IMDb Bond Refugees

Comments

• ggl007ggl007 www.archivo007.com Spain, España
    @RichardTheBruce I understand, thanks. I felt that imdb was for cinema lovers and this is more for Bond experts and crazy lovers... like me.

Furthermore here we have good moderators and the good old IFM trick... You'll hear about it... ;)
  • RC7RC7
    Can't we redirect them to an Asian or South American forum?
  • Major_BoothroydMajor_Boothroyd Republic of Isthmus
    ggl007 wrote: »
    @RichardTheBruce I understand, thanks. I felt that imdb was for cinema lovers and this is more for Bond experts and crazy lovers... like me.

Furthermore here we have good moderators and the good old IFM trick... You'll hear about it... ;)

Yes, at the risk of sounding sycophantic - the mods here are excellent. Especially considering other message boards and forums around the web. It's not as automated as IMDB or trigger happy or vindictive as some boards. There are a couple of boards - particularly sporting ones I was on where the mods were driven by popularity or their cliques. Here they're reasoned and accountable - vital qualities in the enjoyment of any online community.

• Aziz_FekkeshAziz_Fekkesh Royale-les-Eaux
    edited February 2017 Posts: 403
    I've been here since just before SF came out. My handle on IMDb is A Friend of Sarah Connor. Welcome Shark, pking, jw pepper, Richard; rest assured, Mi6 forums, these are good lads with great perspectives on the series and are always open to good discussions. IMDb Bond forum regulars, this is a good place.

The reason I stopped posting on the IMDb forums was because it was infested with loser trolls. This place is thankfully a safe haven; trolls like kermode wouldn't last a week before being banned and if they tried making sock accounts/stupid discussions, those would be banned in short order as well, so the new comers have nothing to fear in that regard. Really I'm thankful more than anything that kermode will be shut up forever.
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    Could someone please provide a link to the IMDb Bond forum?

Or has it been dissolved?
  • j_w_pepperj_w_pepper Born on the bayou. I can still hear my old hound dog barkin'.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    I had no idea that there was an IMDB forum dedicated to the series as a whole. I always thought there was one for each individual film.
    IMDb Bond refugees might find this Facebook group of interest:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1811856615806472/
  • j_w_pepperj_w_pepper Born on the bayou. I can still hear my old hound dog barkin'.
    Dragonpol wrote: »
    IMDb Bond refugees might find this Facebook group of interest:/
    Thanks, but point is, I'm not on Facebook, am not going to be on Facebook, nor on Twitter, and think that the requirement of being on Facebook (as is necessary to post on some totally unrelated websites, such as HuffPost, in the meantime) is really the scourge of the Internet.
    j_w_pepper wrote: »
    Thanks, but point is, I'm not on Facebook, am not going to be on Facebook, nor on Twitter, and think that the requirement of being on Facebook (as is necessary to post on some totally unrelated websites, such as HuffPost, in the meantime) is really the scourge of the Internet.

Yes, I quite understand. I'm not the greatest fan of Facebook myself but I do have an account on it.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Birdleson wrote: »

Yes, I quite understand. I'm not the greatest fan of Facebook myself but I do have an account on it.

Oh BS, you love Facebook, I know, we're friends on there, remember?

Could this be the reason?
    Birdleson wrote: »

Oh BS, you love Facebook, I know, we're friends on there, remember? Always with your recipes and gardening tips! Come clean @Dragonpol .

Yes, I've been outed. My crazy cat videos are my shame!
  • TheSharkFromJawsTheSharkFromJaws Amity Island Waters
    I've been here since just before SF came out. My handle on IMDb is A Friend of Sarah Connor. Welcome Shark, pking, jw pepper, Richard; rest assured, Mi6 forums, these are good lads with great perspectives on the series and are always open to good discussions. IMDb Bond forum regulars, this is a good place.

The reason I stopped posting on the IMDb forums was because it was infested with loser trolls. This place is thankfully a safe haven; trolls like kermode wouldn't last a week before being banned and if they tried making sock accounts/stupid discussions, those would be banned in short order as well, so the new comers have nothing to fear in that regard. Really I'm thankful more than anything that kermode will be shut up forever.
    Good to be here! Seems like a great place.

Good to be here! Seems like a great place.

It sure is. The best.
  • RoadphillRoadphill United Kingdom

Yes I must admit, Kermode will not be missed. He was like a low-rent version of Altenba.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Roadphill wrote: »

Yes I must admit, Kermode will not be missed. He was like a low-rent version of Altenba.

It's a shame to hear that Mark went from being a respected critic to a despised forum troll. How the mighty can fall...
    I take it that the IMDb Bond forum will be archived for future Bond fan reference?
  • RoadphillRoadphill United Kingdom
    [quote="0BradyM0Bondfanatic7[/quote]

It's a shame to hear that Mark went from being a respected critic to a despised forum troll. How the mighty can fall...[/quote]

Believe me, that fellow was never respected.

• 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Roadphill wrote: »
    [quote="0BradyM0Bondfanatic7

It's a shame to hear that Mark went from being a respected critic to a despised forum troll. How the mighty can fall...[/quote]

Believe me, that fellow was never respected.

[/quote]

I fear my joke was too obscure...
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    Final Report.

I expected some final IMDb Message Board activity the evening of 19 February. That was not to be. IMDb shut down 7:23 PM EST that night. With their standard message that they were shutting down the next day 20 February.

Last noteworthy posts included TrevorAclea's recognition for the creation of the James Bond Board (at the behest of Rollo_Tomassi, I believe, who petitioned the admins). It was an improvement over using the latest/next Bond film as a gathering point, and added to useful discussion.

A chronic mischiefmaker also got his final comeuppance. His farewell post to the audience he trolled finally got a response--from the poster that some time back punked the punk by offering up to the world the accusation that Mr. mischief was involved in the studio fires at Pinewood. That generated some unexpected entertainment at the expense of mischief's thin skin and guilty conscience back in the day, and was totally appropriate to revisit in the final hours of messaging.

Anyway, mischief was miffed and deleted his original post, complaining about the "childish" and unfair response. But that didn't stop the deleted trail from getting bumped a couple times. A funny end.

And so:
    Oh, my God.
    (SIGHS)
    (CHUCKLES)
    (SIGHS)
    Of course.
    It had to be here.
    It had to be this way.
    Thank you.

Fair winds and following seas to the regulars and the irregulars. RTB, out.
    skyfall-burning.jpg
  • MooseWithFleasMooseWithFleas Philadelphia
    Welcome all IMDb Bond fans who are new to the Mi6 Community! I miss the IMDb boards already, but we have a great group here and all the Bondversation you could ever want.
    Welcome all IMDb Bond fans who are new to the Mi6 Community! I miss the IMDb boards already, but we have a great group here and all the Bondversation you could ever want.

Ooh, let's get a on that!
    Indeed ,welcome all IMDb Bond fans...welcome to the family.

Just don't eat all the biscuits.

Ooh, let's get a on that!

Yes, Weights and Measures will be on to us otherwise!
  • edited February 2017 Posts: 642
    Hello, everyone. This is ringfire from the ghost town of IMDB over in the next county (or is it parish?). I'm not in possession of rings or cards of any sort, but quite honestly I don't believe this is necessary in my case. I have GOLDFINGER in my top 4 which of course qualifies me as a REAL Bond fan. I believe these credentials speak for themselves. I am confident that fellow IMDBers like pking and shark and jay-dubya pepper and others will vouch for me.
    Ouch, @Birdleson. Where's your sympathy for a fellow GF lover?
  • pking_3pking_3 Punting under the Bridge of Sighs
    1. To reject anyone for the love of Goldfinger is telling.
    2. Ring, no need to be coy/espionagy. We know you are a key REAL cardholder, as well as bylaw tracker. Not that said cards seem to hold much weight here, but still.
    3. The REAL criteria holds to a method. Our methods are very exacting. We never like to speak until we're absolutely certain that there can be no possibility of error on our side or forgery on anyone else's.
  • edited February 2017 Posts: 6,682
    It's a shame to hear that Mark went from being a respected critic to a despised forum troll. How the mighty can fall...

Surely I can't be the only one who loved the IMDb Kermodes? Harmless, as well as funny in their absurd fascination with flared trousers, Wellington boots and Police Academy Movies. And those "film analyses"! I hesitate to even call them trolls.

Just me? I'll be on my way, then.

Edit: okay, maybe in some way, they were disruptive to the community in adding those fake movies to the database. But they weren't aggresive in message board conversations. They were, well... always reasonable and sensible.