The Death Collector Screenplay

edited December 2016 in Fan Creations Posts: 28
Hi all,
New to these forums and in truth have an ulterior motive! I was unemployed for a stretch and thought I would put my time to some good use by doing something I have always wanted to do since I was a child; write a Bond film.

Below is a link to the final draft:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B2ZQrF4eO2HcS0ktc25xc1RJWkk

I hope it holds together as a coherent story. I realise its a bit rude to drop in on your forum and expect people to read my work. But any feedback would be appreciated. I have visited these forums on and off over the years and always found the opinions and views on here to be of true Bond fans with varied tastes, so would value your comments.

Below is my vision for the screenplay, including a synopsis and a cast list to help you visualise as you read:

A soft reboot for a new Bond. A film largely set in sub-Saharan Africa, a first for the franchise, with a predominantly black cast.

Synopsis: After clashing with Bond, a high level CIA operative withholds information about an imminent attack on a British target somewhere around the world. Using his wits to discover the target, Bond heads to Nairobi to pressure a beautiful British national-turned-terrorist. In Kenya, the sins of the past collide with the enemies of the present and nothing is quite as it seems.

CAST
Bond - ?
Ayesha – Lupita Nyong’o
Wycliffe – Clarke Peters
Leiter – Nate Parker
Maria – Christina Hendricks
Caro - Nicole Beharie
M – Ralph Fines
Q – Ben Wishaw
Moneypenny – Naomi Harris
Bob Franklin – Matthew Marsh
Zufar - Djimon Hounsou
Yousef - Barkhad Abdi

Comments

• CigaretteLeiterCigaretteLeiter United States
    I've been reading this since you started it up on commanderbond.net, it's finally finished now?
    Holy shit! That was amazing! When's
    "A Whisper of Hate"
    due out?
  • Holy shit! That was amazing! When's
    "A Whisper of Hate"
    due out?

Thanks! I'm glad somebody was reading it on commanderbond.net! Was there any specific feedback you had? Parts you particularly liked or scenes that needed improvement?

I would say it's 95% finished but I'm aware the second half needs some polishing. And with regards a follow up... It took me a year to do this one but that was with a significant period of unemployment. So I would say we are looking at some time in 2018!

Looking forward to reading this, thanks for posting
  • patb wrote: »
    Looking forward to reading this, thanks for posting

Thanks, I look forward to reading your feedback

• @patb

did you manage to have a read?

The final draft is now available for anyone interested:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B2ZQrF4eO2HcS0ktc25xc1RJWkk

Happy New Year :-)
    Holy shit! That was amazing! When's
    "A Whisper of Hate"
    due out?

Thanks! I'm glad somebody was reading it on commanderbond.net! Was there any specific feedback you had? Parts you particularly liked or scenes that needed improvement?

I would say it's 95% finished but I'm aware the second half needs some polishing. And with regards a follow up... It took me a year to do this one but that was with a significant period of unemployment. So I would say we are looking at some time in 2018!

I liked the idea of it occurring in Africa, truly untapped potential. Maybe the fake-out with Wycliffe should be left to the first reveal instead "Oh shit, he's bad; wait nevermind, he's joking; nope wait, actually bad again." Other than that, 2018 can't come soon enough!
  • Put it in spoilers! Haha thanks for your feedback. I have made some progress with AWOH so you may only have to wait until Christmas 2017 for the follow up :-)