The Last Movie You Bought?

Comments

• BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    edited December 2016 Posts: 9,020
    @Birdleson
    you're in for a treat...and I guess you already own the first mini-series Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy?
    I bought the 1.000th title on Blu-ray this year, I'm nutz.
  • JohnHammond73JohnHammond73 Lancashire, UK
    Colombiana - Blu-ray £1
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    @MajorDSmythe
    Another show I only watch for the ladies :D
    I love Piper and am always happy when Danielle (Anne Dudek) shows up!

full.jpg

Understandable reasons. ;) I quite like the show itself, too, it's like a more down to earth Alias.
    Birdleson wrote: »
    @Birdleson
    you're in for a treat...and I guess you already own the first mini-series Tinker Tailor Solider Spy?

I do, and I've never seen the follow up. Looking forward to it. I'm also working my way through the books. Have you read them?

I have read 5 or 6 of his novels plus the book about Swiss Brigadier Jeanmaire.
  • edited December 2016 Posts: 6,844
    I've had a fairly small Blu-Ray collection for some time (about two dozen films in all, not counting Bond). I try to only purchase films I feel like I'll watch several times over the years—and I take a somewhat snobbish bit of pride in what I have in my collection, too (the Fleming in me, only with films ;) ).

Anyway, I found some pretty amazing deals during Cyber Week and decided to take the opportunity to beef up my collection. Picked up these on Blu-Ray: Pulp Fiction, Big Trouble in Little China, Midnight in Paris, Starship Troopers, Galaxy Quest, and The Lord of the Rings Trilogy (Extended Editions). Also finally picked up Le Samouraï (Criterion) on DVD—shame it's never been released on Blu-Ray, but better DVD than nothing.

Missed a couple flash deals I had my eye on, but all in all I feel I made out pretty well. Especially considering these are all films I really wanted in my collection (maybe not so much Galaxy Quest as the others, but hey it's actually a pretty clever, well-written, and genuinely entertaining sci-fi comedy with a great cast). LOTR was the only one I'd previously owned on DVD, too.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    On bluray:

THE LEGEND OF TARZAN
    TERMINATOR: GENISYS

One of the very best Tarzan movies and one of the very best Terminator movies.
  • Still not seen the new Tarzan film, noticed a few on here being positive about it. I may buy it
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    Nerve
    Down Argentine Way
    A Yank In The RAF
    Pin Up Girl
    I Wake Up Screaming
    How To Marry A Millionaire
    The Dolly Sisters
    Moon Over Miami
    My Blue Heaven

A last bulk buy of 2016.
    51DOg25f%2BkL._SY300_.jpg

I love that film. My third favorite Hitchcock picture after Psycho and Vertigo.
  • FoxRox wrote: »
    51DOg25f%2BkL._SY300_.jpg

I love that film. My third favorite Hitchcock picture after Psycho and Vertigo.

It's a film I did not see for years, think I first watched it about ten years ago one of the last Hitchcock films I got round to watching. It is a great movie maybe even underrated, Bruno Antony is a proto Lecture type menacing and unhinged performance by Robert Walker. Only ever watched it on standard format, I almost bought the Dial 'M' for Murder/Strangers on a Train/North by Northwest boxset. Though I already own North by Northwest 50th Anniversary Bluray, I'll buy Dial 'M' for Murder next.

I couldn't help but sneak in 3 more DVDs before christmas:

Kickboxer Collection (Kickboxer & Kickboxer: Vengeance)
    Affair In Trinidad
    The Violent Men
  • edited December 2016 Posts: 1,009
    Xmas sales and discounts: Miles Ahead,Ghostbusters 2016,Tropic Thunder,Best Seller (underrated little gem of 80s noir with a little underrated gem on its Soundtrack, Perfect Ending, performed by the late Ben E. King, and if memory serves me well, composed by Lamont Dozier),Singing In The Rain and Eight Days A Week.

EDIT: All in BD.
    BD-
    Apocalypse redux
    The secret lives of Pets
  • QuantumOrganizationQuantumOrganization We have people everywhere
    bluray-

Hell or High Water
    Jason Bourne
    Star Trek Kelvin 3-pack
    Sicario

Slightly off topic, but does anyone know where I can get a Blu-ray copy of Ffolkes?
  • edited December 2016 Posts: 5,772
    On Amazon.uk if you live in Europe. Of course, it's under its other title, North Sea Hijack.

https://amazon.co.uk/North-Sea-Hijack-Roger-Moore/dp/B01HJR8YHC/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1482132040&sr=8-2&keywords=north+sea+hijack

• QuantumOrganizationQuantumOrganization We have people everywhere
    Gerard wrote: »
    On Amazon.uk if you live in Europe. Of course, it's under its other title, North Sea Hijack.

https://amazon.co.uk/North-Sea-Hijack-Roger-Moore/dp/B01HJR8YHC/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1482132040&sr=8-2&keywords=north+sea+hijack
    Well, unfortunately i live in the states. If its region free I could get it somehow. Thank you anyway.
  • All on Bluray...
    Westworld 40th Anniversary
    Princess Bride 25th Anniversary
    Capricorn One The most recent BD release
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world

Well, unfortunately i live in the states. If its region free I could get it somehow. Thank you anyway.

Look for it under the title ffolkes.
  • Batman 66 TV show box set on BD, my Christmas present to self ;))
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    Murdock wrote: »

Look for it under the title ffolkes.

Thanks! Ordered!
    BD
    Starwars IV, V & VI limited steelbooks
    Star Trek Beyond
    Flash season 1 & The originals season 2 (Christmas presents for the daughters)
    Apocalypse redux
  • @SaintMark Starwars IV, V & VI limited steelbooks... Are those the versions with the Theatrical cuts included? Or something close to the theatrical cuts before Lucas's added the new effects?
    @SaintMark Starwars IV, V & VI limited steelbooks... Are those the versions with the Theatrical cuts included? Or something close to the theatrical cuts before Lucas's added the new effects?

Just bought them They were the grand total of 15 euro's together so I have not really looked at the m yet.

• SaintMark wrote: »
    @SaintMark Starwars IV, V & VI limited steelbooks... Are those the versions with the Theatrical cuts included? Or something close to the theatrical cuts before Lucas's added the new effects?

Just bought them They were the grand total of 15 euro's together so I have not really looked at the m yet.

If it's the set I think it is it has two versions of each of the films, been thinking about getting them myself.

On BD...

To Catch a Thief
    Dial ''M' for Murder

Not a set three separate steelbooks, these are the ones with the new effects, which does not bother me so much as the original SW [still got that one of VHS] looks very dated and poor in comparison with the later installments. I am not bothered by any of the digitally enhanced and improved effects except for the replacement of Anakin Skywalker in Return of the Jedi as I find the prequel version a whiny little b...

I have got 'Dail "M" for murder in BD and it is brilliant.

"To catch a thief"is one of my favorites of good ole Hitchcock as it is not so much a thriller but a adventure movie with a likable rogue. Have it on dvd.
  • @SaintMark Been slowly upgrading my Hitchcock films, have most on DVD I watched Dial 'M' for Murder in HD when it was on Amazon looked great, though I like the documentarys just as much as the films.

Is it the steelbooks of SW with Storm Trooper on one cover, the Emperor on another? Agree they will look dated, I got rid of my videos though would like to watch the Theatrical versions again out of curiosity.
    I have been updating my DVD's of Hitchcock as well and they look brilliant on BluRay

And Indeed the Steelbooks are with Darth Vader, a Stormtrooper and the Emperor. I still have all versions of Star Wars and because of that I find SW much improved visually with the new versions and even Empire has given some depth to that city in the clouds which now looks amazing.
  • edited December 2016 Posts: 6,432
    On reflection I regret getting rid of some videos and DVDs, mainly the Bond and Star Wars ones. When I have clear outs I force myself to be ruthless, I just have way too much stuff.

@SaintMark the only gripe I have about improved version of Empire is when Vader says 'tell them to prepare for my arrival' a needless new shot that is jarring, and the voice does not sound right. Otherwise agree Beeping looks great.