All Bets On Bond - Connery's DAF interview in Las Vegas

JamesPageJamesPage Administrator, Moderator, Director
edited March 2011 in MI6 Headlines & Feedback Posts: 1,380
MI6 uncovers a rare interview with Sean Connery on location in Las Vegas for "Diamonds Are Forever" filming in July 1971...

<blockquote>"If I weren't in shape I would be by now. The first week I didn't get any sleep at all. We shot every night, I caught all the shows and played golf all day. On the weekend I collapsed - boy, did I collapse. Like a skull with legs."</blockquote>

http://www.mi6-hq.com/sections/articles/history_press_daf_sean_connery_las_vegas_interview.php3

Comments

That´s a great pic of the man without the hairpiece.
    I don´t know if it is part of the difficulty of interpreting interview bits, but in this interview, Connery seems to me a bit weird, not unlike Brosnan in interviews.
    "It's a schedule that might lead one to believe Connery is just barely going through the Bond motions for the money - which he adamantly denies. "Oh, I think there's still some juice left in the old role," he says. "Besides, it's a very good job. One is very well paid."
    It's nice to hear him say that he actually had some confidence in the role, even though he still goes on to admit the money ain't bad.

It also sounds like he was working hard on this production rather than simply phoning it in, as many have suggested regarding his performance.

• Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    Quoting JBFan626: It also sounds like he was working hard on this production rather than simply
    phoning it in, as many have suggested regarding his performance.

In Diamonds Are Forever? Connery works hard and looks like he's having fun. It's good to know he took the job because he thought there was something left in the role and not just for the money.

Good find MI6, I hope moore are on the way. ;-)
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    So the toupe was the real reason Connery left Bond.