Favourite John Glen BOND? (POLL ADDED)

Comments

I'm voting for OP. My favourite of Glen's and possibly my favourite of Sir Rog's as well.
    "Thank God for hard currency".
  • NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator
    1. The Living Daylights. Nicely paced, exciting, generally good performances. A great debut film for Dalton.
    2. Octopussy. Despite its tendancy to lapse in to silliness OP has enough great action and locations to allow outright forgiveness.
    3. FYEO. Glen, possibly unsure about his ability to take on a big budget film like this, relies heavilly on too many action sequences; some overblown, some dragged out, many unnecessary. Otherwise it has plenty to commend it.
    4. AVTAK. Flat in places, Glen fails to deliver on his main strength - terrific action sequences. Terrible fist fights, redundant chase sequences. Only occassionally does AVTAK spark in to life.
    5. LTK. Nasty, bitter, viceous. It leaves a bad taste in the mouth as loose cannon Bond clumsilly flails around, getting people killed unnecessarilly and somehow bringing a huge multi-million, global drugs operation crashing down in about...3 days? As usual with Glen (apart from AVTAK) he delivers with the action scenes.
  • LTK by a country mile!
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    Wow, only one vote for AVTAK... that's sad.
  • quantumofsolacequantumofsolace England
    TLD by TWO country miles! LTK a fair way behind but still good stuff. The other three are hardly what I'd term Bond Films.
  • St_GeorgeSt_George Shuttling Drax's lovelies to the space doughnut - happy 40th, MR!
    Here we go...

1. AVTAK
    2. FYEO
    3. OP
    4. TLD
    5. LTK
    OP
    LTK
    AVTAK
    FYEO
    TLD
    FYEO
    TLD
    OP
    LTK
    AVTAK
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    The Living Daylights is still going strong.
    1. LTK
    2. TLD
    3. AVTAK
    4. FYEO
    5. OP

All great.
  • edited November 2011 Posts: 3,494
    craigrules wrote:
    LTK by a country mile!

Well, I wouldn't go that far, I think TLD is brilliant and FYEO a great outing as well. But LTK is my favorite Glen film too.

OP on the bottom for me, but that's not saying the film doesn't have redeeming qualities and is terrible or anything like that

:D
  • edited November 2011 Posts: 3,494
    Just noticed the poll and good to see the Dalton entries beating the snot out of the Moore films =D>
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    Great to see TLD leading the poll. It's one of the best Bonds, featuring one of the best Bond actors and one of the best Bond scores, IMO of course.
    TLD by TWO country miles! LTK a fair way behind but still good stuff. The other three are hardly what I'd term Bond Films.

FYEO and OP? Hardly Bond films? I could see AVTAK in that perspective, but not Glen's first two.
    LTK.
    Well, I think it's conclusive: AVTAK was the most hated 80s Bond movie.
  • edited November 2011 Posts: 1,778
    This is a tough one for me. Honestly apart from AVTAK I thought they were all really good Bond films and make it into my top 10. It's a toss up between OP and LTK. Since OP has gotten less votes I'll vote for it.
    Go, Daylights, go! \:D/
    FYEO - My Favourite Bond Film, exciting from start to finish.
    TLD
    OP
    LTK
    AVTAK
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    edited November 2011 Posts: 13,882
    1. TLD
    2. LTK
    3. OP
    4. FYEO
    5. The Bottom Of The Barrel
    6. The Mould Underneath The Barrel
    7. The Rotten Floor Underneath The Mould
    8. AVTAK
  • w2bondw2bond is indeed a very rare breed
    Lots of love for TLD...which is in my top 5 bonds
  • Well done, MajorDSmythe.

1. LTK
    2. TLD
    3. FYEO
    4. OP
    5. AVTAK
  • SAMSAM
    I had not realised until now that John Glen directed all those Bond productions - and all were respectable (possibly excluding Octopussy).

1. For Your Eyes Only (Has the edge over TLD because of those awesome action scenes i.e. Ski chase and Car chase)
    2. The Living Daylights
    3. License To Kill
    4. A View To A Kill
    5. Octopussy
  • HASEROTHASEROT has returned like the tedious inevitability of an unloved season---
    The Living Daylights
    Licence To Kill

Octopussy
    For Your Eyes Only

A View To A Kill
    I'm thinking ;

LTK
    TLD
    OP
    FYEO
    AVTAK
    FYEO
    TLD
    LTK
    OP
    AVTAK

LTK.
    TLD
    OP
    FYEO
    LTK
    AVTAK
    1. The Living Daylights/License To Kill
    2. For Your Eyes Only
    3. Octopussy
    4. A View to a Kill
    1. FYEO
    2. TLD
    3. OP
    4. AVTAK
    5. LTK

But the Glen era is my favourite. Hey! I am an eighties boy!