The New Years Thread - Your Resolutions

jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
edited January 2016 in General Discussion Posts: 10,586
Happy new year to all forum members! <:-P
I'm curious as to any resolutions you have set for yourselves for the forthcoming year. Share them.

Comments

• chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    To meditate & read more.
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    Well in 2016 my resolutions would be:

1. Do much more blog writing and get more articles published there more frequently.
    2. Lose weight
    3. Do more walking/exercise
    3. Post a bit less on forums and be more creative.

That's about it for me. Not very exciting but, I feel, the essentials. Here's hoping that I can actually keep all of them consistently. :)
  • PropertyOfALadyPropertyOfALady Colders Federation CEO
    Watch a crap load of Bond.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Watch a crap load of Bond.
    Nice.
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    I plan on drinking le....Damn! I knocked over my martini!
    talos7 wrote: »
    I plan on drinking le....Damn! I knocked over my martini!
    Hahahahahahahaha!!!
    Exactly!
    Mine is to not stay away from this forum for as long as i did.
  • LordBrettSinclairLordBrettSinclair Greensleeves
    -Start "living" again, which means, find a nice woman to have fun with.
    -Spend more time with my brothers (friends).
    -Getting more fit, too much food, too little exercise lately.
    -Start "living" again, which means, find a nice woman to have fun with.
    -Spend more time with my brothers (friends).
    -Getting more fit, too much food, too little exercise lately.

A brothel would work on all three counts! :D
  • Already started mine last week back in the gym and back running, not trained for two months had to stop the rot.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Well one of my new years resolutions is happening early. I'm giving up on soda. I wish I had a Shrublands around here but I'll make due. I should have done this years ago but vices are hard to quit sometimes.
  • Murdock wrote: »
    Well one of my new years resolutions is happening early. I'm giving up on soda. I wish I had a Shrublands around here but I'll make due. I should have done this years ago but vices are hard to quit sometimes.

I had to do the same and changed my eating habits, this time last year my weight increased to my heaviest I have ever been due to back injury and job change and eating bad food. Since April I have lost 3 Stone (19kg) in weight it's been tough though cutting out sugar foods really helped.

Murdock wrote: »

I had to do the same and changed my eating habits, this time last year my weight increased to my heaviest I have ever been due to back injury and job change and eating bad food. Since April I have lost 3 Stone (19kg) in weight it's been tough though cutting out sugar foods really helped.

I'm at my heaviest now. 325 lbs. It's time to change and fast. But I'm committed to changing. Been on water all month. No pop so that's something. still working on the eating habits though.

I'm at my heaviest now. 325 lbs. It's time to change and fast. But I'm committed to changing. Been on water all month. No pop so that's something. still working on the eating habits though.

I spoke to a few nutritionalists and found it very helpful I literally started from scratch again with my eating, what is a bonus is I enjoy the healthier food I am eating and was shocked at how quick the weight fell off. One thing I learned is main meals are not so much the issue, it's when we snack is often the bigger problem. I just snack on high protein peanut butter with either fruit or light healthy crackers as apposed to crisps and chocolate type stuff.

I spoke to a few nutritionalists and found it very helpful I literally started from scratch again with my eating, what is a bonus is I enjoy the healthier food I am eating and was shocked at how quick the weight fell off. One thing I learned is main meals are not so much the issue, it's when we snack is often the bigger problem. I just snack on high protein peanut butter with either fruit or light healthy crackers as apposed to crisps and chocolate type stuff.

I'm setting up an appointment with one. I'm hoping things will go well. But I'm confident they will go smoothly. I'm determined.
  • That's it mate just be single minded that's what I did, you can do it
    Before you know it I'll be doing Bond grade parkor. ;)
    Too right I just scramble down cliffs in fear of my life ;)) I live in a seaside town so I am lucky beach and countryside five minutes away.
    edited December 2016 Posts: 16,328
    Too right I just scramble down cliffs in fear of my life ;)) I live in a seaside town so I am lucky beach and countryside five minutes away.

Not much to fear here except slipping on hills if you're out on a jog or just taking out the trash. I slipped on some mud last summer and wrecked my knee. That was not fun. :-\"
  • Ouch! I am accident prone I have a habit of walking into things without looking :))
    I have that same problem though for me it's stepping in something I shouldn't have. =))
  • :)) I once ran into a lamppost and knocked myself clean out :))
    Ouch! Try to shoot the camera first next time. :))
  • I probably would have made some money on candid camera :))
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    I will stop trolling.
    A few resolutions

1. Read more: I have a ton of unread gifts
    2. Me and my wife Amanda want to join a gym and loose weight
    3. I want to do something with music... I have been playing guitar for 20+ years and there are a lot of people who just do local shows etc and I kind of want to do that... sure if Billy Sherwood calls asking me to be the next guitarist of yes my answer is of course when and where (the offer extends to pretty much any classic rock band Kansas Genesis Etc) but considering I have a better chance of winning the lotto meh... I have a highschool friend who released a solo album and honestly while it didn't break any records he still did it so since I write a ton of ideas every time I sit down and play guitar so yeah maybe release an album or two etc the underground music scene is vastly different Jen many people realize.
    And that is about it
    I never ever make these but every year in my life that ends in a 7 (1977,1987,1997,2007) brings a good year,and my life is now finally moving on again after being married 16 years and my 'wife' betraying me 4 years ago ...so 2017 is a year for change,with my girlfriend now.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    To anyone who won't follow their 2017 resolutions...

• ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Risico007 wrote: »
    A few resolutions

1. Read more: I have a ton of unread gifts
    2. Me and my wife Amanda want to join a gym and loose weight
    3. I want to do something with music... I have been playing guitar for 20+ years and there are a lot of people who just do local shows etc and I kind of want to do that... sure if Billy Sherwood calls asking me to be the next guitarist of yes my answer is of course when and where (the offer extends to pretty much any classic rock band Kansas Genesis Etc) but considering I have a better chance of winning the lotto meh... I have a highschool friend who released a solo album and honestly while it didn't break any records he still did it so since I write a ton of ideas every time I sit down and play guitar so yeah maybe release an album or two etc the underground music scene is vastly different Jen many people realize.
    And that is about it

So how did it go?