Chat Thread - Free Discussion

Comments

• DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    Dragonpol wrote: »
    Does anyone find my tendency to apologize every time I screw up to be annoying? Just wondering.

No, I'm sure I do it too. It's hard-wired into us as a species I think.

Don't be making wild presumptions on human nature, Draggers. It's most erroneous. You'd better apologize. :P

Sorry.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    You are all a sorry bunch.
  • edited December 2016 Posts: 19,339
    jake24 wrote: »
    If only you were a mod. ;)

Don't encourage him for God's sake !!

Whats everyone apologising for this time ?!

barryt007 wrote: »
    If only you were a mod. ;)

Don't encourage him for God's sake !!

Whats everyone apologising for this time ?!

Sorry but I don't know.
    Random thing, but I suggest updating the "Favorite Bond Film" section in the profile to include Spectre.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    I've been thinking about that as well. I guess the demand hasn't been particularly high.
  • edited December 2016 Posts: 12,242
    I know a certain someone who would like that (cough @BondJasonBond006 cough).
    FoxRox wrote: »
    Random thing, but I suggest updating the "Favorite Bond Film" section in the profile to include Spectre.

Good idea. For some reason I never noticed that myself but it makes sense to update it and is only fair on Spectre.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Die Another Day is an option, but Spectre isn t ?
    edited December 2016 Posts: 17,727
    Die Another Day is an option, but Spectre isn t ?

Madness, I say. Madness!
  • edited December 2016 Posts: 1,637

Tracy wrote: »
    http://www.cnbc.com/2015/04/22/ameri...e-problem.html

http://www.vg.no/nyheter/innenriks/m...ng/a/23612291/

40% edible food thrown away in the US alone !

And that's just US , take Norway for example (brief translation) :

"Every year food for tens of billions of krones is thrown away in Norway. Much of this food is completely safe to eat, and there is something seriously wrong when tons of food is wasted.

Now we need to put in place a ban here in Norway"

"The proposal comes after a new law came into force in France last week where is it now illegal for supermarket chains to throw food while it is still edible.

"We want to do like in France and fine grocery stores that throw edible food. The most important thing for us is that food that is fully edible should not go to waste and a ban on throwing food should help supermarkets in a big way and politicians realize the seriousness"

"Many supermarket chains have even initiated good arrangements to reduce waste but it's still too much food being thrown , 130,000 tons edible food.

"We know, moreover, that 10% of greenhouse gas emissions from the wealthy part of the world is due to food waste"

"There are simply a lot of good arguments to expedite this work"

"361 000 tons edible food was thrown in Norway in 2013"

Hit the nail right on the head with that article.

edited
    Ben & Jerry's Half-Baked Ice Cream is the yummiest ice cream ever.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    FoxRox wrote: »
    Aired April 2001. What the heck.

tumblr_m1go0vhmFn1qcgioa.jpg
    Christ.
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    edited December 2016 Posts: 7,966
    Does anyone remember on some VHS tapes there used at be a series of clip from films (one was Ace Ventura, I remember, and maybe Die Hard) that would play at the beginning, and then a nice lady's voice would talk over it and at the end say...

"Thanks for listening."

And then there would be a red tick drawn on the screen. And then the film logos would start.

Ring any bells?
    Couldn't log on until now. Anyone else have the same problem?
  • BMW_with_missilesBMW_with_missiles All the usual refinements.
    Couldn't log on until now. Anyone else have the same problem?

Me too.
  • JohnHammond73JohnHammond73 Lancashire, UK
    Yeah, been down for a fair chunk of the day today.
  • A better Christmas decoration- there is none.

15578813_10154143370163461_4887051454251372225_n.jpg?oh=231c4a9946c86f25f835b1dd738d3620&oe=58F535EF
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    "Come down to the coast, we'll get together, have a few laughs!"
    Murdock wrote: »

That was the quote I was trying to remember! :))
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Dragonpol wrote: »
    Murdock wrote: »

That was the quote I was trying to remember! :))
    Now I know what a TV dinner feels like. :))
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    That's wicked clever.
    This poem gave me a chuckle :

nate 1 hour ago
    T'was the night before Christmas and all through the house, a Muslim was killing along with his spouse. As the Muslims fired their bullets to murder their "fair share," we'd be told of "Muslim innocence" by the liars at C.A.I.R. America's innocent children all nestled in their beds, have millions of Muslims who want to sever their heads. When in San Bernardino arose such a clatter, it was Muslims bullets and bombs that caused the holiday to shatter. Then out of the White House Obama did come, blaming Christians, right-wingers and the always "evil gun". He lectures "on with regulations", and "on with an assault weapons ban", but it's his foolish "Open Borders" policy that endangers the land. He and the Democrats say it's honest citizens whom they'll love to disarm, while they flood America with Muslims to do us great harm. And while Obama and the media search to blame anything but terror, it's Americans that are thinking "electing this dirt-bag was a catastrophic error." So, if you're lucky enough to make it through Christmas and into next year, Remember, it's murderous Muslims and treasonous Democrats that you certainly should fear.
    A better Christmas decoration- there is none.

15578813_10154143370163461_4887051454251372225_n.jpg?oh=231c4a9946c86f25f835b1dd738d3620&oe=58F535EF

=)) That is genius!!!!!
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Tracy wrote: »
    This poem gave me a chuckle :

nate 1 hour ago
    T'was the night before Christmas and all through the house, a Muslim was killing along with his spouse. As the Muslims fired their bullets to murder their "fair share," we'd be told of "Muslim innocence" by the liars at C.A.I.R. America's innocent children all nestled in their beds, have millions of Muslims who want to sever their heads. When in San Bernardino arose such a clatter, it was Muslims bullets and bombs that caused the holiday to shatter. Then out of the White House Obama did come, blaming Christians, right-wingers and the always "evil gun". He lectures "on with regulations", and "on with an assault weapons ban", but it's his foolish "Open Borders" policy that endangers the land. He and the Democrats say it's honest citizens whom they'll love to disarm, while they flood America with Muslims to do us great harm. And while Obama and the media search to blame anything but terror, it's Americans that are thinking "electing this dirt-bag was a catastrophic error." So, if you're lucky enough to make it through Christmas and into next year, Remember, it's murderous Muslims and treasonous Democrats that you certainly should fear.

Genius. (:| If people like you bothered to do the research you'd find out we are far more likely to be blown up in a bustling business center by one of our own (yes, an American!) than any terrorists (including the Muslim variety) crossing the border into the United States. As with most of our issues, this is a domestic one.

Merry f'n Christmas.
  • BMW_with_missilesBMW_with_missiles All the usual refinements.
    I was just browsing through a nearby Goodwill (a chain of thrift stores here in the US) and I found a copy of the Muppets episode featuring Roger Moore for $3. What a find!
  • ggl007ggl007 www.archivo007.com Spain, España
    edited December 2016 Posts: 2,535
    Archivo 007 wants to wish you all a Merry Christmas and a Happy and Bondian 2017:

FTCh9EH.jpg
    @ggl007, Merry Christmas to all our Spanish Bond brothers and sisters! Let's hope Bond makes his way to Madrid or Barcelona sooner rather than later on the big screen!