Lost but now found! The Unreleased Bond Music Thread!

Comments

• MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Thanks @jake24! This is one I've been looking for, for a while now! In fact I'm in the process of re-recording it with my music software to make a clean version.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Cool. Looking forward to it.
    @jake24, Here it is. I removed the helicopter noise, Put my remake underneath and blended in best I can. I don't think my Trumpets were loud enough. I'll have to try a second attempt soon but here's my first cleaned up version of Helicopter Crash.
    http://picosong.com/dXDZ/
    @Murdock - Thanks for that version.

Any chance you could upload your own remake separately?
    Thanks again.
    You're welcome. :)
    I redid my rerecording of "Helicopter Crash" and here is my definitive version the best I could do by ear. Enjoy everyone.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Great job!
    Thank you. :)
    Here is my attempt at compiling the music for the attack on Stacey's house in AVTAK. The other versions I've heard didn't seem quite right in the middle. I've included the punchier bit of score when the goons attack. Plus I've added the bit where Bond tails Stacey home at the beginning.

Great contribution @Vzok! Here's one I've been excited for. I recently found a decent rip of the Submarine Iceburg music from AVTAK and I edited it slightly and added a transcription of the intro I made over it. I think it came out great. Enjoy. :)

"Call me James"
    http://picosong.com/r5Bx/
  • mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas
    Murdock wrote: »
    Great contribution @Vzok! Here's one I've been excited for. I recently found a decent rip of the Submarine Iceburg music from AVTAK and I edited it slightly and added a transcription of the intro I made over it. I think it came out great. Enjoy. :)

"Call me James"

Always liked that bit. Thanks..

Just a thought I wonder if that's the first time an instrumental version of the theme song appeared before the theme song? Maybe GF or TB? I'm not sure.
    Thanks @mcdonbb. And I believe Goldfinger was first because in James Bond is Back again you can hear the Goldfinger motif it at one point.
    Can't you also count the transition into WOTW in SP?
  • Off the top of my head, I believe part of the main theme from TWINE is heard during the Thames chase and the Surrender theme is heard during TND's PTS (and throughout the film), though that song got pushed to the end credits.
  • gt007gt007 Station G
    vzok wrote: »
    Here is my attempt at compiling the music for the attack on Stacey's house in AVTAK. The other versions I've heard didn't seem quite right in the middle. I've included the punchier bit of score when the goons attack. Plus I've added the bit where Bond tails Stacey home at the beginning.

That's a great track. Thanks, @vzok. That "He's Dangerous" tune, along with its variations, is one of my very favourite music pieces in Bond. Absolutely amazing.

"Call me James"
    Nice one as well. I can't help but hear Sir Rog saying "Call me James, it's... 5 days to Alaska" in my head!

PS: This is definitely one of the most interesting threads around here. Some brilliant pieces of unreleased music through the pages.
  • mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas
    vzok wrote: »

I didn't comment at first but this an impressive effect as well. Thanks for sharing.
    Thank you @gt007, I'm honored by your post. I'm very proud of the work I and others have contributed to this thread. :)
  • gt007gt007 Station G
    You're very welcome, @Murdock. Thanks for starting the thread. :)
    It is my pleasure. :)
  • 007Blofeld007Blofeld In the freedom of the West.
    This a very cool thread who ever started it is a genius :D
    edited January 2017 Posts: 16,328
    Thank you @007Blofeld, that would be me. :) Welcome to the thread.
    Thank you @007Blofeld, that would be me. :) Welcome to the thread.
    Thank you for having me on board this will be a fun thread one of my favorites I favorites I love discussing Bond Music
    @007Blofeld, it is my pleasure. If you love discussing Bond music then I must suggest you visit my other Bond music thread the James Bond Rescore thread. It's got lots of videos of Bond movie and game with new music for the fun of "what if." :)

http://www.mi6community.com/index.php?p=/discussion/6553/the-james-bond-rescore-thread-formerly-favorite-james-bond-rescores#latest
    @007Blofeld, it is my pleasure. If you love discussing Bond music then I must suggest you visit my other Bond music thread the James Bond Rescore thread. It's got lots of videos of Bond movie and game with new music for the fun of "what if." :)

http://www.mi6community.com/index.php?p=/discussion/6553/the-james-bond-rescore-thread-formerly-favorite-james-bond-rescores#latest

Ok I like anything discussing music really bond music that is
  • WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but the following movies all include snippets of the theme song in the PTS.

Goldfinger
    You Only Live Twice
    The Man with the Golden Gun
    For Your Eyes Only
    A View to a Kill
    Tomorrow Never Dies (surrender)
    The World is not Enough
    Quantum of Solace
    Thunderball did as well.
  • WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    You're right, well done @Murdock.