Lets play : Spot the 'Adams' !!

in Actors Posts: 19,339
Lets have a serious look at this,all in one thread for once,as it has been talked about before but sporadically over threads on the forum here and not in one concentrated,dedicated thread.

So many theories and different places.

So,1985,AVTAK,San Francisco,Fishermans Wharf.......can anyone actually,properly,definately,spot Maud Adams ??

Comments

• jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Found her:

GW551H359
    Is that definitely her Jake ?...what about the bus rumour for example ?
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    edited December 2016 Posts: 10,586
    That's not her sitting down with the cream coloured hat on is it ?
    Don't think so.
    Bugger.
  • Yeah, I've always figured that was Maud walking down the wharf behind Bond and Lee, but was always confused by the rumors that she could be seen on the trolley. No idea who started that rumor or what they were smoking, but she's definitely not on the trolley.
    That is definitely Maud. Does anyone know who her partner was at the time? If so, we might be able to match his picture with the man standing next to her.
    Interesting.
    Scanning through the I've Never Noticed That Before thread, I came across this video posted by @TheWizardOfIce.

At 2:47:

Maud's wardrobe and hair are different, as is her male counterpart. Supposedly, her boyfriend appears behind Bond when he first confronts Lee, however Maud is nowhere to be found.
    Wait, I may have just found her in the above photo. Look at the woman behind the man with the stache, directly below the blue arrow. Same wardrobe, very similar hair.
    If you compare this woman with Maud's appearance in the above video, this is most certainly her.

xeo5noB.jpg?2

My apologies for triple posting.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    I'm not so sure. The woman you're honing in on has a white top on, but it doesn't appear to be v-necked like the one Maud has on in the clip above.

Regardless, I'm sure she'd be flattered and maybe a little disturbed to know that legions of Bond fans have relentlessly rewinded a Bond movie just to try and spot her in dense crowds.

The mystery lives on...
    It certainly does,hence trying to condense all the info on it in here !! :-?
  • MooseWithFleasMooseWithFleas Philadelphia
    jake24 wrote: »
    Found her:

GW551H359

Crazy spot if it is her. We might need 8k restoration before we can verify for sure!
  • edited February 2017 Posts: 6,432
    Found her:

GW551H359

Crazy spot if it is her. We might need 8k restoration before we can verify for sure!
    I'll watch the scene later upscaled to see if I can spot Maude, my TV can take screen shots and zoom in on any image
  • BMW_with_missilesBMW_with_missiles All the usual refinements.
    Found her:

GW551H359

I'll watch the scene later upscaled to see if I can spot Maude, my TV can take screen shots and zoom in on any image

You're like CSI: AVTAK.

• jake24 wrote: »
    Found her:

GW551H359

You're like CSI: AVTAK.

Ha ha I like to be detective yet to watch AVTAK on my 4K TV, it will upscale the film the Bond films I have watched so far the clarity was impressive

Nice one...we look forward to your 'report'.

Maybe there is a chance,albeit a slim one,that we can actually 'spot the Adams !'.
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    edited February 2017 Posts: 17,728
    Nice to see this issue get tackled by our experts on here. I've always wondered where Maud is too.
  • edited February 2017 Posts: 19,339
    Indeed...that's why I decided to create this thread,so we can put all thoughts and ideas etc into one condensed location rather than scattered all over the forum.

One day we WILL 'spot the Adams' !!! (I hope)
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    I pause during this scene every time, and I'm pretty confident that the woman alongside the man with the mustache is not her. Maybe the next time I watch it, I'll pause throughout a majority of the wharf scenes and see if she's in the background anywhere.
    Done a frame by frame look at the dock scene, it's amusing a recurring female extra keeps looking at Moore and smiling. There are a few ladies facing away whilst Bond walks by which I am suspicious of, perhaps Maude was wearing a wig? Any woman in which you can see features is definitely not her, my guess is Maude could be at the other side of the pier in the background though there are so many people and too far away in the shots it would be difficult to determine if she was.

Making some screen captures of suspects I'll post them later... EDITED: I have found Maude
    John Glen's comment on Maude being in AVTAK is misleading, Maude is right at the beginning of the scene on the tram that arrives at the docks.

Maud%20Adams%20%20A%20View%20to%20a%20Kill%20(1985).jpg

Compare the chin, jaw line, neck they are identical, Maudes slender frame disguised by the clothing. Also upscaled on my TV the nose looks prostectic, it's the shape of the chin that's convinced me that it's her.

adams1.jpg

When looking for photos of Maude to compare with the tram lady, it appears someone thought this before me I am convinced it's her. It seems elaborate though we are talking movies...
    Looks a bit like Melina
  • vzok wrote: »
    Looks a bit like Melina
    I could be way off, it's my best guess
    Refer to the video I posted above. The above photo looks nothing like Maud's appearance during the shoot (unless they decided to redress her, but I wouldn't see the point).
    Still looking i think ,but good effort @fire_and_ice ..keep checking !!
  • jake24 wrote: »
    Refer to the video I posted above. The above photo looks nothing like Maud's appearance during the shoot (unless they decided to redress her, but I wouldn't see the point).

I watched the video before hand, frame for frame during that scene no one has the same clothes so thought outside the box

• ggl007ggl007 www.archivo007.com Spain, España
    Another option? From @Thunderball007 on twitter:

VlQZcGu.jpg