No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

• QuantumOrganizationQuantumOrganization We have people everywhere
    jake24 wrote: »
    What were those? Bond and Oberhausen playing poker? Masquerade Ball? Tanner's Suicide?
    Hell no. Those were all awful.
    The last one was a joke.

:))
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    edited February 2017 Posts: 15,423
    The solar furnace scene with Bond strapped to it and left to die would've been brilliant, though.

But, I'm more glad they cut out Q's expanded role. They even should've cut more of his scenes as they should have with Moneypenny.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    edited February 2017 Posts: 10,586
    The solar furnace scene with Bond strapped to it and left to die would've been brilliant, though.

But, I'm more glad they cut out Q's expanded role. They even should've cut more of his scenes as they should have with Moneypenny.
    The idea of a solar furnace torture device is fantastic. But having Q being tortured in there with Bond would have been a complete disaster.

Bond: "Q, since we're about to die, I need to get this off my chest. You know those two cats you have? Well, I may have forgotten to remind Moneypenny to feed them. They're dead, Q."

Q: "If we're being honest, I might as well confess this. M never sent me to retrieve you in Austria. I went on my own terms. I just wanted to see you, 007."

Bond: "This is nice. I like it when we don't have secrets."
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    Complete disaster indeed.
  • Laughing or crying, with tears rolling down my cheeks I can’t decide which. So let me get this straight, after carefully practicing in the gym (pushups, box jumps, kettle bells etc.), our hero runs and leaps nearly 5 stories from the ground onto the wing of a moving aircraft, then slides down the fuselage to cling by his fingers to a divot of some sort on the outside of a door as the plane reaches a takeoff speed of approximately 155 miles per hour, all the while as he is also being buffeted by some of the most powerful turbo thrusts of any aircraft ever built. He does this by the way bare handed holding onto the sharp thin edge of aircraft aluminum as the plane, now airborne, increases air speed to a cruising ( no pun intended) speed of 700 plus mile per hour. Now after being catapulted into the aircraft when the door opens he manages not to be blown off the open tailgate ramp (which for some reason is open during takeoff, what risks pilots won’t take for a laugh these days) and complete his mission. I will admit that this is visually more thrilling than a house sinking in Venice, or a helicopter crashing on a bridge and was certainly not in the original television script of the IMF faces off against the Syndicate, and I was probably the only person in the theater laughing, but great script writing or rewriting (Season 2 episode 11 from the TV series), well I can only say, give me EON productions any day of the week. For sure Mendes is more excited about his single take walk through a parade in Mexico City, but the collapsing façade of a building is a bit more acceptable for me, than a 5 story leap onto the wing of an airplane, even with CGI. The script of Bond’s emotional side, and the step brother of Bloefeld , was an interesting plot line to close the door on the Spectre theme, but Bond does need to get back to slaying dragons.
  • gt007gt007 Station G
    The helicopter is on its way to the UK: http://thebondbulletin.com/bond-25-bell-museum-helicopter-way-uk

Apparently the Museum stressed again that the helicopter is for BOND 25, not because they assumed so, but because they were told so by the buyers.

The article also mentions that the helicopter was bought and collected by "the special effects company". If I'm not mistaken, that's the first we've heard of such a company in this helicopter affair. Not sure if it's of any importance though.

Will we have more news about the helicopter and its use soon? Let's hope so.
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    At least it finally feels like something is happening, even if we have no idea what it means. I'm having trouble seeing how they could bring all the actors back together, many of whom are busy elsewhere, in time for 2018. This chopper is like a symbol of hope.
    At least it finally feels like something is happening, even if we have no idea what it means. I'm having trouble seeing how they could bring all the actors back together, many of whom are busy elsewhere, in time for 2018. This chopper is like a symbol of hope.

M, Q and Moneypenny may only have a few scenes that would need filming.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    tanaka123 wrote: »

M, Q and Moneypenny may only have a few scenes that would need filming.
    Let's hope so.
    I am hoping Bond 25 is next year. if it is Mendes Craig etc then while I won't be thrilled with Shatterhand I won't hate it either. I just wish for something a bit different from what we had I watched the first half of Quantum of Solace and forgot just how good the early Craig films are.
  • QuantumOrganizationQuantumOrganization We have people everywhere
    At this point, I'm for anyone other than Mendes.
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    edited February 2017 Posts: 4,416
    Anna Pinnock who work as set decorator on Bond since QOS won batfa under the production designer for Fantastic Beasts. So long Dennis Gasner return i think she wil return too.

If Lee Smith not return: Editor of Novemberman and The Bank Job, John Gilbert won a bafta for Hacksaw Ridge.
  • mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas
    At this point, I'm for anyone other than Mendes.

Me too but I have that strong fear Mendes will return.
    Any official news will do?!!!
    Summer 2018.
    Summer 2018.

will be next summer yes why are you posting this random date though?

Risico007 wrote: »
    Summer 2018.

will be next summer yes why are you posting this random date though?

Just a prediction nothing more - is that allowed?
    of course :D
    Risico007 wrote: »
    of course :D

Well that's a relief ...
  • dominicgreenedominicgreene The Eternal QOS Defender
    edited February 2017 Posts: 1,756
    Honestly if this is true I can't see how anyone could say filming won't start AT LEAST soon. I mean unless they bought it to store it "for later", but for what reason? If they're using it for special effects they will be using it immediately. Unless there was some bidding war I was unaware of.

My bets on that they have a script and Daniel's coming back at the very least. This helicopter thing is the nail in the coffin for a new Bond actor.
    The helicopter unless an once in a lifetime opportunity seems so preproduction not early development. Like went props is going through the script and getting all the stuff acquired.

Just seems early ...guess more happening.

....but how? Who's paying for it?
  • SeanCraigSeanCraig Germany
    Bond is more a winter thing for me - I hope for another November release. November 2018, that is :-D
    SeanCraig wrote: »
    Bond is more a winter thing for me - I hope for another November release. November 2018, that is :-D

That would be nice. Yes I like Bond in winter.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Summer 2018.

It'll get cannibalised. It's better off sticking with the Autumn release dates.

• re: summer vs. fall release dates.

Fall dates seem busier than they used to be. It may still be the best place to slot a Bond movie but there's competition than they're used to be.

Late July has now been used by two spy films -- Mission: Impossible Rogue Nation in 2015 and Jason Bourne in 2016. However, M:I 6 has been slated for late July 2018.
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    I think summer 2019 is more realistic. That's the earliest we're likely see the next Bond film. The only thing still supporting 2018 as remotely possible is that helicopter.
  • dominicgreenedominicgreene The Eternal QOS Defender
    I think summer 2019 is more realistic. That's the earliest we're likely see the next Bond film. The only thing still supporting 2018 as remotely possible is that helicopter.

As long as they start filming by December they can do a Fall 2018 release.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Since my dream pick of Denis Villeneuve is going to be busy for a while, let's make this happen:

https://moviepilot.com/p/john-wick-director-wants-to-direct-james-bond-movie/4206646
  • edited February 2017 Posts: 5,767
    "Conflicting schedules for MI6 crew" sounds not bad at all. It would be a good opportunity to dump them, hire some good but less-known actors and get back to a decent and meaningful home base for Bond, instead of having the office pros neglecting their posts and trying to imitate Bond.
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    Since my dream pick of Denis Villeneuve is going to be busy for a while, let's make this happen:

https://moviepilot.com/p/john-wick-director-wants-to-direct-james-bond-movie/4206646

let him do Highlander first THEN he can do bond.