Trailer online for movie based on Ian Fleming true story 'Age of Heroes'

JamesPageJamesPage Administrator, Moderator, Director
edited April 2011 in General Movies & TV Posts: 1,380
"Age of Heroes" is an action-packed British thriller based on the real-life events of Ian Fleming's 30 Commando during World War II - the template for the modern day SAS.

Sean Bean (Lord Of The Rings, GoldenEye) and Danny Dyer (The Business, The Football Factory) star in an adrenalin-fuelled action-adventure which takes our heroes from the edge of defeat on the beaches of Dunkirk to the mountains of Norway on a search-and-destroy mission behind enemy lines that, if successful, would change the course of the war.

http://www.youtube.com/embed/VdrzyDVN3xk

"Age of Heroes" opens in UK cinemas on May 20th.

Comments

• DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    Looking forward to this one. I love WWII movies and I'm a Sean Bean fan. It looks like a solid British film, which is the kind of films I like. I wonder if a Bond reference makes it into the film. They could always mention Ian Fleming's future career as a writer of our beloved spy novels. Either way, I'm going to see this film!
  • saunderssaunders Living in a world of avarice and deceit
    edited April 2011 Posts: 987
    Can't wait to see this film, I've just finished reading a book on the history of 30 Assault Unit and am very interested to see how the movie will compare. Not sure about a Bond refrence DarthDimi, Ian Fleming and the Units members should be recognised for their own heroic achievments without having to share the limelight with the Navel Intelligence Assistant Director's future creative work. Having 006 in the cast should suffice as a gentle nod to Mr Bond.
    Quoting saunders: Having 006 in the cast should suffice as a gentle nod to Mr Bond.
    Well spotted, @saunders! You're right, it is a gentle nod, deliberate or not.

Quoting saunders: I've just finished reading a book on the history of 30 Assault Unit
    Which book would that be, sir? I'd love to know. I'd love to read it in fact. Any amazon coordinates? Thanks in advance! :)
  • saunderssaunders Living in a world of avarice and deceit

The book is called 'The History Of 30 Assault Unit' by Graig Cabell and is a companion piece to his earlier book 'Ian Fleming's Secret War', both are available through Amazon, hope this helps.
    Thanks for that, @saunders. They look like an interesting read, for sure. Fleming's war career is one of the few Bond-related things I haven't spent some time investigating yet. Too much to do, too little time...
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    So did anyone see this film? Is it any good?
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    So did anyone see this film? Is it any good?

It was alright. The small budget was apparent but they tried to be as inventive as they could with it. Bean is as reliable as ever in the worn, weary authority figure role. Danny Dyer actually wasn't bad either, to be fair. Never thought I'd say that.