Last James Bond track or theme you listened to...

Comments

• MurdockMurdock The minus world
    @BMW_with_missiles, Thank you very much. :)
  • edited January 2017 Posts: 6,432
    Murdock wrote: »
    Thanks @fire_and_Ice, I also did a second version using music from 007 Blood Stone. :)
    Some awesome cues
    =D>

Edited: Watched it a few times that was excellent @Murdock
    Make that four times, not a fan of Newman :\
  • edited January 2017 Posts: 6,432

This track is awesome =D>
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    Not wanting to sound too cynical but sometimes I think women are only good for one thing....

TMWTGG, I admit it gladly, is one of my favourite scores/soundtrack. Barry uses the title track quite often which is great!
    Last track I listened to was hamburg break in. Music is on shuffle so could be anything right now!
  • edited February 2017 Posts: 6,432
    Listening to Ride to Atlantis fits the tone of the scene well, it's hit and miss the TSWLM score, personally think there are great themes Bond77 and The Tanker stand out.
    Defusing the Bomb - Octopussy.
    I really like this piece, only I prefer the real one! It has a more pulsating feel and a suspenseful, rising trumpet melody not heard elsewhere, that climaxes at just the right moment (when Bond says "there's a bomb in there!") and paves the way for the bomb defusal bit.

I just listen to these cues from the original audio tracks, SFXs and all. It's the real thing, after all, and with 5.1 sound you can hear certain instruments more clearly than others on some channels, which helps to better understand and appreciate how these pieces are orchestrated.
  • thedovethedove hiding in the Greek underworld
    Into Miami from Goldfinger is currently playing as I type this! Short but full of brass and attitude! Barry was an amazing talent.
  • pachazopachazo Make Your Choice
    It's a great track. I can't even tell you how many times I've listened to it in the past month.
  • thedove wrote: »
    Into Miami from Goldfinger is currently playing as I type this! Short but full of brass and attitude! Barry was an amazing talent.

One of my favouraites, brilliant opening to the film post titles.

• stagstag In the thick of it!
    The theme to OHMSS. A great track.
  • edited February 2017 Posts: 4,023
    Defusing the Bomb - Octopussy.

@Murdock - Thanks for listening to that one.

I've been checking out some Thunderball.

• j_w_pepperj_w_pepper Born on the bayou. I can still hear my old hound dog barkin'.
    This morning, coming up from my car film music collection (128 GB of WMA Lossless, set to "random"): "Journey to Blofeld's Hideaway" from OHMSS.
    It all belongs to ze count.
  • RoadphillRoadphill United Kingdom
    @j_w_pepper This is the last one I have listened to also.

Maybe because it is fresh in the mind, but "Journey to Blofelds hideaway" has to be in any discussion involving John Barry's best ever piece of music
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited February 2017 Posts: 23,883
    I think this is the best piece of work on any Bond soundtrack. Nearly everything one could want from Barry is here with several changes of pace and motifs. Truly inspired composing and I can never tire of it.

EDIT: I agree on Journey to Blofeld's Hideaway as well. Tremendous stuff.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Another one of Barry's finest works, IMO. And not even included on the soundtrack!

• jake24 wrote: »
    Another one of Barry's finest works, IMO. And not even included on the soundtrack!

Agreed, @jake24. Barry's AVTAK is impossibly beautiful. There are other Bond scores that feel more epic or more fully rounded perhaps, like OHMSS or YOLT, but distilled down to its pivotal sound in moments like the one you posted there, Barry has never been better. Barry and Duran Duran are two of the very big reasons why I hold AVTAK in such high regard (Top 10, in fact). Christopher Walken, Roger Moore, Grace Jones, and Patrick Macnee help too, as well as the wonderful use of locations, but the music elevates the proceedings into improbably phenomenal territory.

Last Bond music listened to: Barry's unreleased approach to the Golden Gate Bridge
    Here's the best version of that track you can find, completely clean. All thanks to @Vzok. :-bd
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited February 2017 Posts: 23,883
    That's an incredible bit of music. Epic. AVTAK is a film I don't watch often enough. I must get to it soon. I've got a big Roger-thon planned for later this year.
  • edited February 2017 Posts: 6,844
    @Murdock, I have listened to and enjoyed that rendition of the cue many times thanks to @Vzok's work and your having posted it in the unreleased music thread. Much thanks, both!
    It's a great pleasure to bring rare and unreleased Bond music into the spotlight. :)
    Thanks for the thanks gentlemen.

The AVTAK album is missing quite a few great cues unfortunately.
    @Vzok, do you think it's possible to get a good rip of the cue where Mayday escapes from the wedding boat Bond falls into?
    @Vzok, do you think it's possible to get a good rip of the cue where Mayday escapes from the wedding boat Bond falls into?

I'll give it a listen.

Splendid!
    Not so splendid. I won't be able to get it completely clean. The first half sounds like it'll be decent, but then I might struggle to eliminate fx from the rest. But I can post something if you don't mind a bit of fx.
    I don't mind a little FX. Whatever you can do I'll gladly accept. :)
  • RoadphillRoadphill United Kingdom
    Here's the best version of that track you can find, completely clean. All thanks to @Vzok. :-bd
    Thanks @murdoch. Excellent stuff

I don't mind a little FX. Whatever you can do I'll gladly accept. :)

This is as good as it gets.