What James Bond film do you feel like watching?

Comments

• PrinceKamalKhanPrinceKamalKhan Monsoon Palace, Udaipur
    ohmss40 wrote:
    Always want to revisit OHMSS....love it.

CR is great.

<b>Guilty pleasure is Moonraker...always makes me smile.</b>

No reason to feel guilty. If MR makes you smile, then it succeeds at what it aims to do. Those 3 you mentioned are in my top 5.

• doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    For me Sundays put me in a Roger Moore mood. So as soon as I get myself home, gonna pop in octopussy.
    After watching OHMSS last night, I'm in the mood for DAF. It's quite an underrated follow up to OHMSS but I find it quite enjoyable. I would have liked at least one direct reference to Tracy and a more definite final exit for Blofeld but FYEO's PTS would later make up for that.
    doubleoego wrote:
    gonna pop in octopussy.

Hahaahahaha. Sigh. hahahahahahahahaahahahaha oh the jokes I could make.

• w2bondw2bond is indeed a very rare breed
    I would like to watch CR and QOS back to back but it's hard because it feels so disconnected
  • I actually feel like watching Thunderball right now, haven't seen it for some time

This could well be, no scrub that, IS, Connery's last decent run as 007, I would choose this over the NSNA remake any day of the week, and it has Luciana Paluzzi as one of my all time favorite Bond girls, I don't care if she was bad [-(

Now if I only had a copy..
    I actually feel like watching Thunderball right now, haven't seen it for some time

This could well be, no scrub that, IS, Connery's last decent run as 007, I would choose this over the NSNA remake any day of the week, and it has Luciana Paluzzi as one of my all time favorite Bond girls, I don't care if she was bad [-(

Ahoy, matey ;)
  • edited December 2011 Posts: 1,497
    Goldeneye is sitting in my netflix instant queue...just waiting...it's been a while since I'v seen it.
    @PrinceKamalKhan: That video of Property of a Lady was quite impressive! A real shame it hadn't been done between LTK and GE. Dalton deserved a third.

As of now, I feel like watching The World is not Enough.
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    edited December 2011 Posts: 13,879
    I actually feel like watching Thunderball right now, haven't seen it for some time

Agreed. Luciana was indeed something else, and let's be honest here- Thunderball had the hottest Bond girls of all. And if you don't have a copy, @Baltimore_007- I'll gladly watch it for you, followed by a very cold shower.
    w2bond wrote:
    I would like to watch CR and QOS back to back but it's hard because it feels so disconnected

Agreed. Why make a Bond film that's meant to be a continuation of the previous one but use a different director, photographer, designer, etc., with different visions? It's like if the different LOTR series entries had been directed by different directors. They wouldn't feel like the same story.

Music to my ears. TB's my favorite Bond film so I definitely have a copy.
    00Beast wrote:
    @PrinceKamalKhan: That video of Property of a Lady was quite impressive! A real shame it hadn't been done between LTK and GE. Dalton deserved a third.

Agreed. And a fourth. If only.....

• I think Thunderball is the most boring James Bond movie, but right now I feel like giving it a new chance. :)

I do it every year.
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    edited December 2011 Posts: 13,879
    BangOnTime wrote:
    I think Thunderball is the most boring James Bond movie, but right now I feel like giving it a new chance. :)

I do it every year.

Go on- strike that Thunderball. :D
    BangOnTime wrote:
    I think Thunderball is the most boring James Bond movie, but right now I feel like giving it a new chance. :)

I do it every year.

I felt the same way the first time I ever saw it. I fell asleep in fact, though Kettle One could have had something to do with that. But it works well after you've seen the other Terrnece Young Bonds: Dr. No and From Russia With Love. I soon realized it is one of the quintessential Bonds.

• DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    BangOnTime wrote:

I do it every year.

It's one of the best Bond films in my book. So I'm happy you're willing to give it a chance, BangOnTime. Go get 'em, sport! ;-)

• I'll probably see it this weekend, with the help of a good night's sleep and a lot of coffee. ;)
    DarthDimi wrote:
    BangOnTime wrote:

I do it every year.

It's one of the best Bond films in my book. So I'm happy you're willing to give it a chance, BangOnTime. Go get 'em, sport! ;-)

Indeed, DD.

I've read for years how "dull and boring" TB supposedly is but I've never found it that way. I think Terence Young keeps the pace moving along very well. TWINE and AVTAK move a lot slower IMHO. I, like M says about Bond in the film, have an enthusiasm for water sports so that probably helps my enjoyment of it. Plus, it's got Connery at his slickest and most superconfident in the role with the most beautiful gallery of Bond girls to appear in a single Bond film(especially Volpe). It's the only Bond film to combine the stylish Young touch of the first 2 films with the big-budget Panavision epic-ness of later films like OHMSS, CR'06 and the Lewis Gilbert films.

GF. It's been catching a lot of flack lately but I think it's a Bond classic.
    DAF. Will be watching it tonight with some amigos.
  • royale65royale65 Caustic misanthrope reporting for duty.
    I really want to see From Russia With Love. But I’m saving it for next week; going round my gf house, and watch it there; we’re doing a Bondathon.

@PKK, I know, I’m starting to feel sorry for Goldfinger.
    :)
    ....I'm slipping in QOS, looking at the pic's from london yesterday I need a Dan Craig fix...!! ;)
    Believe it or not, I actually feel like watching DAD. After watching LALD this morning, I need a Bond movie with more satisfying action. Then again, YOLT and AVTAK look pretty good about now too. I'll probably end up watching either DAD or AVTAK though.
    OHMSS cos it's been snowing!
    LeChiffre wrote:
    OHMSS cos it's been snowing!

Lucky you! We haven't seen a drop of snow here, and it's getting on my nerves. I WANT A SNOW DAY SO BAD!
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Nothing quite at the moment, but if I had an order it'd be:

1)Thunderball
    2)FRWL
    3)GF(haven't watched it in Blu-ray yet *slap myself*)
    4)CR
    5)DN
    6)QoS

But the top three should be swept out to be viewed soon. My friend says we should have a little Connery infused Bondathon, and I never pass a Connery Bondathon up. ;)
    After I finally finish watching OP, having watched it in sections due to time constraints, I feel like watching Dr. No, The Living Daylights, License to Kill, and Quantum of Solace. Believe it or not, I kind of feel like watching Moonraker too.
    As said I've already seen a Bond movie today but another can't be far ahead

I do feel as of now, Live and Let Die may well be the next in line, been meaning to watch it again, but went with one of the most recent instead. Also, it's a bit of a stretch, but From Russia With Love is another I have been thinking about. Saying all that I'll probably scrap them both and end up with Moonraker or something. I could use a laugh..
    All of them as i am a complete nutter!!!!!!!! 8-}
    TMWTGG and DAD, but I haven´t seen TMWTGG in like 4 days, so that one wins. DAD I watched 2 days ago.
    Any of them! I'll even take DAD! It's been too long...