The Great Post-Credits Scene Elimination Game

Comments

barryt007 wrote: »
    @vzok you have actually given TLD 2 points instead of one.

The more hurry, the less mathematical accuracy.
  • AntiLocqueBrakesAntiLocqueBrakes The edge
    Thursday

FRWL - Kronsteen defeats the Canadian at chess in Venice - 25
    GF - Fly into Miami, Felix introduces Bond to cheating Goldfinger - 50
    TB - Largo joins the SPECTRE briefing in Paris and #9 gets electrocuted - 31
    LALD - Bond and agent Caruso get interrupted by M at Bonds apartment - 8 (-2)
    OP - 009 as a clown escapes from East Berlin to deliver the Faberge Egg - 18
    TLD - Bond saves Georgi from Kara's sniper rifle to the chagrin of Saunders - 46 (+1)

Eliminated:

07: DN - Cards at the Kings Club and the murder of Strangways
    08: YOLT - Bond's funeral at sea, then smuggled onto a sub to meet with M
    09: SF - M writes Bond's obituary and meets with her soon to be successor Mallory
    10: OHMSS - Bond checks into his hotel and saves Tracy from a bad "banco"
    11: FYEO - The sinking of the St Georges by errant mine and loss of ATAC
    12: GE - Bond races Onatopp in her Ferarri to Monte Carlo in his Aston DB5
    13: CR - Le Chiffre recruits another freedom fighter client with Mr. White in Uganda
    14: AVTAK - Bond gets briefed by M and Minister about Zorin while Q plays RC
    15: TWINE - King's funeral in Scotland and Bond gets overlooked for assignments
    16: MR - M briefs Bond on the crashed Moonraker and Q gives Bond a toy
    17: LTK - Sanchez doubles his $1Mill bribe, and Bond and Della share a moment
    18: TSWLM - General Gogol briefs XXX on her mission and her dead lover
    19: DAD - Bond swapped for Zao in the DMZ after months of torture in North Korea
    20: QOS - Bond and M interrogate Mr. White in Siena only to be ambushed by Mitchell
    21: TMWTGG - Bond strolls into M's office and gets briefed on Scaramanga
    22: SP - Bond gets "grounded" by M after his "personal" trip to Mexico City
    23: TND - The sinking of the HMS Devonshire by the stealth ship off Vietnam
    24: DAF - Bond and M get a briefing on diamond smuggling from Sir Donald
  • edited February 2017 Posts: 2,189
    I'll go ahead and address the war thats going on. The usual GF vs. Dalton is at it again, and I count myself firmly in the GF team on most every topic, and in this case, with this game, I will say unequivocally that as a true James Bond fanboy, I would trade the entirety of "The Living Daylights" for the 47 seconds of John Barry score that is "Into Miami" alone. Perhaps the best minute of James Bond score ever written, it has a swagger and a palpable momentum unequaled in the countless hours of Bond movie runtime. As for the rest of GF vs TLD, there really is no comparison at all...
  • JohnHammond73JohnHammond73 Lancashire, UK
    Thursday

GF - Fly into Miami, Felix introduces Bond to cheating Goldfinger - 50
    LALD - Bond and agent Caruso get interrupted by M at Bonds apartment - 6 (-2)
    OP - 009 as a clown escapes from East Berlin to deliver the Faberge Egg - 18
    TLD - Bond saves Georgi from Kara's sniper rifle to the chagrin of Saunders - 47 (+1)

Eliminated:

09: SF - M writes Bond's obituary and meets with her soon to be successor Mallory
    13: CR - Le Chiffre recruits another freedom fighter client with Mr. White in Uganda
    19: DAD - Bond swapped for Zao in the DMZ after months of torture in North Korea
    20: QOS - Bond and M interrogate Mr. White in Siena only to be ambushed by Mitchell
  • GBFGBF
    Thursday

GF - Fly into Miami, Felix introduces Bond to cheating Goldfinger - 48 (-2)
    LALD - Bond and agent Caruso get interrupted by M at Bonds apartment - 6
    OP - 009 as a clown escapes from East Berlin to deliver the Faberge Egg - 19 (+1)
    TLD - Bond saves Georgi from Kara's sniper rifle to the chagrin of Saunders - 47

Eliminated:

• GBFGBF
    I'll go ahead and address the war thats going on. The usual GF vs. Dalton is at it again, and I count myself firmly in the GF team on most every topic, and in this case, with this game, I will say unequivocally that as a true James Bond fanboy, I would trade the entirety of "The Living Daylights" for the 47 seconds of John Barry score that is "Into Miami" alone. Perhaps the best minute of James Bond score ever written, it has a swagger and a palpable momentum unequaled in the countless hours of Bond movie runtime. As for the rest of GF vs TLD, there really is no comparison at all...

Well I guess it is nice that we have a close match. I personally prefer the 009 clown scene since I find it to be the most suspensefull scene in all Bond film. Again it is so much more intense because of Barry's wonderfull track.
  • zebrafishzebrafish <°)))< in Octopussy's garden in the shade

I am 100% on your side here. The shot over the Miami Hotel towards the diver, the clever cut to the diver under water and then we follow Felix to meet James Bond, the immediate introduction to the villain, and all of that with Barry's music at the height of the 1960s optimistic style of grandesse. It all sends shivers down my spine.
    The TLD scene is solid, but hey - the class is all with GF here.

Friday

GF - Fly into Miami, Felix introduces Bond to cheating Goldfinger - 49 (+1)
    OP - 009 as a clown escapes from East Berlin to deliver the Faberge Egg - 19
    TLD - Bond saves Georgi from Kara's sniper rifle to the chagrin of Saunders - 45 (-2)

Eliminated:

I have to totally agree with this..well said.

Friday

GF - Fly into Miami, Felix introduces Bond to cheating Goldfinger - 47 -2
    TLD - Bond saves Georgi from Kara's sniper rifle to the chagrin of Saunders - 46 +1

Eliminated:

• FRWL - Kronsteen defeats the Canadian at chess in Venice - 25
    GF - Fly into Miami, Felix introduces Bond to cheating Goldfinger - 48 (+1)
    TLD - Bond saves Georgi from Kara's sniper rifle to the chagrin of Saunders - 44 (-2)

Eliminated:

• QuantumOrganizationQuantumOrganization We have people everywhere
    Friday

GF - Fly into Miami, Felix introduces Bond to cheating Goldfinger - 47
    OP - 009 as a clown escapes from East Berlin to deliver the Faberge Egg - 17(-2)
    TLD - Bond saves Georgi from Kara's sniper rifle to the chagrin of Saunders - 47(+1)

Eliminated:

Friday

GF - Fly into Miami, Felix introduces Bond to cheating Goldfinger - 47
    LALD - Bond and agent Caruso get interrupted by M at Bonds apartment - 4 (-2)
    OP - 009 as a clown escapes from East Berlin to deliver the Faberge Egg - 17
    TLD - Bond saves Georgi from Kara's sniper rifle to the chagrin of Saunders - 48 (+1)

Eliminated:

• MooseWithFleasMooseWithFleas Philadelphia
    Friday

GF - Fly into Miami, Felix introduces Bond to cheating Goldfinger - 45 -2
    LALD - Bond and agent Caruso get interrupted by M at Bonds apartment - 4
    TLD - Bond saves Georgi from Kara's sniper rifle to the chagrin of Saunders - 49 (+1)

Eliminated:

• MooseWithFleasMooseWithFleas Philadelphia
    TLD post credit scene provides possibly the greatest 'spy thriller' sequence of the entire series. On top of that the sneaky sneaky getting georgi into the pipeline with the aid of Rosi. Score is absolutely brilliant as Barry's last is near his best.
  • Correct Scores:

GF - Fly into Miami, Felix introduces Bond to cheating Goldfinger - 46
    TLD - Bond saves Georgi from Kara's sniper rifle to the chagrin of Saunders - 47

Eliminated:

• ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Friday

GF - Fly into Miami, Felix introduces Bond to cheating Goldfinger - 46
    TB - Largo joins the SPECTRE briefing in Paris and #9 gets electrocuted - 32 +1
    OP - 009 as a clown escapes from East Berlin to deliver the Faberge Egg - 15 -2

Eliminated:

Saturday

GF - Fly into Miami, Felix introduces Bond to cheating Goldfinger - 47 (+1)
    TB - Largo joins the SPECTRE briefing in Paris and #9 gets electrocuted - 32
    LALD - Bond and agent Caruso get interrupted by M at Bonds apartment - 2 (-2)
    OP - 009 as a clown escapes from East Berlin to deliver the Faberge Egg - 15

Eliminated:

TLD post credit scene provides possibly the greatest 'spy thriller' sequence of the entire series. On top of that the sneaky sneaky getting georgi into the pipeline with the aid of Rosi. Score is absolutely brilliant as Barry's last is near his best.

Sorry, but in my opinion that's not what we're voting for here. The description is for the concert scene. No mention of pipelines, harriers or get-aways.
    edited February 2017 Posts: 45,489
    Saturday

OP - 009 as a clown escapes from East Berlin to deliver the Faberge Egg - 15

Eliminated:
    06: LALD - Bond and agent Caruso get interrupted by M at Bonds apartment
    24: DAF - Bond and M get a briefing on diamond smuggling from Sir Donald[/quote]
    Saturday

GF - Fly into Miami, Felix introduces Bond to cheating Goldfinger - 49 +1
    OP - 009 as a clown escapes from East Berlin to deliver the Faberge Egg - 13 -2

Eliminated:
    Saturday

FRWL - Kronsteen defeats the Canadian at chess in Venice - 23 (-2)
    GF - Fly into Miami, Felix introduces Bond to cheating Goldfinger - 49
    OP - 009 as a clown escapes from East Berlin to deliver the Faberge Egg - 13
    TLD - Bond saves Georgi from Kara's sniper rifle to the chagrin of Saunders - 48 (+1)

Eliminated:
  • FRWL - Kronsteen defeats the Canadian at chess in Venice - 23
    GF - Fly into Miami, Felix introduces Bond to cheating Goldfinger - 50 (+1)
    TLD - Bond saves Georgi from Kara's sniper rifle to the chagrin of Saunders - 46 (-2)

Eliminated:

• GBFGBF
    SatUrday:

FRWL - Kronsteen defeats the Canadian at chess in Venice - 23
    OP - 009 as a clown escapes from East Berlin to deliver the Faberge Egg - 14 (+1)
    TLD - Bond saves Georgi from Kara's sniper rifle to the chagrin of Saunders - 46

Eliminated:

SatUrday:

GF - Fly into Miami, Felix introduces Bond to cheating Goldfinger - 46 -2
    OP - 009 as a clown escapes from East Berlin to deliver the Faberge Egg - 14
    TLD - Bond saves Georgi from Kara's sniper rifle to the chagrin of Saunders - 47 +1

Eliminated:

• MansfieldMansfield Where the hell have you been?
    Why was my vote at the top of the page not included? GF should be +1 and TLD -2 from it's current total.
  • MansfieldMansfield Where the hell have you been?
    I'll update the vote + my vote for today. If it's wrong you can put it back.

Saturday:

TLD - Bond saves Georgi from Kara's sniper rifle to the chagrin of Saunders - 43 (-2)

Eliminated:

Sunday

GF - Fly into Miami, Felix introduces Bond to cheating Goldfinger - 49 (+1)
    TLD - Bond saves Georgi from Kara's sniper rifle to the chagrin of Saunders - 41 (-2)

Eliminated:

Sunday

GF - Fly into Miami, Felix introduces Bond to cheating Goldfinger - 50 (+1)
    OP - 009 as a clown escapes from East Berlin to deliver the Faberge Egg - 12 (-2)
    TLD - Bond saves Georgi from Kara's sniper rifle to the chagrin of Saunders - 41

Eliminated:

• GBFGBF
    Sunday

OP - 009 as a clown escapes from East Berlin to deliver the Faberge Egg - 13 (+1)
    TLD - Bond saves Georgi from Kara's sniper rifle to the chagrin of Saunders - 41

Eliminated:

Sunday

FRWL - Kronsteen defeats the Canadian at chess in Venice - 21 (-2)
    GF - Fly into Miami, Felix introduces Bond to cheating Goldfinger - 48
    TLD - Bond saves Georgi from Kara's sniper rifle to the chagrin of Saunders - 42 (+1)

Eliminated: