Rank The Songs From Best To Worst In The Bond Games

ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
in 007 Gaming Posts: 15,423
Now, here is a thread dedicated to the original songs provided in the world of 007 Gaming, and members, who really are into the Bond video games are invited by a fellow member in the community to rank the songs from best to worst... or to put it mildly from the most to least favourite. The trend to insert original songs into the Bond video games to make them look like movies has been started by Electronic Arts as you know. So, here is the list.

1-Letter To Paris by Elaine Paiva and Tommy Tallarico in Tomorrow Never Dies (1999):
While not directly in the video game as intended, and Sheryl Crow's song was used instead, the original soundtrack album of the video game features this very song written by Tommy Tallarico, who composed the score for the video game, and vocals provided by Elaine Paiva. Incidentally, while not confirmed, a song labeled as "Tomorrow Never Dies II" in the game's opening credits sequence is given a credit, which might be an alternate name for "Letter To Paris" itself.

2-Nearly Civilized by Esthero in Nightfire (2002):
While not written especially for the video game, the developers chose to use Australian artist, Esthero's song for the video game, which would serve as the main title sequence song during the opening footage. However, the game's song does have a different conducting from the original version.

3-Everything Or Nothing by Mýa in Everything Or Nothing (2004):
The first song in the series to be written specifically for the video game of the same name which features an A-List artist in performance of the song, who also is featured as a character in the entry. Even though three versions of the song are given existences (Original, Jazz, Techno Remix), only the one played during the main title sequence is given the option to be ranked.

4-When Nobody Loves You by Kerli in Quantum of Solace (2008):
Activision's video game adaptation of the 22nd official film in the Bond series happens not to feature the song played throughout the motion picture, but rather uses an original song which also includes pieces within from "The James Bond Theme".

5-GoldenEye by Nicole Scherzinger in GoldenEye (2010):
An official cover version of the Tina Turner song is brought into performance by a former member of The Pussycat Dolls, Nicole Scherzinger, with the music originally written by Bono and The Edge, and an arranged for the video game remake by Bond films composer David Arnold.

6-I'll Take It All by Joss Stone and Dave Stewart in Blood Stone (2010):
Joss Stone and Dave Stewart [of The Eurythmics] are hired to write and perform a song for Activision's one and only original Bond experience. Of the two artists, Joss Stone, like Mýa in Everything Or Nothing, is featured in the game as a major character.

Comments

Here my list:
    Most Liked down to least:

I'll Take It All by Joss Stone and Dave Stewart in Blood Stone (2010)
    When Nobody Loves You by Kerli in Quantum of Solace (2008)
    Everything Or Nothing by Mýa in Everything Or Nothing (2004)
    GoldenEye by Nicole Scherzinger in GoldenEye (2010)
    Nearly Civilized by Esthero in Nightfire (2002)
    -Letter To Paris by Elaine Paiva and Tommy Tallarico in Tomorrow Never Dies (1999)
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    1. I'll Take it All - Joss Stone
    2. Everything or Nothing - Mya

I can't say I ever cared for the rest.

3. Nearly Civilized - Esthero
    4. GoldenEye - Nicole Scherzinger
    5. When Nobody Loves You - Kelli

Never heard "Letters to Paris".

• ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    Even though I love Nearly Civilized, I don't think the Bond games ever had a definitive James Bond song.

Still, @jake24, I listed Letter To Paris up there in case you want to listen. :)
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    edited February 2017 Posts: 10,586
    Just heard it above, and realized that I have indeed given it a listen beforehand. It is by no means a poor entry, but it simply doesn't hold water as a main theme as it lacks a certain "bombastic" quality. Perhaps more fitting as an end credits song.
    I couldn't agree more. It wasn't used in the final game anyway, even though, was given a credit under the title Tomorrow Never Dies II.
  • 00Agent00Agent Any man who drinks Dom Perignon '52 can't be all bad.
    1. Everything or Nothing - Mya
    That song always rocks my socks off

2. Nearly Civilized - Esthero
    Having spend countless days and nights with Nightfire, this songs has been forever burned into my subconcious. And i like it there.

3. Letter To Paris - Elaine Paiva
    Wish i had known this song before, i never played TND on PS1.
    It's pretty cool though, great song for the end credits.

4. When Nobody Loves You - Kelli
    It's ok, nothing really outstanding but i like it slightly more than "I take it all".

5. Joss Stone - I 'll take it all
    Works for the game, but nothing i listen to on a regular basis

5. GoldenEye - Nicole Scherzinger
    It's done well enough, but it is simply a remake, and theres really nothing special about this version, so whenever i have the choice i will rather listen to the original.

Brilliant list, @00Agent.

I wish we had a song for Agent Under Fire, as well. I know someone someday will provide a fan contribution to it and write a song for the game. :))