No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

• DonnyDB5DonnyDB5 Buffalo, New York
    Just saw a picture on Instagram of Craig filming with Halle Berry. Didn't realize they already started shooting.
  • Another story:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-4189060/Daniel-Craig-Halle-Berry-film-LA-riots-drama-Kings.html

I think it had been reported in one of the major U.S. entertainment sites that it would start filming during the last week of December.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Craig is aging well (as is Halle!).
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    edited February 2017 Posts: 7,891

tanaka123 wrote: »
    talos7 wrote: »
    He has never actually been considered; that was a contrivance of the tabloids based on something gleamed from the leaks. With that said, I love him as an actor and his double take at the mention of Bond was nice.

He had a chat with Barbara Broccoli in 2012.

Where has he or she mentioned that?

• jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    edited February 2017 Posts: 10,586
  • DonnyDB5DonnyDB5 Buffalo, New York
    jake24 wrote: »
    Craig is aging well (as is Halle!).

Yes! He looks good in those pictures.
  • AgentJamesBond007AgentJamesBond007 Vesper’s grave
    Not a fan of Craig's haircut in these photos. I'm assuming it's a product of the time period the film takes place in. Hopefully it'll grow back and be ready to go for Bond 25.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    If I shave my head, my hair typically grows back to Pierce GE hair length in around 6 weeks so I don't think Dan's hair will be a problem. ;)
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    edited February 2017 Posts: 7,891
    On an average hair grows about a half an inch per month. He could shoot as Bond next month, if needed.
    Who is there these days who can bring the right mix of talents as director. I struggle to think of anyone.

I will get shot down probably for saying this but I do sometimes think Guy Ritchie comes closest in sensibility to some of those old school Bond directors.
  • mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas
    Getafix wrote: »
    Who is there these days who can bring the right mix of talents as director. I struggle to think of anyone.

I will get shot down probably for saying this but I do sometimes think Guy Ritchie comes closest in sensibility to some of those old school Bond directors.

I can see that. I'm not quite an advocate of Ritchie but I do agree with that statement.
  • edited February 2017 Posts: 1,661
    Not a fan of Craig's haircut in these photos. I'm assuming it's a product of the time period the film takes place in. Hopefully it'll grow back and be ready to go for Bond 25.

Daniel Craig appears to be going through a mid-life hair crisis. ;))

Logan Lucky - out later in the year:

37B68E4000000578-3766104-Is_that_you_Bond_Daniel_Craig_was_unrecognisable_from_James_Bond-m-40_1472605134300.jpg

Isn't Craig cutting it a bit tight to return to Bond? If he's filming Kings right now and then he's going to film Purity - that might take five months or so - it won't leave him much time before Bond 25 begins filming (assuming Bond 25 is out next year).

• 007Blofeld007Blofeld In the freedom of the West.
    fanbond123 wrote: »

Daniel Craig appears to be going through a mid-life hair crisis. ;))

Logan Lucky - out later in the year:

37B68E4000000578-3766104-Is_that_you_Bond_Daniel_Craig_was_unrecognisable_from_James_Bond-m-40_1472605134300.jpg

Isn't Craig cutting it a bit tight to return to Bond? If he's filming Kings right now and then he's going to film Purity - that might take five months or so - it won't leave him much time before Bond 25 begins filming (assuming Bond 25 is out next year).

That's why I think 2019 is the best bet 2018 is out the door
  • FWIW, I think Purity will be closer to a six-month shoot.

50 years ago, in the U.S., they'd shoot an episode of an hour-long show in six days. At that pace, Purity would be a 20-week shoot.

Currently, for a basic U.S. series, it's closer to eight days. Series for premium channels, such as Showtime, tend to be a little longer.

If they did 20 episodes in 26 weeks, that would be 1.3 weeks per episode.

Strictly a guess.
  • MrcogginsMrcoggins Following in the footsteps of Quentin Quigley.
    A good guess at that AW.
  • Red_SnowRed_Snow Australia
    In an interview with Deadline the Showtime CEO said that 'Purity' "will largely be completed during the course of 2017, depending how long they’re willing to wait and shoot the next Bond. There might be some breaks somewhere, but [production] will be fairly continuous."

In the back of my mind I'm sure I read somewhere that filming would commence in July/August of 2017. There should be more solid information about the production released during Showtime's Summer TCA Tour later this year.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Well they needn't worry about 'Bond 25' interfering whatsoever, so I'm sure it'll be a smooth-sailing production for them.
  • edited February 2017 Posts: 11,425
    mcdonbb wrote: »
    Getafix wrote: »

I can see that. I'm not quite an advocate of Ritchie but I do agree with that statement.

I thought his Sherlock Holmes films were very good entertainment. If he could capture some of that I wouldn't mind if he did a Bond. Minus all the tricksy camera work of course.
    It updated and may 2017 looks to be some big news https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/09577149
    A "confirmation statement" is essentially an annual return, notifying "Companies House" that the firm is still up and running. That's all. It has nothing to do with any actual "statements."
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    What am I looking at?
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    What am I looking at?

The link
    B25 Ltd.'s finances.
    A "confirmation statement" is essentially an annual return, notifying "Companies House" that the firm is still up and running. That's all. It has nothing to do with any actual "statements."
    Did you see it and what are your thoughts

007Blofeld wrote: »
    Pretty much that. The financial records of B25 Ltd. will not give us any more information. Shareholders for each film are set up way in advance, so I don't think there's anything to see here.
    007Blofeld wrote: »
    Pretty much that. The financial records of B25 Ltd. will not give us any more information. Shareholders for each film are set up way in advance, so I don't think there's anything to see here.

Ok
  • Another non-007 film by Eon (and other production companies) has begun filming. Barbara Broccoli and Michael G. Wilson are listed among the executive producers.

http://variety.com/2017/film/news/andrea-riseborough-nancy-psychological-drama-1201979211/
  • Jeffrey wrote: »
    barryt007 wrote: »
    I like SF don't get me wrong,but the 'old dog' routine did surprise me after only 3 films ...

True. After two films of 'rookie' Bond we immediately got the 'old dog'. We never really got to see Craig's Bond at his prime as double-o.

This.

We never got primo Craig and now it could be too late.

Thanks, Sam Mendes, and your obsession with "character".

In hindsight, he halted Craig's ballistic momentum and ushered in the end of his tenure.

I've always been annoyed with the vast gap between the super confident, clean slate bond we get at the end of QoS and the washed up Bond we get in Skyfall.

Horrible mistake in the wider evolution of Craig's Bond.

All for Mendes's 'edgy vision'. Gimme a break.