking then on pictures, and the sound is just fantastic. I sure hope Bond will drive the DB11
    I think it's unlikely they will use the DB10 again. The sold half of them anyway. I love AM and the DB11 is a distinctly different car then the DB9 (family). Bond should drive an expensive GT, and Mercs or BMW's are just too average. Bentley's indeed too much footballers cars. Ferrari's are too flashy and Alfa's too cheap (allthough I love Alfa's, got one myself).
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    Ferrari's are too flashy and Alfa's too cheap (allthough I love Alfa's, got one myself).
    My compliments. I've been looking at the Giulia (love the name).
    They are fantastic to drive, really wouldn't want anything else anymore, except perhaps for a BMW. Got a 156 myself. One of the prettiest cars made in the last 30 years. And she still goes like the devil.
    The Giulia does get raving reviews. I would sure test drive one. Perhaps I'll buy one next year, but I have other long-term projects on the books first.
  • GoldenGunGoldenGun Per ora e per il momento che verrà
    bondjames wrote: »
    Ferrari's are too flashy and Alfa's too cheap (allthough I love Alfa's, got one myself).
    My compliments. I've been looking at the Giulia (love the name).

Glad I'm not the only fan! I adore Alfa Romeo, they ara a class of their own.
    @Property can't see the pictures because of my employer's internet settings sadly. Saw one on the Autobahn though while going on wintersport. Life the car is even better looking then on pictures, and the sound is just fantastic. I sure hope Bond will drive the DB11

Do you have an email address? I could send them to you.
  • Red_SnowRed_Snow Australia
    Quite a good interview with Aston Martin CEO Andy Palmer on 2GB this morning.
    2gb.com/podcast/aston-martin/

In addition to talking about the new car they're releasing in Australia, he talks about the brands fifty year association with Bond.
    I agree. I'm tired of them to be honest. Unfortunately, the brand has become as associated with Bond films as the Walther PPK so I doubt it will go anywhere.

I personally would prefer to see him in a classic car from a different brand, like a Bentley (rappers, footballers and chavs thankfully don't drive the classic ones as far as I'm aware). After all, Connery himself did that in FRWL. Then use a regular car which he finds somewhere for a requisite chase (like he did in OP).

If Daniel Craig doesn't return in Bond 25 I don't want to see the next Bond driving An Aston Martin. When Pierce Brosnan came in as Bond in 1995 I was glad he a BMW to a new Aston. The classic DB5 doesn't mean anything although in his last Bond movie he drove only a New Vanquish.
    Agent7F wrote: »

If Daniel Craig doesn't return in Bond 25 I don't want to see the next Bond driving An Aston Martin. When Pierce Brosnan came in as Bond in 1995 I was glad he a BMW to a new Aston. The classic DB5 doesn't mean anything although in his last Bond movie he drove only a New Vanquish.

No he didn't. He drove the DB5 in Goldfinger and Thunderball, and later in GE, TND and TWINE (parked at the funeral) and SF and SP.
    So 'it means nothing' is an odd statement, it obviously went from beeing the company car, to his personal car.
    Inbetween he drove a DBS in OHMSS, the V8 Vantage (TLD), the Vanquish (DAD) and DBS V12 in CR and QoS. And we got the exclusive-for-film DB10 in SP too. So in 12 of the 24 films Aston is represented. The link, one could say, therefore is strong.

And sorry, the BMW's were and are just not up for the task. The 7 series is a limo, not a GT, the 5 series a salespersons car and the 3 way too cheap for Bond. And anyone proposing Bond should drive an SUV should be **** because of lack of taste. But that's purely IMO of course ;-)

(yes, the I8 might actually be an option, but is already too old).