What don't you want to see in Skyfall?

edited January 2012 in Skyfall Posts: 6,432
A reversal of X3MSonicX's topic, recounting aspects of previous movie's that you did not like, what would you least want to see in Skyfall?

Comments

• tqbtqb
    edited January 2012 Posts: 1,022
    Halle Berry

jumpy action editing like in QOS.
  • campyness of the Roger Moore era
  • Please and I emplore those involved, no repeat of the horrible garbage theme intro from last time out, if I sit in theater and hear anything similar, I think I'll go offshore

Nothing too inplausibly ridiculous such as the Madagascar scenes from Royale

Gunbarrels in 'inappropriate' places

Paper thin and transparent adversaries

Probably loads to add for another time but that can do for now
  • I don't want to see that horrible gunbarrel sequence from the last film either.

Please and I emplore those involved, no repeat of the horrible garbage theme intro from last time out, if I sit in theater and hear anything similar, I think I'll go offshore

Nothing too inplausibly ridiculous such as the Madagascar scenes from Royale

Gunbarrels in 'inappropriate' places

Paper thin and transparent adversaries

Probably loads to add for another time but that can do for now

And to add to your list; silly gadgets and overuse of CGI
    What I do not want to see in Skyfall:

- The gun barrel anywhere else besides the start of the film
    - A villain as weak as Greene (as an overall character, not just physically)
    - A henchman as TERRIBLY LAME as Elvis
    - An abandonment of the Bond theme
    - Bad CGI (duh)
    - The invisible car
    - Silly sound effects which include but are not limited to: slide whistles, Beach Boys music, George of the Jungle wails, sappy love music, Magnificent Seven soundtrack etc.
    - A bond girl similar to Halle Berry (that Bond equal nonsense)
    - Halle Berry herself
    - Incoherent action pieces

It seems like a lot, but I think Mendes and the team have their heads on their shoulders and actually have the desire to make a Bond film....something Forster really didn't have at all.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    -Quantum
    -my expectations not met
    -Blofeld/SPECTRE
    -forced comedy
    -gadgets
    -noticeably bad CGI
    -little easter eggs for the big 50
    -unequal amount of time at each location
    -a humbug ending(let's see Dan finish happy, eh?)
    -M dead

That's all I've got for now.
    Don't want to see Judi Dench's M dead or retired.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    I don't want to see M referring to Bond as James or as Bond. She needs to start identifying and acknowledging him by his code name, 007 at all times.
    No console looking CGI would be my biggest hope!
    In a word..."EVE"......send her back to the pirate movie...ha ha ha
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    Don't want Eve as Moneypenny
    Don't want any of the current Aston Martin cars
    Don't want Dench to NOT quit after this film
    Don't want Fiennes to NOT be M
    Don't want Moneypenny to NOT be in the film
    Any obvious cgi, a movie under a 2 hour running time, a death or action scene blatantly ripped of from a previous bond movie.
  • edited January 2012 Posts: 401
    Don't want Eve as Moneypenny
    Don't want any of the current Aston Martin cars
    Don't want Dench to NOT quit after this film
    Don't want Fiennes to NOT be M
    Don't want Moneypenny to NOT be in the film
    I basically agree with all of this. I would have also liked it if Q was being played by someone who should actually be playing Q, but I digress. I also want to see a gunbarrel sequence at the beginning, and a good one this time, not the "I'm about to miss the bus" one from QoS. Yes, I wrote what I wanted in the film in the "What don't you want to see in Skyfall" thread. Deal with it.
    A short run-time (make it at least 2 hours), any Jason Bourne-ish stuff, a terrible villain that has no special features or weapons, a lack of Moneypenny, lack of Gadget Time with Major "Q" Boothroyd, and M's distrust with 007.
  • Surely as Bond enthusiasts we would Bond to be as long as a duration as possible so long of course that it is entertaining and lively and keeps the interest and steers clear of recent disasters witnessed. I could quite happily sit through a three hour Bond if possible, I don't want a Ben Hur or Ten Commandments type thing just something where I go in and sit through and come out say 3 hours later and the film was so good I didn't even notice the time go by. Did I mention that I hope to see an improvement on Bond villains, recent types such as LeChiffre and Greene were abysmal and wouldn't threaten an eighteen month old baby never mind pose a genuine threat to Bond. Above all else I don't want a Bond adventure where I come out of theater and feel I have an obligation to demand an entrance reimbursement such as last time out
    Surely as Bond enthusiasts we would Bond to be as long as a duration as possible so long of course that it is entertaining and lively and keeps the interest and steers clear of recent disasters witnessed. I could quite happily sit through a three hour Bond if possible, I don't want a Ben Hur or Ten Commandments type thing just something where I go in and sit through and come out say 3 hours later and the film was so good I didn't even notice the time go by. Did I mention that I hope to see an improvement on Bond villains, recent types such as LeChiffre and Greene were abysmal and wouldn't threaten an eighteen month old baby never mind pose a genuine threat to Bond. Above all else I don't want a Bond adventure where I come out of theater and feel I have an obligation to demand an entrance reimbursement such as last time out

I think three hour Bond is a bad idea. CR was overly long and that was well over 2 hours I seem to remember. The films should be nicely paced, so that they have a strong sense of narrative momentum, but 'slow' enough to allow good dialogue and some tension to build. I quite liked LeChiffre, to the extent that I almost felt sorry for him. No wonder he cried alot - you had the sense from the start that he never stood a chance. It would definitely be nice to have an uncompromisingly evil villain, who you can really dislike and take pleasure in seeing getting his well deserved comeuppance.
    Another traitor, QoS-esque editing... and that's about it. I'm open to anything they might bring on board. If it doesn't work, it doesn't work. But for now I'm in my "wait-n-see" state of mind.
    It would be cool to see Stevie Nicks sing the opening Bond theme song!!
  • edited January 2012 Posts: 12,837
    I DON'T want to see too much of dench.

I DON'T want to see more darkness and overseriousness, it was fine in CR but QOS went too far.

I DON'T want another film without a gunbarrel.

I DON'T want to see another unhappy ending.

I DON'T want Q to be boring, not fun at all, and with no gadgets whatsoever.

I DON'T want craig to be all serious again, he needs to start being more like bond now, its wearing thin.

I DON'T want another crap villian like greene.
  • I think the sucess of the movie relies on one thing,something not seen, but heard! At least during every action seen, especially the finale action sequence, the music has to be the JAMES BOND THEME. Send the public home from the theatre with that driving james bond theme. You can't lose!
    -NO quick-cut Bourne style editing like QoS
    -LESS indoors shot, MORE outdoor shots
    -LESS nightscenes, MORE dayscenes
    -NO cgi!
    -NO experimental, funny instruments and "doing my own thing"- music by Newman. SF not only has to look like a Bondmovie, but also has to sound like one (brass and strings)
    SJK91 wrote:
    What I do not want to see in Skyfall:

- The invisible car

If it was there you wouldn't see it, would you now? :D

I do not want to see anything remotely like QoS, or another sinking house scene when some acting might be better as a solution (not speaking costs here either).

AND NO DAVID FLIPPIN' ARNOLD. [-X (Just for dropping that person Mendes should get an oscar)
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    I DON'T want to see too much of dench.

I DON'T want to see more darkness and overseriousness, it was fine in CR but QOS went too far.

I DON'T want craig to be all serious again, he needs to start being more like bond now, its wearing thin.

Dan has been acting like Bond. He's forming into the Connery blueprint ;) . I'm sorry, but Judi will appear a lot. The major plot is about her past coming back to haunt her, so she will obviously be a big part of the film.
  • echoecho 007 in New York
    I don't want to see a "deconstructed" Bond with a gunbarrel at the end, no sex with the lead actress, and action scenes based on the classic elements.

Just give us a good story, please.
  • SharkShark Banned
    Zekidk wrote:
    -NO experimental, funny instruments and "doing my own thing"- music by Newman. SF not only has to look like a Bondmovie, but also has to sound like one (brass and strings)

What a boring score that would be.
  • I DON'T want to see too much of dench.

Dan has been acting like Bond. He's forming into the Connery blueprint ;) . I'm sorry, but Judi will appear a lot. The major plot is about her past coming back to haunt her, so she will obviously be a big part of the film.

I know craig is forming into a connery type bond, I just think its taking a little long. In QOS he was less like bond than CR. But now the vesper stuff is out of the way I'm hoping he'll be more of a connery type in skyfall (but not a total rip off), like lots of people have been predicting.

I know dench will probably appear a lot, thats the one thing I'm not looking forward too. But even if the film is about her past, she could still not be involved too much. Maybe she goes into hiding or something because of bardem while bond tries to find out what happened in her past.
    Shark wrote:
    Zekidk wrote:

I wouldn't exactly call the master of strings and brass, John Barry's, "boring." I'm just hoping that Newman will do a classic score which won't sound dated over time, like Bill Contis, and to some extent, Marvin Hamlisch's.
    Zekidk wrote:
    Shark wrote:
    Zekidk wrote:

I wouldn't exactly call the master of strings and brass, John Barry's, "boring." I'm just hoping that Newman will do a classic score which won't sound dated over time, like Bill Contis, and to some extent, Marvin Hamlisch's.

It would be awesome to get some really loud and obnoxious brass, like in John Barry's OST for OHMSS. It's my favourite soundtrack to any Bond movie.
  • Bourne-like action scenes and editing.

Generic music.

Dark and grim setting.

Too realistic.

QOS villains