The Award Winning : 'Bond...comments while you watch...'

Comments

w2bond wrote: »
    Worst Bond Girl of the series

Jinx ?

• ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    I'd vote for Jinx or Stacy ( AVTAK) I find them both very annoying.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Goodnight of course.
  • w2bondw2bond is indeed a very rare breed
    Yes Jinx. Every scene she's in and every word she says is terrible. Not attractive either, unlike some of the other bottom contenders.
    Jinx i think is the 2nd worst...you all know who i think is the worst 'Bond girl'....
    edited December 2016 Posts: 2,252
    barryt007 wrote: »
    Jinx i think is the 2nd worst...you all know who i think is the worst 'Bond girl'....

She's a fluff head, naive. But not offensive. She's just there.

But Berry's "acting" leaves a lot to be desired. It's not her fault the script she was given but she loses points for that too
    Just caught OHMSS on ITV4+1....my #1 Bond film !!...
    It's a fierce battle for 1st place. Just like for bottom spot!
    Spectre. I've almost lost interest by the helicopter fight. The score is more offensive than DAD's dialogue
    If only the score was about something Bondian! =))
    Fantastic Q scene
    A spectre member who kills another for no reason won't make a good member?
    No tension to the car chase. Less adrenaline than a game of crazy taxi
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    I've always thought the "fun" car chase was to lighten the tone after the grizzly
    Killing by Hinx ?
    It feels like two beautiful cars too expensive to dent
    Yes play the Bond theme in the hotel room. Not the action highlight
    Lol he's like captain haddock with his alcoholism
    I've never put that together either. While I've always been fine with Moore's aggressiveness in TMWTGG that connection never crossed with me before. I'll keep that in mind during my next rewatch.
    The movie doesn't take itself serious enough for that to have been a conscious effort
    edited December 2016 Posts: 2,252
    One thing I did notice after watching all the Moore films this year (except for LALD and FYEO for now) is that Moore's performance as James Bond peaks at LALD and TMWTGG. He smokes cigars, he is more central to the movie (compared to say Spy and Moonraker where the action and sets take over), he is more confident and plays off against the villains better.

As I said above. Gilbert's films are about spectacle and Bond the character takes a backseat (same happens in YOLT). Moore is ok in the Glen films but his performance is more generic.

I feel there is a trend where the first performance of a Bond actor is generally the best and it goes downhill.
    - Connery peaks in DN and goes downhill with a big drop since YOLT
    - Moore puts his stamp more in his first two than the rest
    - Brosnan is directed well by Campbell, the rest of his films are all over the shop
    - Craig is well directed by Campbell, good performance in QoS but his last two feel more distant, despite the personal themes.

Perhaps this is due to the need to make a new Bond actor have a big impact, as well as the generally scaled down budgets when a new actor is introduced, forcing them to scale down the spectacle and be more clever with money
    Watching QOS and loving it !!!

"You are both,whats the expression? damaged goods ?"
    Watching AVTAK mayday currently taking care of Bond
    "Whats there to say ? haha
    Right time for SF to enter the arena,as it tries to move up from 7th spot...

Lets see how we get on old buddy ....
    Needs a gunbarrel....annoying ,but DC is awesome in the PTS....looks tough as shit...
    And i love the arabic score used in the PTS...brilliant.
    Bond checking his cuflinks is brilliant as he lands in the train....the colour and clearness in the shots and editing here is excellent..
    Adele's SF is damn damn good.....
    Same here @birdleson ..this really surprises me...its #7 and i think its going up ...might even shift my beloved OP to take 6th spot...but it didnt Silva to be linked to SP,that was a stupid thing to do...Silva was independant..and that is the way i will always view him..
    I love the way Bond hangs on to the lift in Shanghai and looks at his shoulder,knowing it cant take the strain...brilliant acting from DC..and again the colour and editing is fantastic...